Yes, WhatsApp works perfect. Download latest version from the Beta Zone

Posted with my Passport #workwide
    10-10-14 02:09 PM
    Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141010_201530.png
    Did someone say?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 02:21 PM
    Just got my passport today and have to admit I am very disappointed with the app situation in general. 75% of my apps are not compatible and this is really not acceptable imho. I hope that we can expect a lot of updates in the near future!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:37 PM
    Does anyone know how well IFTTT and 1Password work? I'm assuming IFTTT won't since it uses Google services.
    10-10-14 04:40 PM
    Just got my passport today and have to admit I am very disappointed with the app situation in general. 75% of my apps are not compatible and this is really not acceptable imho. I hope that we can expect a lot of updates in the near future!

Posted via CB10
    75% of your apps don't work? Can you list some of them? Perhaps we can help.

I have had a couple of scaling issues with some apps but nothing that I use doesn't work. So 75% not working is a lot. What do you use the Passport for?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:09 PM
    I have updated all three apps I have for 10.3 and Passport. However there is a minor design bug on Passport that I cannot reproduce on simulator.

The reason some developers aren't rolling updates is because they might be waiting for 10.3.1 to roll out. I was considering doing that, but I couldn't leave Passport users out
    stealthbob likes this.
    10-10-14 05:43 PM
    By the way, if you use Sachesi on BBWorld you are able to install the native apps designed for other devices.
    It may not help you with Android apps, but there are quite a lot of apps that work on Passport that just aren't whitelisted for it.
    Swipe Down->Settings->Choose a different device.

If anyone wants the 'physical .bar' file for any application, you can request that from me too. Hopefully that partially helps the app drought issue for you.
    Solved my Kindle problem, Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:10 PM
    75% of your apps don't work? Can you list some of them? Perhaps we can help.

I have had a couple of scaling issues with some apps but nothing that I use doesn't work. So 75% not working is a lot. What do you use the Passport for?

Posted via CB10
    A bunch of news apps like bloomberg or sports apps like pgatour. Not to mention all device monitor apps I used like meet your device or device sweet pro. Also ArKick and Tilt and I am just scratching the surface here. Even started a thread on this... not losing hope though, I really would love this OS to keep evolving

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:57 PM
    A bunch of news apps like bloomberg or sports apps like pgatour. Not to mention all device monitor apps I used like meet your device or device sweet pro. Also ArKick and Tilt and I am just scratching the surface here. Even started a thread on this... not losing hope though, I really would love this OS to keep evolving

Posted via CB10
    pgatour

Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141011_164420.png

Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141011_164411.png

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you restored from a backup... In that case you'll end up with some broken apps, at least I know I did. What I did to resolve it: First do a few reboots with 15 minutes in between them with Vol + & -. This clears out cache and temporary files, seems to help getting some of the broken Android apps going again.

If you've still got apps that aren't working on the Android side, remove them and repeat the reboot process above. Reinstall them from Snap after a few reboots and I bet they'll work fine.

Took a few reboots and reinstalls of Flipboard, Vine, and so on to get them going, but I was able to do so without nuking anything.
    10-11-14 03:53 PM
    pgatour

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141011_164420.png 
Views:	852 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	305200

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141011_164411.png 
Views:	851 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	305201

Posted via CB10
    That's weird, mine didn't work properly. Reinstalled and hard reset the device. It works better now but's still not optimized. The screen size is not being utilzed and there are some graphic work to do.. but usable for now, my bad. Might have to check all of the available ones at least, but I'm still missing quite a few apps in general..

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:55 PM
    Could someone confirm that Google Maps 3.2.1 (or whatever latest android bar is) works (without sign in feature or favorites because I don't use that anyway so I don't care about that). Could you also confirm if navigation works with it?
    10-11-14 04:25 PM
    Where'd you get Flipboard?

It's not available on either BlackBerry World or the Amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    http://devfil.es/92fVcorj

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:29 PM
    Have posted 3 questions but no answers so far...
    C'mon experts! Please say something... Thanks!
    Here are again my 3 questions:
    Does Blackberry Passport ...
    1) have Blackberry Bridge?
    2) have internet tethering to connect with the Playbook?
    3) run Whatsapp?
    Yes! Yes!Yes! A Google search would of told you that ....

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:46 PM
    Does anyone know how well IFTTT and 1Password work? I'm assuming IFTTT won't since it uses Google services.
    1Password works very well with the passport screen, thankfully. I mainly use it as a password reader rather than entering/editing passwords, I use the mac/ipad apps for that. But overall I'm very happy with it!

Attachment 305248

Note that there is no autofill feature in the BlackBerry browser like in ios8 and extensions (which is a kicka*s feature). Also the android version seems less elegant than iOS version.

Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    10-11-14 06:23 PM
    So super excited to get my Passport today:

Pros:

1. Really exceptional device - hardware, build quality
    2. I see what people have been saying about the space bar, but it does take some getting used to - you have to hit it in the middle to get a more softer hit.
    3. Love the OS changes in 10.3 with email, hub etc.
    4. Love the keyboard gestures - it is nice to have combined capability for swipe and hard keys (scrolling has not been a success for me because it is very inconsistent)
    5. Love the real-estate. It is really nice to read web pages, articles, documents.

Cons:
    There are minor issues, but I'll focus on the only main issue I have- APPS

With apps, I really feel like BB10 has taken two steps back with this device. My initial expectation was that the app gap would be closed significantly, but that is completely NOT the case. Reason I say this is because even though android apps run better in general with this OS, most of the apps I USED to run, don't run on the Passport. It is very hit and miss with apps.

I gave up on Amazon appstore and moved to Snap.

However many apps have constant problems:
    Bloomberg app is downright ugly and finicky - was very impressive on BB10 -now I can't even get that back because even BBworld loads the Android port.
    Stocks app works, but is very aesthetically challenged.
    NFL Now does not scale - video is squished - zoom out/in does not work
    Had to sideload Kindle (there's enough ranting on this in the forums), though it works
    Despicable Me crashes - uninstalled and re-installed did not work - stuck on loading
    Team Stream works but is very clunky - does not look good - looks like a 1998 web page
    Other apps fail BB guardian scanning, so I wouldn't load them.

I think overall, I underestimated how much apps would NOT fit well in the form factor for the Passport.
    I understand this device is ahead of its time, but for now the app experience is actually worse than I had on my z10, q10, and z30.

----
    Since I use this primarily for communication, I'm definitely happy to have it. It is awesome for all business stuff that I do on a daily basis. I just wish I could have my Sports and Finance apps as an enjoyable experience on this device - I could easily live without any games.

Anyway, it's been a long day of playing with this device, felt the need to summarize my thoughts.
    Download Sachesi from BlackBerry World. That will allow you to emulate a different BB10 device and download apps that aren't offered to Passport users. Swipe down from top to get to settings menu where you can select emulated device. It costs $1.99, but it was worth it for me to have all of my stuff.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59941296

My kids weren't happy that they could no longer play Despicable Me on my BlackBerry. They're cool now.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-11-14 06:28 PM
    For those unhappy with the current amazon store issues, Get snap. Contains every major android app. Loaded in 5 mins.

BlackBerry world apps that work well

What's app
    Tsn
    (and many more)

Androids apps that work great

Nest thermostat
    Adt pulse
    Netflix
    The score
    Dropbox
    Zite
    Flipboard
    Instagram
    Twn
    Pocket
    Kindle (uses the full width. Speed is amazing)
    Box

Hope this helps...

For those on the fence, keep in mind that the device is new. More apps will become compatible shortly. BlackBerry does need to fix the amazon issues of hiding apps asap though.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:43 PM
    So Sachesi isn't currently available for the z30?

Posted via CB10
    sebstarr likes this.
    10-11-14 07:13 PM
    Seems like the App used to replaced the native Bloomberg app for the Passport is the older Android version 1.* (as gathered from Sashesi), it's not the prettiest out of the android versions they could have picked.

The Android app version they should have posted is the Bloomberg+ for tablet app because the Passport resolution is more in line with a Tablet. It's currently on version 2.5+, the UI is updated to the modern Android 'Halo' look, and it runs pretty smooth on my Z30 (don't have a Passport to test it out yet because it's still on backorder until October 29), but I can imagine the app looks much better then the one they posted for Passport users.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx...int=file%2capk

Try it and see how it is.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spiculated; 10-18-14 at 03:01 AM.
    10-13-14 10:32 AM
    Not to sound simple here... why not try using the web version of instagram. Even better then the app.

Why be hung up on apps. With this amazing browser and screen, web apps are better then the cut down version.

Really no app shortage if you think about it.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    grover5 likes this.
    10-13-14 10:44 AM
    Just received my BlackBerry passport and tried the native Bloomberg app, and I can see why Bloomberg didn't release it. However their solution to put their basic Android Bloomberg smartphone app is not sufficient. So I've tried the Bloomberg+ tablet (Android) app and is very happy with it.

Below is the screenshot:

Passport - Struggling with Apps-img_20141017_214200.png

The app formats perfectly with the Passport screen and it's has very smooth scrolling. The only thing that is missing is active frame of native app, but the Android Tablet Bloomberg app is Highly recommended.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by spiculated; 10-18-14 at 02:57 AM.
    10-17-14 08:47 PM
    Has anyone tried the iheartradio app on the passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:25 PM
    Just received my BlackBerry passport and tried the native Bloomberg app, and I can see why Bloomberg didn't release it. However their solution to put the Bloomberg smartphone app is not sufficient. So I've tried the Bloomberg+ tablet app and is very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    How did you get it loaded on your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:45 PM
    Agree with OP. App situation is embarrassing at best.

Mainstream users are not hackers and don't want to sideload Snap etc.

Gotta have your basics...pay these companies if you need to but get some support for this thing or it will die.

I know it's hard bc I'm on a fanatic site but if you're being honest with yourselves this is a major issue and will likely lead to me (regrettably because I love everything else) returning it.

You can't be so blinded by your BB love to say things like "apps don't matter". They do and are here to stay.

I'm not asking for millions of apps but even ones your average business user would use that aren't necessarily business specific. 8 out 10 guys in my office play fantasy football and there is no support. That's not gonna fly, sorry.
    10-17-14 11:09 PM
    If you care about the app support don't buy a Passport...ever... Even if they eventually add support for some apps, in general they wont

Posted via CB10
    grover5 likes this.
    10-17-14 11:26 PM
98 1234