I need help.....Just received my UNLOCKED Passport and put a Straight talk nano sim in my phone. It is running on the ATT network. Now here is the problem, my MMS works no problem,(I changed the apn settings for MMS) but I have no DATA. Instead of the top right corner saying "4G"or "LTE" it says "HOME" and I can only use voice. A notification popped up in my HUB saying I have to configure my APN settings for DATA but I cannot find any instructions on the web. Hopefully someone had the same issue I have and they can help me with this
    03-04-15 08:58 AM
    does home show up in the network options to be able to click the apn settings?
    03-04-15 09:56 AM
    does home show up in the network options to be able to click the apn settings?
    I just got it working, I was able to open the APN setting in the network options and changed the APN name to "tfdata" and I now have all my data working.
    03-04-15 11:08 AM
    I just got it working, I was able to open the APN setting in the network options and changed the APN name to "tfdata" and I now have all my data working.
    yeaaah
    03-04-15 11:21 AM
    Hey dypkny! I'm on straight talk too. Do you mind sharing your specific tweak for the APN setting? My data works fine but I still don't have MMS messaging. Thanks!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    03-04-15 03:05 PM
    When I signed up my sister in law on her lumia I had to call them for the proper APN settings, and was told my Passport would get MMS and voice, but no data(was thinking of switching). I was told that Blackberries required a specific data plan(Even though I insisted that BB10 ran on regular data and BIS was no longer a requirement)), and would not work properly on the straight talk plan. Was I told wrong?
    03-04-15 06:12 PM
    You were not

BCP240 & BCP340 certified
    03-04-15 06:14 PM
    That's unfortunate if true. I haven't really had time to work on the issue but perhaps that's something that can be patched with future software updates.

03-05-15 05:02 PM
    Hey dypkny! I'm on straight talk too. Do you mind sharing your specific tweak for the APN setting? My data works fine but I still don't have MMS messaging. Thanks!

These are the APN settings that I used to have my MMS working......

Passport on straighttalk but need help to get data working-img_20150306_223158.png

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:32 PM
    When I signed up my sister in law on her lumia I had to call them for the proper APN settings, and was told my Passport would get MMS and voice, but no data(was thinking of switching). I was told that Blackberries required a specific data plan(Even though I insisted that BB10 ran on regular data and BIS was no longer a requirement)), and would not work properly on the straight talk plan. Was I told wrong?
    Yes you were told wrong ....BB10 devices work just fine on straight talk i can only confirm the GSM networks though and not CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:34 PM
    That's unfortunate if true. I haven't really had time to work on the issue but perhaps that's something that can be patched with future software updates.

Not true if u need more help just let me know.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 09:35 PM
    Hi dypkny!

Funny thing. My voice and data work fine. However when I try to access the APN settings it will not allow me to adjust the advanced settings like the Authentication area which is grey'd out. I'm not able to adjust the settings according to your screenshot. Any ideas?

03-08-15 10:39 AM
    Yes you were told wrong ....BB10 devices work just fine on straight talk i can only confirm the GSM networks though and not CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately BlackBerry has not made a CDMA version (yet?) so there is no way to get a Passport working on any CDMA carrier. And of course neither Verizon nor Sprint will activate any device they did not sell themselves, so even if BlackBerry were to make a model with a CDMA radio your only option would be some MVNO.
    03-08-15 10:51 AM
    Unfortunately BlackBerry has not made a CDMA version (yet?) so there is no way to get a Passport working on any CDMA carrier. And of course neither Verizon nor Sprint will activate any device they did not sell themselves, so even if BlackBerry were to make a model with a CDMA radio your only option would be some MVNO.
    Very true

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:01 AM
    Hi dypkny!

Funny thing. My voice and data work fine. However when I try to access the APN settings it will not allow me to adjust the advanced settings like the Authentication area which is grey'd out. I'm not able to adjust the settings according to your screenshot. Any ideas?

How are u accessing the apn settings?? Are your going through the HUB?....also where did you get your passport from att, shopblackberry, or amazon?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:03 AM
    Accessing APN settings from the Network settings menu and I received the device unlocked from Amazon

03-08-15 01:23 PM
    Hey! As soon as you said the hub I got it working. Forgot all about the hub settings menu for messages. THANKS! Everything works perfectly now. Yeah guys,this phone is WORTH it!

03-08-15 01:34 PM
    Accessing APN settings from the Network settings menu and I received the device unlocked from Amazon

That's the problem you are accessing the wrong APN settings.....open your HUB and click the 3dots on the bottom right corner, and than click settings,than click the text message setting, than click on the advanced setting and you should be able to access the text/mms APN settings....once you get there just refer to my pic i posted a couple days ago

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:37 PM
    Hey! As soon as you said the hub I got it working. Forgot all about the hub settings menu for messages. THANKS! Everything works perfectly now. Yeah guys,this phone is WORTH it!

Lol ok cool glad u got it working!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:38 PM
    Hello,
    This post helped me and thought I would leave a message, I just got my Canadian Fido Q10 unlocked and I can confirm everything works on Straight Talk AT&T ! 4GLTE and MMS!
    The network name also appears as HOME (used to be AT&T on my Android)
    Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:56 PM
    Glad this thread helped!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 05:36 PM
    I have data, can text can even send pictures but can't receive pictures, straight talk was no help, this is also a problem on the sons Z10 and my wifes Z30

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2744

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 10:22 AM
    I need help, I just bought a new passport and a new straight talk sims card but for some reason, it says my sims was rejected so I am unable to activate my phone, can someone please tell me what the problem is.
    07-02-15 09:28 PM
    U might need to try a new sim

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 02:44 PM