This is kind of pathetic...it's a phone, people. And isn't installing malware on his phone illegal?

Anyway, should have told him to pick up a Passport--no viruses or malware for me. He might have switched to get clients fawning over him instead.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:03 AM
    I think OP need some other interests before he need new friends if negative comments about a phone can lead to this.

I love my Passport as much as the next guy but still!
    11-18-14 10:27 AM
    If someone laughs at my phone for being too big, I laugh at their phone for being too small.
    11-18-14 10:35 AM
    There's a new "Dumb And Dumber" movie out?
    11-18-14 10:41 AM
    Everyone clearly the guy was just being an a..hole. It wasn't just about phone envy part but that wasn't the tipping point for me to do such an awful thing. There is a little bit more to the story. He had a trust issue as well. He called me up and ask me to fix his phone but instead tells me off he doesn't think I know what I'm doing and kept putting down my credibility. There was a lot of rude comments coming from him at the time. It annoys me why he even called me in the first place to fix his phone if he thinks I'm not a credible person to fix his phone.

I apologize for not clarifying a few things to the story. The friend is just a casual friend. We don't work together but we work in the same building. We would seldom go for lunch together and his S4 was just a personal phone and not a work phone. The malware which I'm not going to mention isn't a big threat, it's just a bunch of pop up adwares which can be remove.
    surgeon1919 and gruv4u like this.
    11-18-14 11:11 AM
    People people people... long time ago I learned that I am not morality patrol... I have my standards in life and values, but mine don't mean that the rest of the world have to live under the same rules... the fact that some of you (as myself) would have never done that to another person's phone, doesn't mean that me or anyone can teach the OP how to live his life... some of you are already calling him names because you disagree... you don't even know the guy for God's sake... chill out people

PD: I love writing in this physical kb!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and surgeon1919 like this.
    11-18-14 11:53 AM
    What was the problem with his S4 originally?

All these crazy stories sound like bs half the time, I feel like it's some marketing scheme to show the positive light of the Passport/other BB phones.

Also, who the hell puts malware on another person's phone, did your feelings get hurt that bad? Professional environment my ***

These stories are getting more and more insane.
    11-18-14 12:57 PM
    Er...and deliberately sabotaging his phone because his feelings are hurt because he made fun of his phone is mature?

I'm sorry, no one in this story seems like a hero here. They both sound ridiculous.

I'll say it again, he vandalized his friends phone because his friend insulted a CELL PHONE. So much for BB being for serious business professionals.
    In no way am I defending the op. Two wrongs don't make a right. Had the op's "friend" acted as an adult and not take a hissy fit because someone chose to show interest in another phone but his, the op most likely would not have loaded the malware.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and Evindzer like this.
    11-18-14 01:09 PM
    All over a cell phone. A damn inanimate object. You'd think he called his mother a nasty name.

That's when one needs to take a step back and evaluate skewed priorities.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-18-14 02:33 PM
    I burst out in class reading that china comment
    thymaster likes this.
    11-18-14 02:38 PM
    I burst out in class reading that china comment
    Pay attention in class. Why are you on crackberry?!
    I joke, I joke, great way to use the class time though lol.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    thymaster and Evindzer like this.
    11-18-14 02:43 PM
    The key here was "A Story...."
    gruv4u likes this.
    11-18-14 03:17 PM

I apologize for not clarifying a few things to the story...
    Thanks for sharing the story. I refuse to comment on any aspects of the story. Although I would like to say that it was an interesting addition to my day!

Thanks again! Lol!

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    thymaster likes this.
    11-18-14 03:29 PM
    Your too nice i would have said excuse me i have to use the rest room....accidently taking his phone with me u can figure the rest out .....

posted via my passport
    thymaster likes this.
    11-18-14 05:19 PM
    awww.....i really wanted to see what that actualy malware app was. a shame you wont tell us......
    11-18-14 06:25 PM
    What's the malware you put on it? I want to install it on my BB10 device and see what happens. If BB10 is really that great, I should not need to worry
    You could start with any of the Top Ten Flashlight apps on Google Play...
    11-18-14 07:16 PM
    People have been so conditioned with"rectanglitis" with current phones that a square shape like the Passport is deemed ugly or weird. It's amusing to me! Most people that use the device love it, and wondered why they didn't switch earlier!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LOL! 'Rectanglitis'!! I'll be using that one!!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-18-14 07:22 PM
    Installing malware on his phone wasn't cool.

You know, if somebody's going to disrespect my phone while I'm fixing theirs, I'm not going to sweat it. I'd just say something like, "Well, it's not my phone that's broken," and shrug it off.
    thymaster likes this.
    11-18-14 08:24 PM
    *naivete

But it should read 'A story of Envy, Ignorance, and Hate.' Or 'Hatered.'

That's if you want to be correct.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:20 AM
    *naivete

But it should read 'A story of Envy, Ignorance, and Hate.' Or 'Hatered.'

That's if you want to be correct.

Posted via CB10
    No, if you want to be correct, it's Hatred.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-19-14 08:08 AM
    No, if you want to be correct, it's Hatred.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Hah, typo...you got me. I'm talking about grammar and diction here.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:23 AM
    A truly great story! Just needed a love interest.
    11-19-14 10:42 AM
    My oldest brother is a hard core apple fan, he won't even acknowledge my passport exists. Im not sure why.
    thymaster and Andy_bb_king like this.
    11-19-14 11:28 AM
    Awesome OP! Lol!

"May I see your Passport please?"
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    11-19-14 11:29 AM
    If everybody do the same things, see the same things, like the same things, buy the same things, the world would be a miserable place to live. So a moron here and there is actually good. Just print him some literature that he can understand about things he have that are made in China, as most things today are and some literature about BlackBerry. Tell him about the thing you did and tell him that it was for being a moron. Then buy him a drink, laugh about it and have a good time.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    11-19-14 01:46 PM
76 1234