A friend of mind asked me to come by his office to fix his Samsung Galaxy S4 because he was having issues with it. I came over and his first comment on my Passport is that it's too big and heavy. Then said he's planing on getting the iPhone 6 Plus or Note 4 soon. I told him sure if large phone isn't a problem for you.

While sitting in his office fixing his phone problems a couple of his client came in the office was about to ask him some questions but instead focused their attentions on my phone. They were so fascinated by it that they kept asking me questions about it. Right from that moment my friend was angry that his phone didn't get any attention. While I excitedly talked about my new phone, he immediately cut me off telling his clients his opinion of the phone is too big and heavy and it is kinda ugly. I can tell that his client didn't like negative comments but they smiled at me and told me that it is still an interesting yet cool looking phone.

After his client left I confronted my friend and said is it necessary to throw my new phone under the bus. He was like I didn't realize you love China that much. I told him I don't know what he means by that. Then he said Blackberry went bankrupted 2 years ago and China bought them out. I was like omg, you gotta be kidding me. I didn't want to argue with him and said, my phone is made in Mexico, if China bought out Blackberry, you think Blackberry would still be made in Mexico? I laugh hysterically and he went away for a bit.

Then another client dropped by his office and their attention was glued to my phone again. While
    i was answering his client questions bout my phone, he cut me off again and said it was heavy, ugly and too big. I was losing it with his negativity but kept it cool in a professional environment.

After his client left I decided to install a malware app that I knew of for Android and told him unfortunately I was running out of time and couldn't figure out how to fix his phone and left. The next day he called me again and desperately asked me to fix my phone because it was getting worst. I told him you might as well switch over to the iPhone 6 Plus now, it's not that big a of a phone.
    11-17-14 02:06 PM
    Lmao rothfl that was good! If someone says that my phone is too big I just say it's a man's phone!

Posted via CB10
    spike12, Jeffm63, Evindzer and 5 others like this.
    11-17-14 02:09 PM
    hahaha that was funny... i hope he doesn't find out about the malware app though, you could be in trouble... but i laughed hard when i read that part...
    11-17-14 02:32 PM
    so you purposely put malware on his phone....what a great friend you are.
    11-17-14 02:37 PM
    Not a fair move.
    Karma will ask for a payback to you...
    11-17-14 02:41 PM
    so you purposely put malware on his phone....what a great friend you are.
    About as good a friend as your local car mechanic.

LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 02:42 PM
    Lol at this story. Where does he think his samsung and future iphone was made?
    Evindzer, sk8er_tor and AndyYNWA like this.
    11-17-14 02:42 PM
    Get a new friend.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 03:03 PM
    You didn't have to pull that low blow. All the love your Passport was getting should have been enough. Tsk tsk.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:33 PM
    Time to find a new friend...
    11-17-14 04:38 PM
    You didn't have to pull that low blow. All the love your Passport was getting should have been enough. Tsk tsk.

Posted via CB10
    I know how the OP feels. Sometimes people can reach a level of irritating that there's no coming back from.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-17-14 04:54 PM
    What's the malware you put on it? I want to install it on my BB10 device and see what happens. If BB10 is really that great, I should not need to worry
    Coraya, power5, Supa_Fly1 and 3 others like this.
    11-17-14 04:57 PM
    What's the malware you put on it? I want to install it on my BB10 device and see what happens. If BB10 is really that great, I should not need to worry
    I sure hope you're right...
    11-17-14 05:13 PM
    Jealousy is a bad disease....hope your friend gets cured!!
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-17-14 05:20 PM
    Man ... I'd like to point out a few things by paraphrasing your post ....

[SIC: Client(s)] They were so fascinated by it that they kept asking me questions about it. Right from that moment my friend was angry that his phone didn't get any attention. While I excitedly talked about my new phone, he immediately cut me off telling his clients his opinion of the phone is too big and heavy and it is kinda ugly.
    After his client left I confronted my friend and said is it necessary to throw my new phone under the bus. He was like I didn't realize you love China that much. I told him I don't know what he means by that. Then he said Blackberry went bankrupted 2 years ago and China bought them out.
    ^ although not potentially obvious to some ... that statement in bold above ... you have to wonder about it. Borderline acceptable from any of my personal friends - ALL from various cultures ... only 4 from the same faith/belief system born in various parts of the world. ONLY ... and ONLY because we faced hardship and known each other do we EVER joke on that line and ONLY amongst, TO, and directly TO ourselves! And even THAT is hard to swallow when we're super drunk ... we ALL know to speak up and when to not cross the line - it's never EVER crossed the line and NEVER in front of our families/parents.

After his client left I decided to install a malware app that I knew of for Android and told him unfortunately I was running out of time and couldn't figure out how to fix his phone and left. The next day he called me again and desperately asked me to fix my phone because it was getting worst. I told him you might as well switch over to the iPhone 6 Plus now, it's not that big a of a phone.
    ^LMAO! That's mean ... I like it ... he did kind of deserved it based on his/her arrogance. To be honest man I think you need to either

a) Have a mano-e-mano talk with your friend and state he better respect you and your choices on the things you have earned or have, and if he has a problem be respectful to you in how he voices his/her opinion and speak to you in private.

b) Begin to separate yourself from this friend ... I can only see it getting worse and you should keep this small turmoil from getting REALLY bad in the corporate office - it's your job/career and livelihood that can get screwed over. When and or IF this friend matures during this separation he/she will ask you about it and then you both can maturely and privately follow point a) above talk it out.

Good luck,
    11-17-14 06:00 PM
    Your friend has some issues if he gets his nuts in a knot over the attention being put on someone else's phone. What is he, 6?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by willowbeast; 11-18-14 at 04:11 AM.
    11-17-14 06:09 PM
    Lol. If this person is truly a friend don't let something over a phone ruin that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-14 06:12 PM
    People have been so conditioned with"rectanglitis" with current phones that a square shape like the Passport is deemed ugly or weird. It's amusing to me! Most people that use the device love it, and wondered why they didn't switch earlier!

kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-17-14 06:12 PM
    I for one want to say to OP: Good job! If that friend was a real friend to you, they'd say their opinion once, and only to you, and not three times and infront of other people. Nevertheless, I would deal with that situation somewhat differently: I would tell the friend to stop being rude interrupting my answers about my phone while I'm I'm trying to help them and fix their own phone or I won't fix it. And I would reconsider being friend with that kind of person.
    EsJayDee and Shadowyugi like this.
    11-17-14 06:16 PM
    Your friend has some issues if he gets his nuts in a not over the attention being put on someone else's phone. What is he, 6?

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!!! What kind of co-worker is he? He seems really immature!

11-17-14 06:35 PM
    I truly hope this story isn't true!! If it is, you may need some new friends!
    11-17-14 06:44 PM
    Not a fair move.
    Nah, this was the karma coming for that friend of his for their purposeful ignorance.
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    11-17-14 06:54 PM
    Not a fair move.
    Nah, this was the karma coming for that friend of his for their ignorance and hatred.
    11-17-14 06:54 PM
    Crackberry story of the year. luv it lol
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    11-17-14 06:58 PM
    Not a fair move.
    Not if he's still using his BlackBerry Passport! LOL!

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    11-17-14 07:00 PM
76 123 ...