not odd at all, people walk in with gym bags all the time, whats it take to pack bolt cutters?

then just sit in the locker rm where obviously there are no CCTVs, and strike when the time is right.....
    I guess you make a good argument for not leaving keys or valuables in the locker room.
    12-15-14 06:43 PM
    somebody close to me had their one month old passport stolen....

if you see any "deals" on a used passport on ebay, kijiji, etc, and it will likely try to be sold without original box, charger, accessories.

Save yourself a headache and disappointment and know that its now Blacklisted and won't be able to be activated.

Can you post the IMEI and save everyone a headache. Your post won't help anyone much. Craigslist has many legitimate sales. I've sold 4 Passports through Craigslist, all completely fine units with warranty.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 06:49 PM
    Or the phone went to a pawn shop

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:56 PM

if you see any "deals" on a used passport on ebay, kijiji, etc, and it will likely try to be sold without original box, charger, accessories.

Save yourself a headache and disappointment and know that its now Blacklisted and won't be able to be activated.

Activate find my passport. And you should be good. Do you want to buy mine?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:13 PM
    Report the phone stolen to BlackBerry as well. They can blacklist the PIN.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:28 PM
    I think it's already done

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:31 PM

Did he try the Canadian Embassy? That's the first place i would go if i had a lost or stolen passport.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    D3C0D3R and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    12-15-14 09:32 PM
    What if they bring the phone overseas and activate it there? Will it work.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will work overseas. Blocklist works only in the country of where it was blocked.
    12-15-14 09:36 PM
    It's unfortunate that it was stolen.

How ever this is GREAT news for BlackBerry.
    People will steal a BlackBerry again!

In Squircle I Trust
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    12-15-14 10:20 PM
    Sorry for your friend's loss. I hope they reported it stolen to the police as well. It would help a lot if people got into the habit of doing this because it would encourage those buying used items to look for a central database for matching items.

Anyway, what happens to a blacklisted phone when you power it up? All phones usually check the SIM tray and mobile network at boot so do they get a blacklisted response and lock up? I was impressed to learn that my Torch 9810 would not work without a complete wipe when I removed my SIM card but was usable after that.
    12-15-14 10:28 PM
    GOOD NEWS!!!!

Guelph Police nabbed em! These guys were into a drug ring. The cars they used which we have on security cam were stolen. These guys are off to jail with a rap sheet as long as my left arm....

Best news, my bro got his Passport back in perfect condition along with his wallet and all ID. Only real loss was the cash in his wallet. No biggie.

Have fun in the slammer, suckas!

Edit: here is the news link http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-st...fitness-clubs/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sandman10; 12-20-14 at 04:12 PM.
    12-20-14 10:01 AM
    good for your friend...I wish it would have been the same when the girlfriend got her one week iphone stolen where she worked..Off course I went to police but nothing has ever happen here..lost for ever...
    12-20-14 10:23 AM
    True say! Sick for the OP. This device is the bomb.
    12-20-14 10:38 AM
    Great ending to the episode....let's be full of Christmas cheer!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-20-14 10:39 AM
    Woww good luck!!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:33 PM
    Yes it will work overseas. Blocklist works only in the country of where it was blocked.
    If it is blocked by BlackBerry, it will not work anywhere in the world, as it will not make it past the setup since it will be blocked from BlackBerry servers.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:39 PM
    So did BlackBerry Protect play a role in these guys' capture? Were you able to give the police their location via the phone's gps?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-20-14 02:45 PM
    So did BlackBerry Protect play a role in these guys' capture? Were you able to give the police their location via the phone's gps?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    these guys were experienced crooks. they shut the phone off right away, and pulled out the sim. Protect was useless in this particular case. But we did use BB Protect to remotely wipe the phone as soon as it was powered up, and it worked.

We were able by calling the bank, know exactly what time and where they used the credit cards to get gas, we went to the gas station and reviewed the video and caught the two guys filling up two (and we just learned they were stolen) vehicles. then they came into pay and got both them on cam, clear as day.

Circulated the photos to the gym, and the police station, and Guelph nailed them. They have been hitting numerous gyms doing the same trick over the past weeks.

went to Guelph police station and they had 4 table fulls of recovered stolen goods, and they had additional pics of these guys which matched up with ours. For whatever reason, they even kept the broken lock that they cut off my bro's locker! He went over to it, identified his lock, and unlocked it front of the cops! Score! more evidence that these knobs stole his stuff.

I was debating over posting their pics we got off the security cam, but they got busted now, so no need.

Needless to say, we are over the moon. Thieves suck!
    D3C0D3R and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    12-20-14 03:02 PM
    Excellent news.
    12-20-14 03:15 PM
    Yeah glad the caught them. I think I heard about this. What gym was it? I live in Guelph.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 03:49 PM
    Yeah glad the caught them. I think I heard about this. What gym was it? I live in Guelph.

Posted via CB10
    They hit the GoodLife gym in Grimsby, used his gas cards right away in Grimsby, then went to Waterdown LCBO and bought some alcohol, and then made a few other purchases on the way back to Guelph.

Here is the news report. I just love it when they get caught! haha suckers.

Guelph man charged in thefts at fitness clubs
    12-20-14 04:05 PM
    Amazing! Great work Guelph Police! I'm glad your friend and everyone else affected recovered their property. I love the police. I really don't like hearing people complain about them when they are serving us good people.
    12-20-14 04:38 PM
    GOOD NEWS!!!!

Guelph Police nabbed em! These guys were into a drug ring. The cars they used which we have on security cam were stolen. These guys are off to jail with a rap sheet as long as my left arm....

Best news, my bro got his Passport back in perfect condition along with his wallet and all ID. Only real loss was the cash in his wallet. No biggie.

Have fun in the slammer, suckas!

Edit: here is the news link http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-st...fitness-clubs/

Posted via CB10
    Great news!

The odds of that being a big-ring thing are so low, but it actually turned out to be beneficial!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-20-14 05:17 PM
    Amazing! Great work Guelph Police! I'm glad your friend and everyone else affected recovered their property. I love the police. I really don't like hearing people complain about them when they are serving us good people.
    Forget about it

Last edited by D3C0D3R; 12-21-14 at 09:27 AM.
    12-20-14 05:19 PM
    Well we aren't down in the States now are we?

Our police up here for the large 99% majority of the time, and every one I've ever met, are awesome and not at all like what's happening!

First off, I'm very glad everything was found and the criminals were caught red handed.

2nd: Really, you're going to turn this thread into a bashing of police in the U.S. That's millions of good, hard working LEO's who would put their lives on the line for you without thinking twice. Let's NOT go there.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    BCLoco, Umaima_B_Dia and modifier like this.
    12-20-14 05:31 PM
61 123