somebody close to me had their one month old passport stolen....

if you see any "deals" on a used passport on ebay, kijiji, etc, and it will likely try to be sold without original box, charger, accessories.

Save yourself a headache and disappointment and know that its now Blacklisted and won't be able to be activated.

12-15-14 08:30 AM

if you see any "deals" on a used passport on ebay, kijiji, etc, and it will likely try to be sold without original box, charger, accessories.

Save yourself a headache and disappointment and know that its now Blacklisted and won't be able to be activated.

If I find something I will let you know.
    You're a good friend by posting it here!
    12-15-14 08:38 AM
    That is infuriating.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-15-14 08:51 AM
    Interesting, I love that people think of unique ways to report these incidents. I'll look into it as well. It's my job
    @PCArsenault
    12-15-14 08:58 AM
    Any chance you can locate it with BlackBerry protect?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:29 AM
    Any chance you can locate it with BlackBerry protect?

Posted via CB10
    The phone appears to be powered down and protect won't work.

When we try calling, goes straight to vmail.

And protect has trouble locating it, likely due to it being powered off.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:35 AM

Ouch!

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-15-14 10:43 AM
    They might sell it for pieces

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-15-14 10:45 AM
    Interesting, I love that people think of unique ways to report these incidents. I'll look into it as well. It's my job
    @PCArsenault
    Unique way??????
    Do you mean in the forum?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:47 AM
    Ouch, that sucks.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 10:49 AM
    They might sell it for pieces

Posted via CB10
    This. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to try and activate any stolen phone. But there's no IMEI on the screen, keyboard or battery, is there? There are probably some unscrupulous repair shops that will not look too closely at the origin of the components.
    keepit dry likes this.
    12-15-14 01:49 PM
    Please post bbm pin, so if anyone uses the phone with bbm you'll know immediately, that's 1 thing they can't change

Posted via CB10
    tatail, alternator77 and dalight13 like this.
    12-15-14 02:02 PM
    This. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to try and activate any stolen phone. But there's no IMEI on the screen, keyboard or battery, is there? There are probably some unscrupulous repair shops that will not look too closely at the origin of the components.
    What's to stop the thief from selling it to some unsuspecting consumer across the country thinking they're getting a great deal on a passport.....

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:27 PM
    What's to stop the thief from selling it to some unsuspecting consumer across the country thinking they're getting a great deal on a passport.....

Posted via CB10
    Then you should have no problem recovering it from the gullible buyer who wouldn't raise a red flag over the great deal on an out-of-box phone without a charger.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-15-14 02:33 PM
    Then you should have no problem recovering it from the gullible buyer who wouldn't raise a red flag over the great deal on an out-of-box phone without a charger.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    No trouble except paying to cover the price the unsuspecting buyer paid the thief.

OP- could you explain the circumstances behind the theft...how did they manage to steal it?
    12-15-14 02:39 PM
    OP- could you explain the circumstances behind the theft...how did they manage to steal it?
    car keys were in locker at gym. thieves used bolt cutters, stole keys, made way to parking lot,

stole wallet and shortly after rang up purchases on credit cards (liquor store and gas), and most importantly, stole the Passport!
    12-15-14 04:14 PM
    car keys were in locker at gym. thieves used bolt cutters, stole keys, made way to parking lot,

stole wallet and shortly after rang up purchases on credit cards (liquor store and gas), and most importantly, stole the Passport!
    How did they match keys to the car? We're they staking out the parking lot?

This Passport takes me places!
    12-15-14 04:36 PM
    How did they match keys to the car? We're they staking out the parking lot?

This Passport takes me places!
    Press the unlock button twice to make the car beep/flash, most likely. The downside of modern conveniences.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 04:38 PM
    That stinks but look on the bright side BB is back...nobody stole one for a long time,lol
    Steelsheen and leedium like this.
    12-15-14 04:47 PM
    That stinks but look on the bright side BB is back...nobody stole one for a long time,lol
    LOL..... that was my Number 1 answer when people asked why I still use a BB, I tell them I can leave it laying around and never have to worry about someone stealing it!!
    12-15-14 04:59 PM
    What if they bring the phone overseas and activate it there? Will it work.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:08 PM
    What if they bring the phone overseas and activate it there? Will it work.

Posted via CB10
    Don't think so as it is locked now.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:13 PM

Amazing they were able to walk into a gym with bolt cutters, use them in a locker room, and not get noticed.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    12-15-14 05:46 PM
    Ask the credit card company to list stores involved and purchase times, chances are they'll have video evidence perhaps the gym too. Ask the police to check into it. Hopefully they will recognize who it is as usually these types of crooks already have records. Also even though a gym might claim not to be responsible for theft they can hold some responsibility if all the precaution they've taken is hanging a sign saying they aren't responsible.

Good Luck

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:18 PM
    Amazing they were able to walk into a gym with bolt cutters, use them in a locker room, and not get noticed.
    not odd at all, people walk in with gym bags all the time, whats it take to pack bolt cutters?

then just sit in the locker rm where obviously there are no CCTVs, and strike when the time is right.....
    12-15-14 06:41 PM
61 123