Good evening (I am from Germany so it's unfortunately already dark),

Just got my beautiful Stilgut case for the much more beautiful Passport. I actually like it very much but I have some handling issues...
    Writing with the case open feels a bit awkward in my left hand because of the top cover. Flipping the top cover to the back shuts off my screen from time to time because of the magnet...

How do you guys use the case?
    I really like the look and the quality the handling is a bit strange...

Cheers, Daniel
    12-13-14 11:28 AM
    I very much want to get the same case but saw the same issues raised in reviews on Amazon(USA). Does this effect your productivity? That is my biggest worry.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 11:35 AM
    The Stilgut really is a lovely case, I like it alot. I, too, saw some Amazon reviews mention that folding back the screen sometimes shut off the screen -- I found those reviews puzzling because I routinely fold back the cover and haven't seen it turn off the screen in that scenario. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that.

I wonder if magnet placement is slightly off in some Stilgut cases, causing that screen behavior...
    12-13-14 11:43 AM
    I have the case just a few minutes. But right now and without a lot of experience I would say yes, it totally effects my productivity... If the display would stay on while flipping the top cover to the back it would be great I guess. But right now I am writing with the top cover flipped to the left since otherwise the display shuts on and off depending on the exact position of the magnet. It's just millimeters of cover movement on the back that leads to those shut offs...
    Writing with the cover to the left is not really possible and no fun at all...
    12-13-14 11:47 AM
    Yeah, it must be the magnet placement if some people don't have this problem... Thanks for your post. I should maybe order another one.
    12-13-14 11:49 AM
    Just put a paperclip between the Passport and the case on the back. It seems that this tiny clip is enough to keep distance to the magnet it works now how it's supposed to be...
    The case feels and looks very good.
    12-13-14 12:09 PM
    My Stilgut case doesn't turn off the screen. Perhaps it spends on the case model. I've received several compliments on the case. It has a very premium look and feel.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:30 PM
    I've had my stilgut case for a few weeks now, I can honestly say, I always type with top cover flipped to the back. No matter how I move the cover over the back(within the limits of the flap), I can't make it turn the screen off.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome Passport!
    12-13-14 01:41 PM

Just got my beautiful Stilgut case for the much more beautiful Passport. I actually like it very much but I have some handling issues...
    Writing with the case open feels a bit awkward in my left hand because of the top cover. Flipping the top cover to the back shuts off my screen from time to time because of the magnet...

Cheers, Daniel
    Hello Daniel from Vancouver in Canada. The case itself looks beautiful. Luckily for you the company is based in Germany and offers excellent Customer Service: "Free customer service and possibility to return your case within 14 days if the case doesn't match to your tastes. This product has a two-years guarantee."
    geekaren likes this.
    12-13-14 02:06 PM
    I have the case just a few minutes. But right now and without a lot of experience I would say yes, it totally effects my productivity... If the display would stay on while flipping the top cover to the back it would be great I guess. But right now I am writing with the top cover flipped to the left since otherwise the display shuts on and off depending on the exact position of the magnet. It's just millimeters of cover movement on the back that leads to those shut offs...
    Writing with the cover to the left is not really possible and no fun at all...
    Thanks for reply. I desperately want to get a good case for my Passport but might wait until I hear this is resolved. Hopefully StilGut is aware of this.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:32 AM
    Left hinged case only suspends screen closed...folded back is fine...does not shut off in back...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:55 AM
    Do you find that holding the cover behind the phone and typing to make the device to bulky? I couldn't stand trying to type on the Q10 with the flip held behind the phone.
    12-27-14 10:47 PM
    The hinge is very pliable & the front cover folds all the way around back flat so it's easy to hold&type for my use... I too was concerned, but so far it is great...
    mhw100 likes this.
    12-28-14 01:14 AM
    This case is great I purchased the Nappa Black and it is very comfortable with the cover flipped to the back. I have had no issues with the magnet turning off the screen. I love that I can rotate the screen in bedside mode and use this as a stand at night. Works great!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 08:51 AM
    The OEM book type case seemed inadequate and wasn't worth even using, so I sent it back. Amazon inventory was out of the StilGut case, so I ordered it directly from Germany. I've ordered the Vaja agenda case because the cover's leather is thicker, will fold back without needing to be re-aligned, and the Passport is worth the investment.
    12-28-14 10:03 AM

Cheers, Daniel
    That case is identically to the Tetded dijon ii case and that does not happen at all!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:01 AM
    Something I have noticed, when I have the case flipped and I set it on the desk it has gone to sleep on me a couple of times.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:03 AM
    I folded a small piece of paper and put it between the passport and the case and it solved the problem

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 04:56 AM
    Hello, i have just received StilGut Book Type Case with clip and i don't have your issue.
    The screen shuts down only when i close the cover and not when turn it on the back.
    May be a problem of your case.
    01-08-15 03:39 PM
    I have the stilgut case on my passport for around 2+ weeks now...it opens to the left side, flips flat to the back with no shut-off issue ever, shows the LED when closed spot on, adds almost no bulk, closes perfectly flat from day #1, holds the fone securely, & has made me carry the fone front pocket with no worries... productivity is increased IMHO
    01-08-15 04:02 PM
    I got a case through Amazon UK 2 weeks ago and have found no issues at all regarding the cover been folded back. It's a good company to deal with and if you contact them directly I think they will sort you out as they really value their reputation.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    01-08-15 04:15 PM