I'm considering the Passport but would be very appreciative with some information about how it performs when on, but not in active use (Standby or idle). My iPhone 6 Plus is a Standby superstar, especially on WiFi. I can go 8-10 hours and maybe be down 1%, sometimes nothing. It sips power when on but not in use. Apple nailed this. Super impressive.

My Samsung Galaxy S6, on the other hand, is abysmal in idle. I lose up to 5% per hour with the phone just in idle. It's maddening to pick up the S6 after a long morning of meetings and be down to 75% battery (or lower) without having touched the phone.

I really think that Standby efficiency is the most important thing for battery life since most of the time, your phone is on but in idle waiting for you to do something. So any information on the Passport's Standby performance would be terrific and really appreciated!
    06-01-15 10:54 AM
    I can't compare with iPhone 6 but I had iPhone 5s and many android devices. Passport standby battery consumption is superb. It's like 1% or less per hour for me. My tmobile signal is pretty good by the way. I am not sure about android devices but they seems to drain a lot battery life even in standby and that's including android tablets.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:14 AM
    I can't compare with iPhone 6 but I had iPhone 5s and many android devices. Passport standby battery consumption is superb. It's like 1% or less per hour for me. My tmobile signal is pretty good by the way. I am not sure about android devices but they seems to drain a lot battery life even in standby and that's including android tablets.

Posted via CB10
    Good info...thanks so much. Is your 1% per hour drain on WiFi or on T-Mobile cell towers? And, is there a big difference in the Standby drain between the two?
    06-01-15 12:41 PM
    If I turn off mobile and set WiFi only, I lose like 2~3% battery life in 12 hours standby. I am pretty sure WiFi will help save the battery life. I just used my passport for Web, CB, email, and moderate stuff for 2 hours and I still have like 92% left. My q10 would be like 80% if I use use it for same amount. My brightness is set to like 35%.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:18 PM
    It is about 1% per hour under WiFi, a bit more using the mobile network.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Techno-guy likes this.
    06-01-15 01:58 PM