The nano-sim make the Passport less attractive for me
    Really? It's been growing in adoption the past couple years. It was only a matter of time wasn't it?

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    06-29-14 01:39 AM
    What is this nano-sim?
    06-29-14 01:45 AM
    I thought micros were also slightly thicker than nanos so the transition from micro to nano was not simple like it was with the move from sims to micros?

Not an issue in Germany as all the main carriers offer multisim to their customers so you can have both on the one account.
    The thickness difference is insignificant. I use an adapter for a while now without issues. Cost me $2.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-29-14 02:04 AM
    I thought micros were also slightly thicker than nanos so the transition from micro to nano was not simple like it was with the move from sims to micros?

Not an issue in Germany as all the main carriers offer multisim to their customers so you can have both on the one account.
    I can confirm micro can be cut/turned into nano.
    tatail likes this.
    06-29-14 04:16 AM
    The nano-sim make the Passport less attractive for me
    That doesnt make any sense so what if it uses a nano instead of a micro?

but then again the difference between micro to nano is so miniscule i dont even understand why companies are bothered with the transition
    06-29-14 04:20 AM
    A lot, if it uses micro sim, you can switch between devices more easy. Nano sim is, as far as i know, used by apple. With nano sim you need to buy new sim and if something happens with your new phone, you can,t switch back to your old bb10 phone.
    Melinium likes this.
    06-29-14 04:42 AM
    Isn't Pirelli better then Ferrari?
    LCD is a display technology, LED is only an illumination technology. It's used for rear illumination of the LCD panel.
    FYI, pirelli is a tyres manufacturer whilst Ferrari is one of the best supercar company in the world...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tomsobon; 06-29-14 at 08:44 AM.
    06-29-14 04:49 AM
    FYI, pirelli is a tyres manufacturer whilst Ferrari is one of the best supercar company in the world...
    You must be American, aren't you?

Posted via CB10
    Oh dear.. You clearly didn't understood his post. Please, read once again the quote and then his post.

Posted via my Q10
    FCSC, dmlis and sherlockhaze like this.
    06-29-14 05:04 AM
    disappointed in the LCD but everything else is fine, still a winner in my books
    You are not put off by constantly shifting hues on Q10 or Z30 AMOLED screen? Its like looking at a screen with polarized filter on your eyes, everything shifts and spills. Ill yellow tinted whites are the worst offender in my opinion. So far benefits of pure black don't outweigh major color inconsistency.
    Heinz Katchup and habicht like this.
    06-29-14 05:39 AM
    Non removable battery . Could be a deal breaker.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 07:12 AM
    What is this nano-sim?
    velkod likes this.
    06-29-14 07:15 AM
    Just to be pedantic for the sake of it, you've actually missed a generation of SIM card there. What that picture calls 'SIM Card' is actually a MiniSIM. The original and full-sized SIM was the size of a credit card. I remember having one in my Motorola StarTAC! The chip was the same size, it just had a ridiculous volume of plastic all around it.
    homer1475 and dmlis like this.
    06-29-14 07:20 AM
    Non removable battery . Could be a deal breaker.
    I don't remove the battery, I connect it through the cable incorporated into the second battery.
    06-29-14 07:21 AM
    I don't remove the battery, I connect it through the cable incorporated into the second battery.
    Cable incorporated into the second battery? Using the charging bundle?

I prefer to just replace the battery on my Q10 now rather than dealing with cables and a huge battery attached to my phone.

I'm moving around all day, so plugging my phone in to a backup battery to charge isn't ideal.

Posted via CB10
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    06-29-14 07:27 AM
    I'm hoping the Q10 spare battery kit will work as an external battery for the Passport
    06-29-14 07:28 AM
    Cable incorporated into the second battery? Using the charging bundle?

I prefer to just replace the battery on my Q10 now rather than dealing with cables and a huge battery attached to my phone.

I'm moving around all day, so plugging my phone in to a backup battery to charge isn't ideal.
    I do too, and if I had to replace the battery, I would have encountered downtime period to restart the phone.
    This way, I'm always online and the battery doesn't come in the way while it is attached.
    tank41 likes this.
    06-29-14 07:30 AM
    "Slimport appears to be a better technology, but things are rapidly changing. Although it is supposed to be standardized, there are quite a few compatibility issues among slimports. Some won't work on specific types of TV's (I hear a lot of problems with older Samsung TVs). And to make matters worse, the Nexus 7 (2013) appears to have a bug in it's slimport implementation. Based on my limited research on various discussion boards, no one has been successful in connecting their Nexus 7 (2013) to a TV using the various slimport adapters. If you have been successful, please post here with details. Although it may work initially, it always eventually drops the signal."

Let's hope Blackberry has a better implementation than the Nexus 7.
    06-29-14 08:32 AM
    Oh dear.. You clearly didn't understood his post. Please, read once again the quote and then his post.

Posted via my Q10
    My bad :-|

Posted via CB10
    Katika99 likes this.
    06-29-14 08:45 AM
    Just a minor quibble but this phone is supposed to be a so called flagship or high end device why not put in 64 or 128 gigs of internal memory? Otherwise it has my attention.

Z30 and loving it!
    Woah that's a lot there i really doubt it will have that

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:52 AM
    Isn't Pirelli better then Ferrari?
    LCD is a display technology, LED is only an illumination technology. It's used for rear illumination of the LCD panel.

Maybe you thought of "OLED" o "AMOLED". Well, they are better because they are more efficient, but it's hard to get high DPI.
    And many don't like that under bright sun it's hard to see.
    I think it's clear that when someone talks about "LED" in terms of phone screens he actually means "OLED" as a display technology. Which isn't backlit LCD pixels but self-illuminated LED-pixels, no? So OLED is a display technology and a substitute to LCDs.
    06-29-14 10:01 AM
    I think it's clear that when someone talks about "LED" in terms of phone screens he actually means "OLED" as a display technology. Which isn't backlit LCD pixels but self-illuminated LED-pixels, no? So OLED is a display technology and a substitute to LCDs.
    You assume that everyone understand this...
    06-29-14 11:11 AM
    I personally prefer LCD screens over AMOLED. They maybe have no pure black, but are way better in when it comes to colors and more importantly - you can even see text in direct sunlight. Just compare q5, z10 vs q10, z30 in direct sunlight...
    06-29-14 11:56 AM
    OMW!! Totally remember the credit card sized SIM! *facepalm*

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-29-14 01:04 PM
    Woah that's a lot there i really doubt it will have that

Posted via CB10
    Lol 32gbs is plenty of space but my point was since this is BlackBerry's new flagship device the one with so called "monster specs" should it not also include a hefty internal memory capacity as well?

Z30 and loving it!
    06-29-14 02:26 PM
    everything is being supersized and superspecc'ed--except for paychecks....
    06-29-14 05:48 PM
91 1234