The specs are quite impressive for me. BlackBerry 10 must fly with this hardware.

I do not expect the price to be cheap though.
    08-23-14 01:12 AM
    OMG there are no stamps in my Passport? What was BlackBerry thinking? This is so outdated...
    08-23-14 01:39 AM
    I've found wireless charging to be a nice feature. I just set the phone on the wireless charger and it holds it in a vertical position. No issues with plugs or wires.

It would not keep me from purchasing, but I will miss it a lot.

That is if there is a Verizon version
    austriker likes this.
    08-23-14 09:34 AM
    For digital assistants, I urge everyone who works at BlackBerry (and Google and Apple) to take a look at Cortana on WP8.1 to see how this should be done. I'm not a fan of WP in general, although I sometimes dabble with a Nokia Lumia Icon, but the hands-free bluetooth implementation in my car is BRILLIANT. The phone auto-connects just like any other smartphone, but you can interact with new messages verbally, having them read to you, responding, ignoring, etc. Microsoft got this one right.
    08-23-14 02:15 PM
    For digital assistants, I urge everyone who works at BlackBerry (and Google and Apple) to take a look at Cortana on WP8.1 to see how this should be done. I'm not a fan of WP in general, although I sometimes dabble with a Nokia Lumia Icon, but the hands-free bluetooth implementation in my car is BRILLIANT. The phone auto-connects just like any other smartphone, but you can interact with new messages verbally, having them read to you, responding, ignoring, etc. Microsoft got this one right.
    BlackBerry assistant does this as well. I asked it to read me my messages. I then replied without touching the phone.

Posted via CB10
    rambo47 likes this.
    08-23-14 02:19 PM
    just download rad.io great radio app, problem solved !!!
    08-23-14 03:05 PM
    just download rad.io great radio app, problem solved !!!
    Some people don't get that for FM radio you don't need data connection. I often make bike tours where you have no cellular network available, or at least streaming doesn't work properly... FM radio is a nice feature. Period. They better should implement it. And even better they should implement FM transmitter...
    BaffTech and Mo Cat like this.
    08-23-14 04:05 PM
    FM radio on smartphone? Meh.

Different strokes. I wonder how many want this. If there is huge demand and BlackBerry market research missed it, then they screwed up.

It isn't important to me. Podcasts, Pandora, and XM make up the bulk of my audio content. AM/FM is a sliver.
    08-23-14 04:18 PM
    I wouldn't say it is "important" but FM radio does is indeed a good argue for a phone.

It doesn't cost a lot to include in a phone and it can be very useful for some. For sure there are plenty of apps that can let you access webradios and even FM ones but it consumes data and requires that you receive 2g, 3g or 4g. Now, every day, while going to work, I take the bus and for, let's say 2/3 of the trip, I don't have any connection better than edge which makes streaming music very hard. With the FM embedded in my Q10, I'm done and can enjoy some radio.

I won't say it's a showstopper but definitely I like the FM radio as a feature and I know many people feeling the same; many people that think most of our today smartphones are sometimes less smart than the old features phones that sell for 10 dollars and enable this simple feature... Blackberry was one of the last offering it, that's bad they decided to be like others in this point.
    Mo Cat likes this.
    08-23-14 04:24 PM
    I was getting so excited again reading through the specs until I got to NON-REMOVABLE battery. That just always brings me down.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    ^ I've got a post coming up for a rebuttal ... hope you get to read it.
    08-23-14 06:49 PM
    Non-removable battery bugs me a little, but I don't see it as a big deal.

Even though I have a spare battery for my Z10, I seldom have to use it. Likewise I always purchased spares for my previous BlackBerrys but seldom used them. But sounds like the Passport will have such a large capacity that "what if" is really not going to be a worry.

As far as reliability, I'm typing this on a PlayBook that I pre-ordered and started using the week they started shipping. No hardware issues, no battery issues.

Yes stuff happens, but I think BlackBerry has battery down. I think the odds are with us on this, not against us.
    08-23-14 07:02 PM
    Non-removable battery bugs me a little, but I don't see it as a big deal.

Even though I have a spare battery for my Z10, I seldom have to use it. Likewise I always purchased spares for my previous BlackBerrys but seldom used them. But sounds like the Passport will have such a large capacity that "what if" is really not going to be a worry.
    For me it's not so much of swapping in and out the battery regularly. It's those times where my battery dies and I still have to go out, have no time to charge, so I pop in the newly charged battery and off I go.

Most recently I've gotten an external battery pack so I just keep topping my battery up to prevent it from dying, but there still has been the off time I didn't want to bring an extra battery pack so I just swap it.
    08-23-14 07:12 PM
    I'm so glad there is 32gb internal memory. I don't like having both internal and scd cards.
    The only scd card I would want is like 5gb for a few larger files like a movie.

Anything more, and I don't feel like it is safe on those stupid cards. I much rather have all my eggs in one basket

Posted via CB10
    Imagine J walking or simply crossing the street from work for lunch or work function and your favourite BB drops out of your pocket. You're half way across the street when you realize what happened (say you jogged and it fell out). Now a car or truck runs over your BB10 device.

Any and ALL precious photos, media, voice notes, MMS video/recordings that you saved to MicroSD is safe and retrievable and unless encrypted USABLE on the replacement BB10 device. But with internal memory, once that board is damaged ... it's ALL GONE!!

And you like all your eggs in one basket?
    I hope you don't invest that way,
    I hope you don't only eat eggs,
    about the only situation where that works is with your wife and family ... and even then having more than one kid suggests you don't place your family continuance as an "all eggs in one basket" lol.
    austriker likes this.
    08-23-14 07:26 PM
    I use sugarsync and it keeps my media saved on my phone also backed up in the cloud. No worries.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 08:51 PM
    I use sugarsync and it keeps my media saved on my phone also backed up in the cloud. No worries.

Posted via CB10
    The same for me. Photos and videos are automatically backed up to my 50 GB of Box storage.
    08-24-14 03:40 AM
    Imagine J walking or simply crossing the street from work for lunch or work function and your favourite BB drops out of your pocket. You're half way across the street when you realize what happened (say you jogged and it fell out). Now a car or truck runs over your BB10 device.

Any and ALL precious photos, media, voice notes, MMS video/recordings that you saved to MicroSD is safe and retrievable and unless encrypted USABLE on the replacement BB10 device. But with internal memory, once that board is damaged ... it's ALL GONE!!

And you like all your eggs in one basket?
    I hope you don't invest that way,
    I hope you don't only eat eggs,
    about the only situation where that works is with your wife and family ... and even then having more than one kid suggests you don't place your family continuance as an "all eggs in one basket" lol.
    I use Box that has 10 GB free, combined with 2 GB from Dropbox I have more than enough for backup.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:58 AM
    I use Box that has 10 GB free, combined with 2 GB from Dropbox I have more than enough for backup.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if anyone is interested or if it's still available. I purchased office 365 and it provided me with 1 TB of One Drive storage! If you use office apps then it's a win win!! 1Tb is insane!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:41 AM
    Not sure if anyone is interested or if it's still available. I purchased office 365 and it provided me with 1 TB of One Drive storage! If you use office apps then it's a win win!! 1Tb is insane!

Posted via CB10
    OneDrive is an excellent solution if it works with BlackBerry. It's reliable, has a clean interface, and its easy to get cavernous storage capacity.
    jimpilot likes this.
    08-24-14 08:51 AM
    The same for me. Photos and videos are automatically backed up to my 50 GB of Box storage.
    How do you keep it sync ed? App or what does the auto backup?

Does Android super sync work on BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:34 AM
    There is an option in box down to sync pictures and videos.
    Passport specification-img_20140825_144010.png

Posted via CB10
    jimpilot likes this.
    08-25-14 07:41 AM
    There is an option in box down to sync pictures and videos.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140825_144010.png 
Views:	404 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	293407

Posted via CB10
    Great, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:40 AM
    Passport specification-photo.jpg
    I would like to see this mockup.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 09:19 AM
    I am making a wild guess that the ToF will be used to power the keyboad gestures. It would make sense to have a sensor detect the gastures rather than a matrix grid like the screen has.
    08-25-14 01:43 PM
73 123