So, the Special Assistant is supposed to add an entry to the contact list when connected to Bluetooth.

Doesn't happen for me.

I'm driving a 2012 Honda Civic.

When I hit the bluetooth button on the steering wheel it tells me that no voice tags are set-up in the system. When I try to create one, their is no entry for the Passport to create one.

If I hit the special assistant from my phone, an entry appears onscreen #BlackBerry Passport, but still nothing in my contact list.

Any help would be appreciated?
    11-17-14 02:34 PM
    What happens when you try the voice command: "Call BlackBerry Assistant?"
    11-17-14 04:08 PM
    That's the issue...I can't call it through the Bluetooth system...because i can't create a voice tag...because there is no entry in my contact list.

I have to initiate it from the device itself and then it's functional. Not great to do while driving.
    11-17-14 04:23 PM
    Check the contact list that your passport sends to your car. First contact alphabetically should be the assistant.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:12 PM
    I did....nothing there. That is the issue. It doesn't even load my entire contact list.

I'm beginning to believe it may be the contact app itself that is messed up.
    11-18-14 09:20 AM
    So, I found a work-around...

Yesterday, I got in the car and my phone dialed 999-555-1234. When I googled that number another thread came up indicating that this was the number that BlackBerry Assistant uses to contact the car's Bluetooth system.

I created an entry called 'BlackBerry Assistant', entered that number, stored a 'voice tag' in the bluetooth system and voila! It now works hands-free!
    Technomotive likes this.
    11-21-14 09:18 AM
    Weird, I remember seeing an option to turn it on somewhere but I can't find it now !

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 09:49 AM
    So, I found a work-around...

Yesterday, I got in the car and my phone dialed 999-555-1234. When I googled that number another thread came up indicating that this was the number that BlackBerry Assistant uses to contact the car's Bluetooth system.

I created an entry called 'BlackBerry Assistant', entered that number, stored a 'voice tag' in the bluetooth system and voila! It now works hands-free!
    @twirlyboy This has been driving me crazy as my Audi would not connect to the assistant as well no matter what I tried. Your work-around solution did the trick. THANKS!!
    05-26-15 04:04 PM