Hey guys.

I have a problem and i am not sure if this is a general Passport problem.
    I now have my third Passport and the speakers are rushing when i play an audio or video. You can hear it clearly when you lower the volume to 1 point.

I am asking if this is a general problem because my first Passport had exactly the same problem and i had to return it. Maybe you can try this at your Passport and tell me if anyone has the same problem, didnt read about it in the forums yet.

I am getting very disappointed because the second Passport also had an issue and i had to return it. So this would be the third passport not working without problems.

Greetings and sorry for my bad english,
    KarlAugust
    Last edited by KarlAugust; 12-08-14 at 11:14 AM.
    12-08-14 04:57 AM
    What is speakers rushing?
    12-08-14 05:41 AM
    A noise where better should be no noise?
    12-08-14 06:11 AM
    Sorry if i used the wrong word. The speakers are rustling, there is an acoustic noise.
    12-08-14 06:28 AM
    Karl, you mean on volume level 1 when playing music you can hear also hear some speaker crackling sound, otherwise known as "white noise"?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 06:40 AM
    Exactly. But its not only on volume 1, but you can hear it at 1 most clearly.
    12-08-14 06:47 AM
    My passport does it too. Does that mean mine is broken too? Maybe. Or maybe all passport phones do it?

It's unfortunately not an issue for me as l use either headphones or the speaker but at a much higher volume so I then don't hear the white noise.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 06:54 AM
    Z30 does the same, and if I remember my old Samsung Galaxy did also.

I guess it's not a manufacturing or design defect but it comes from the extreme complexity inherent in smartphones nowadays...
    Also, white noise is inherent in all audio systems, imagine when volume is so low and speakers are so small...

12-08-14 07:11 AM
    I just tried this and on the 1, I clearly (albeit softly) heard nothing but the piece of music playing.

I have very good hearing - better than average, despite my age - and heard no rustle or crackle.

Sorry OP. I couldn't replicate your problem.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-08-14 07:14 AM
    I have exact the same problem. You can hear a very loud rushing, if the speaker level on 1 or 2. Doesn't matter if you use the music app, audible app (android) or natron player (bb app). BUT, if I use headphones, I don't have rushing.

This is the reason, I changed my passport. But my second device has the same problem.

Is very annoying, if you hear audio books befor sleeping. you getting crazy. on the speaker level 1, 2 or 3, the rushing is louder than music or voice (audiobook).

any ideas?
    Last edited by funkytown99; 04-19-15 at 02:40 AM. Reason: white noise, rushing, passport, speaker
    04-19-15 02:35 AM
    Z30 does the same, and if I remember my old Samsung Galaxy did also.

I guess it's not a manufacturing or design defect but it comes from the extreme complexity inherent in smartphones nowadays...
    Also, white noise is inherent in all audio systems, imagine when volume is so low and speakers are so small...

I never have a problem like this before. For example. Samsong or iphone doesn't have rushing or noising, if the speaker level is low.
    04-19-15 02:50 AM
    All is quiet on this Passport. Did this sound develop over time or was it there fresh out of the box?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:51 AM
    All is quiet on this Passport. Did this sound develop over time or was it there fresh out of the box?

Posted via CB10
    No. It was fresh out of the box. Both devices!
    04-19-15 10:53 AM
    nobody any idea how can I solve this problem?
    04-23-15 03:26 PM