I am having a bizarre issue and would like to know if anyone else ever experienced something similar:

Passport se, whenever i unlock the screen the phones external speakers make a popping sound twice. Not one time, not three, always a popping sound twice. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this before?

Many thanks for any feedback

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 09:51 AM
    There may be any app that is handling this feature , i.e. the speaker. And whenever this app is running even in background, it will cause this. Try to un-install any app that may be the cause, and check whether the problem is solved.
    Hope it will be solved.
    04-06-16 10:13 AM
    At this point pretty much just stock apps and no change... any other suggestions?

Thank you for the feedback

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 02:12 AM
    Back it up, wipe it, try again. Don't restore yet. Sound still there? Download an autoloader and reload BlackBerry 10. Sound still there? Not too sure what else, perhaps some kind of strange hardware glitch. Hope you find a solution though! SE is a beautiful phone!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-07-16 02:34 AM
    Tried everything except the autoloader, will have a go at that tonight.

Any sugestions on what build to install? Seems the latest is full of problems...

Thanks for the feedback

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 02:43 AM
    No luck with anything i try... any other suggestions?

Retailer is offering to exchange this for a motorola nexus 6 as they probably wont even get any more passports in stock, might just take them up on the offer...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 02:41 AM
    It's a toasted equalizer. My Black Passport from launch day developed the double click sound first after one year of usage and then volume drop on bottom right loud speaker, then slight hissing sound on both speakers and finally loud screeching sound.

Replaced equalizer and speakers. Poor quality compared to original ones of my black passport. Sold it.

Bought a white passport. Loudspeakers on this one are at best 80% close to the original's loudness, quality and volume balance between right and left speaker. I dread the screeching and tick-tick noises coming back on this one
    04-08-16 06:40 AM
    Thats a bummer, so no software magic is gonna help anyway...

At least you got one year of use without issues, this one was like this since day one and the retailer has no units to replace.

Well i think im gonna take that nexus 6 they are offering which means my blackberry adventure has lasted no more than 4 weeks... shame

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 06:49 AM