04-14-15 09:15 PM
41 12
tools
    I received my passport yesterday from Amazon, but the one I got the spacebar is not clicky. Is it only mine or yours is also like that? Sometimes I don't even notice hitting it.

UPDATE: I received a new passport from Amazon and sure the new Passport spacebat is as clicky and the rest of the keys. I guessed the unit I received had a bad spacebar

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ldudiaz; 01-07-15 at 07:40 PM.
    01-01-15 07:29 PM
    Mine's the same as yours. Like you, I wondered at first if there was something wrong with my space bar but, reading through the forums, apparently not.

Seems that's the way it is. Thats my one and only gripe with the keyboard.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    01-01-15 07:42 PM
    Both my passports' spacebar clicks like the rest of the keyboard. I don tink the spacebar should be any different from the rest of the keys?
    01-01-15 08:49 PM
    My spacebar doesn't click like the rest of my keys. Not sure where to go from here.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 08:59 PM
    That's my only let down and I don't time as fast with the spacebar like that.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:05 PM
    Perhaps you have a defective spacebar? Assuming the spacebar works well?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    01-01-15 09:12 PM
    Mine clicks just like all the others...except the virtual keys they tick lol

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:15 PM
    Perhaps you have a defective spacebar? Assuming the spacebar works well?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    Yea the space works well its just not clickly. I got it from Amazon and when i got it the box was not sealed and the phone didn't have any plastic in the screen or the back and the back Camara had finger prints on it. I called Amazon and they sent another one no charge, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow hopefully the other one would have a clicky bar

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:23 PM
    Also the spacebar is sitting lower than the rest of the keys

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:25 PM
    Yup that's a known issue. I'm in the process of going through the painful exchange with BlackBerry.
    I also have the issue of light bleed on one side of keyboard. Kind of regret buying the red passport and selling my carrier issued black one. My black one was flawless.

Don't get me wrong it's an amazing phone. Just those couple of build issues. If I paid a lot less for this phone I may live with it. But for the price I paid I feel I should not have to deal with such build issues on a flagship phone.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    01-01-15 09:28 PM
    Yup that's a known issue. I'm in the process of going through the painful exchange with BlackBerry.
    I also have the issue of light bleed on one side of keyboard. Kind of regret buying the red passport and selling my carrier issued black one. My black one was flawless.

Don't get me wrong it's an amazing phone. Just those couple of build issues. If I paid a lot less for this phone I may live with it. But for the price I paid I feel I should not have to deal with such build issues on a flagship phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Specifically after thinking to buy it since it' first came out and when I finally decided to get it I'm not happy with it. I can't deal with the bar like that. It doesn't give me the confidence you get when typing with a physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:34 PM
    same here. THe space bar is working but it feels different

- Charles
    01-01-15 09:52 PM
    my space bar clicks exactly the same as the others
    01-01-15 09:58 PM
    Just got a brand new passport a couple days ago and I agree. The spacebar is the most stiff key on the phone. I found myself just pressing it with my phone locked just to loosen it up. It has helped a little. I'm big on messaging anyway so I'm sure I'll loosen the keys up in no time.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:58 PM
    yeah mines is like that but its too small. I wish it was larger. Im 2 months...love the display and everything but the keyboard touch is amazing the 3 rows ...is kinda lame .
    01-01-15 10:01 PM
    First thing I noticed when I got mine. I also found I had to press in the middle of the space bar or it would be a hard press. I found myself second guessing if it actually registered the press or not too. I returned it because of that. Ended up getting one during the coupongate fiasco and same thing. I figured I would just deal with it and then ended up selling it a little over a month later for a $100 loss... I guess by reading this thread it is still the same thing..... guess I'll hold out a bit longer to see if it gets fixed in the newer builds...if not then my Z30 will do.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 11:35 PM
    I received my passport yesterday from Amazon, but the one I got the spacebar is not clicky. Is it only mine or yours is also like that? Sometimes I don't even notice hitting it.

Posted via CB10
    Defective dome. You should get a replacement. Eventually the key will stop functioning. I had the exact same problem with one of my Passports and even posted a video here showing how the keys were not reacting properly when pressed after a while. In my case I believe that it was the K, L, N, and M keys, and to some degree the Backspace key.
    01-01-15 11:50 PM
    Finally something on my phone that is consistent with the other parts.

My space bar for now clicks like the rest

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 01:22 AM
    Yea the space works well its just not clickly. I got it from Amazon and when i got it the box was not sealed and the phone didn't have any plastic in the screen or the back and the back Camara had finger prints on it. I called Amazon and they sent another one no charge, I'm supposed to get it tomorrow hopefully the other one would have a clicky bar

Posted via CB10
    Someone had already used it, even abuse it. Amazon is good with accepting returns with no hassle, that's good.

Perhaps who ever sent it did not notice it was a open box!

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    01-02-15 06:36 AM
    Mine does not click with the same stiffness as other keys, which at first threw me off, but I have become accustomed to it now. I just assumed it was due to the design of the key being opposite of the others.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:39 AM
    Then again wouldn't the space bar be the most used key? Most likely the first to go silent at some point.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    01-02-15 08:44 AM
    It's issue mate and you should get a replacement. My first Passport had it (and volume down button too) but second is perfect.
    01-02-15 09:12 AM
    In the light of all these comments I've spoken to my carrier about this. We have agreed that I will take the phone to my local store when convenient and ask them to have a look at it. With a bit of luck (or maybe a lot of luck) they will have one in store which I can then compare mine with.

We will then take it from there. I dont see it as huge issue, more of an annoyance.

01-02-15 10:55 AM
    In the light of all these comments I've spoken to my carrier about this. We have agreed that I will take the phone to my local store when convenient and ask them to have a look at it. With a bit of luck (or maybe a lot of luck) they will have one in store which I can then compare mine with.

We will then take it from there. I dont see it as huge issue, more of an annoyance.

I had also compared with the store demo.... so that is 3 all the same....

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:49 AM
    It is not normal. Spacebar should be same as other keys. We all use it all the time.

By the way people in Mexican factory probably drink too much tequila.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 01:25 PM
41 12