06-07-15 03:40 AM
56 123
tools
    OP does not seem to be a shared statement by most. I for one use my Passport daily with my Bose Soundlink mini and I've never heard anything but wowes.

Maybe you'd want to give a test drive to some alternative brands/models ?
    Brainwavz Bluetooth Earphone Review - Wallet Friendly Wireless! ? Audiophile on (thats a sub $50 device)
    SpamHammer likes this.
    06-06-15 05:58 PM
    Oh, and check if any preamp settings on the players are too hot.
    06-06-15 07:51 PM
    It is curious that you would not be listening to your music through the built-in music app. Why reinvent the wheel?
    Is it really curious in the post-iTunes age that more and more people are using streaming services instead of the archaic and expensive method of purchasing or pirating songs individually?

I just can't understand why so many people here skip reading the original prompt and go "just use the default Music app". It's not even a partial solution.
    06-07-15 01:05 AM
    I have one theory, may not be it.

I recently purchased a pair of really crappy bluetooth speakers. Synched them up with my computer, and they sounded like garbage.

Turns out, my computer was recognizing them as a headset, and now speakers. After I changed the settings, they work well.

You said you were using a gaming headset, is it possible it's being recognized as a headset?

Keep in mind the amount of work that goes through having to output bluetooth sound through the android app, and then processing over to the BlackBerry part and outputting through there.

Somewhere along that process, something might be broken, a setting is off, and your headphones may not be getting recognized properly.

I also have a pair of headphones that work as a headset. However I put music on my memory stick and use the default music app, so I don't have issues.

Work Wide and Prosper
    SpamHammer likes this.
    06-07-15 03:03 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    06-07-15 03:06 AM
    I have one theory, may not be it.

I recently purchased a pair of really crappy bluetooth speakers. Synched them up with my computer, and they sounded like garbage.

Turns out, my computer was recognizing them as a headset, and now speakers. After I changed the settings, they work well.

You said you were using a gaming headset, is it possible it's being recognized as a headset?

Work Wide and Prosper
    No, I said I had used a pair of Bluetooth headphones but that I had also used a pair of Logitech gaming headphones to confirm if the issue is occurring merely over Bluetooth, or also over plugged in headphones.

But I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your input.

Do you know of any way to switch between the Bluetooth headset modes on the BlackBerry to test this?
    06-07-15 03:40 AM
56 123