Guys does it means BlackBerry passport can't run3rd party apps

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 10:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Passport can run apps (both native and android) but the android app capability is limited.
    01-04-19 11:14 AM
    As long as your apps are compatible with Android 4.3 and do not rely on Google services, they will probably work. Some app vendors provide them directly (e.g. Whatsapp), others through the Play Store (which can be installed if you search for Cobalt Play store bb10 and follow the instructions), other vendors provide services through their web page (Uber).

All of this is beyond what the phone already includes, like the hub, the browser etc, and BB10 apps.
    01-08-19 03:04 PM
    Yalp is now the recommended Google app store front end for BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-19 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    While I'd disagree with mh on using Yalp as a source of Android apps, the main point is correct Richard. Are you having any trouble with specific Android apps? I assume that you are able to download native BB10 apps from Blackberry World without issue....
    01-08-19 09:45 PM
    While I'd disagree with mh on using Yalp as a source of Android apps, the main point is correct Richard. Are you having any trouble with specific Android apps? I assume that you are able to download native BB10 apps from Blackberry World without issue....
    What is your recommended source of apps for people wishing to access the Android ecosystem on BB10 devices?
    01-08-19 09:48 PM
    What is your recommended source of apps for people wishing to access the Android ecosystem on BB10 devices?
    I think it's important to distinguish here between the Google Play store and Android apps in general. The former often doesn't have compatible apps for BB10 due to Android version incompatibility--which sometimes can be gotten around and sometimes can't be. However, I'd argue that for Google Play store access it's a tie between the official Google Play store using Cobalt's work and Yalp.

With that said, I recommend either Aptoide or APKPure--the former because it has curated stores that have confirmed BB10-compatible apps and the latter because you can easily download older versions much more likely to work with BB10 devices as needed.
    01-08-19 10:05 PM