After an excellent relationship with my Passport, my favourite BB to date (being a BB user since rollerball days) - i dropped it today and have smashed the screen really badly.

SO. I'm very excited about Priv. Expected a couple of month wait for bugs + price drop etc until i was going to purchase (as well as being in West Australia = expensive to order from US, no support locally) but now with an unusable device, i'm not sure how to proceed.

Fix?
    - Can't be done locally
    - Can't be used without doing it

Buy a Priv online
    - $1,500 Australian $$'s thanks ebay/amazon
    - Buggy first models
    - VERY excited to get one

Buy a second hand BB from someone locally (craigslist/gumtree)
    - Can't buy a BB in the stores here
    - $400... For a couple of months until Priv easily available
    - Could also buy another phone to play with for a couple of months.. I did this with iPhone/Samsung over the years and always ended up selling them. Not sure how people can live with such inefficient phones.
    Poi25 likes this.
    11-10-15 03:12 AM
    After an excellent relationship with my Passport, my favourite BB to date (being a BB user since rollerball days) - i dropped it today and have smashed the screen really badly.

SO. I'm very excited about Priv. Expected a couple of month wait for bugs + price drop etc until i was going to purchase (as well as being in West Australia = expensive to order from US, no support locally) but now with an unusable device, i'm not sure how to proceed.

Fix?
    - Can't be done locally
    - Can't be used without doing it

Buy a Priv online
    - $1,500 Australian $$'s thanks ebay/amazon
    - Buggy first models
    - VERY excited to get one

Buy a second hand BB from someone locally (craigslist/gumtree)
    - Can't buy a BB in the stores here
    - $400... For a couple of months until Priv easily available
    - Could also buy another phone to play with for a couple of months.. I did this with iPhone/Samsung over the years and always ended up selling them. Not sure how people can live with such inefficient phones.
    It is your money, only you can decide . 1500 is quite a bit of money for a phone, but a lot of stuff is more expensive there because of the exchange rate. Good luck!
    11-10-15 06:30 AM
    I played with the Prive this afternoon and it is really a sweet phone mate!
    Quality build and the OS is smooth and camera takes great pictures like this one of my Passport
    11-10-15 02:36 PM
    Telstra are announcing Priv this week somtime.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:32 PM
    Also from Oz. I'd suggest a brand spanking new Passport based on what you said. If you subscribe to the mutiple device workflow (Android/iOS phablets) then get a Priv when the price is reasonable. When the price gets decent, I see it as a replacement for my Samsung Tab S 8.4 and Lumia 1520 which I carry in my satchel bag.

The Priv on it's own just doesn't have the fundamental joys of the Classic and Passport. From all the forum posts on CB of late, there's the camp that understand the toolset of BB10 versus others who want the one device to do a bit of everything.

 Classic via CB
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 11-11-15 at 07:06 PM.
    11-11-15 01:35 AM