In several reviews I've seen the reviewer state that the passport is too slow for their tastes. I want to upgrade to a passport soon, and I'm not sure whether to believe it, or it is the result of their anti-bb bias.

I find the z30 to be quite fast, and I'd think that with 3gb of memory and a snapdragon 801, the passport should be faster

So is this thing actually slow? And if not why would the reviewers say that? Maybe they mean android apps are a bit slow compared to an android phone, but that should be expected

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:54 PM
    I just ordered mine today but jeez this thread should be interesting. I sure doubt/ hope not...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:56 PM
    Fast. If you are not coming from BlackBerry then expect power up to be slower. That's because more is happening. But most of the time you don't turn off your phone but put it sleep mode. So no issue there.

It loads apps quick. Really no lag to speak of.

Nicest device I have ever purchased.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:01 PM
    Its not slow at all obviously. But you see some reviewers are grasping at straws to find cons about the passport other then its size. You find generally dishonest things like considering transition animations as the OS being slow(even though the iphone has more transition animations etc), Hub "issues"(which most of the time are BS from a reviewer who didnt familiarize himself with the OS properly(cough cough Dan Sceifert cough cough), also they'll say things like its way behind in hardware(cough cough Joanna Stern cough cough)........we all know how accurate these dishonest "cons" are. ......

Is the passport "slow"?-passport-versus-iphone-6-specs.jpg

Wow Joanna the Passport is way behind those Ip6 specs......shes a very honest reviewer clearly...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Clanked; 10-03-14 at 11:19 PM.
    10-03-14 11:02 PM
    I have never seen someone say it was slow, just too big!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-03-14 11:22 PM
    Hogwash. Passport is snappy.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:35 PM
    Fastest blackberry of all time. Quicker response than my iPhone 5s.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:41 PM
    I think the review that OP is talking about was one that I saw regarding boot up time. I don't recall which it was.

With BB10, I think I've had to reboot maybe once every two weeks on average, if that. It's a complete non-issue, but definitely much slower boot up than either droids or iCrap.
    10-03-14 11:59 PM
    The boot time still takes long I don't know why.

Other than that, everything is very snappy.

Using Z30 and Z10
    10-04-14 12:07 AM
    Very happy with its performance! You really notice when you're multitasking that it stays crisp and fluid throughout. It still has the occasional bug or slowdown but overall excellent speed. You also notice it's speed in restarts and I find that you're able to use the device in less time (password screen loaded faster, hub loading and such). Keep in mind that it's still a blackberry and takes just a little bit longer to boot.

Android apps run a lot smoother too!

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    10-04-14 12:17 AM
    Much faster at real actions than an iphone 6. It's incredibly fast. I really do not know what these people are talking about. I get 300 emails a day, plus browsing, apps, and much more. The speed has never been an issue.

I agree with others - there's a desire to see BlackBerry fail. It's really unfortunate. That aside - you will not be disappointed with the speed!

Posted via CB10
    antonrr likes this.
    10-04-14 12:45 AM
    By slow, some people mean that some actions takes longer for them as they are not fully familiar with the OS. Passport is a really fast device.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:52 AM
    In several reviews I've seen the reviewer state that the passport is too slow for their tastes. I want to upgrade to a passport soon, and I'm not sure whether to believe it, or it is the result of their anti-bb bias.

I find the z30 to be quite fast, and I'd think that with 3gb of memory and a snapdragon 801, the passport should be faster

So is this thing actually slow? And if not why would the reviewers say that? Maybe they mean android apps are a bit slow compared to an android phone, but that should be expected

Posted via CB10
    its as slow as an f1 car at full speed ........................slow not a chance
    10-04-14 12:56 AM
    I try to stay away from those reviewers many need unbiased.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-04-14 12:58 AM
    I find it very fast compared to my Z30 - in fact, even the Android apps load quickly - I compared a few of the app load times with my Samsung Note 3 and in most cases surprisingly the load times are about the same. Out of maybe 10 apps that I tried side by side about half of them loaded at the same time and the half loaded no more than about 1/2 second longer on the PP so I'm really happy with the speed, screen & battery life. The only thing I'm still having a little issue with is getting use to the keyboard but getting better each day. Oh, and some of the little bugs that are on the 10.3.1052 leak for other BB10 devices are also on the PP except this O/S is official on the PP. LOL
    10-04-14 01:42 AM
    The boot time still takes long I don't know why.

Other than that, everything is very snappy.

Using Z30 and Z10
    Encrypting os and other stuff

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:48 AM
    Much faster at real actions than an iphone 6. It's incredibly fast. I really do not know what these people are talking about. I get 300 emails a day, plus browsing, apps, and much more. The speed has never been an issue.

I agree with others - there's a desire to see BlackBerry fail. It's really unfortunate. That aside - you will not be disappointed with the speed!

Posted via CB10
    Not even close the performance of IP6, sorry pal 32 bit cpu cannot match either the A7 or A8 and benchmark don't lie.
    iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Smashes Rival Smartphones In Benchmark Tests | Redmond Pie
    10-04-14 02:07 AM
    Not even close the performance of IP6, sorry pal 32 bit cpu cannot match either the A7 or A8 and benchmark don't lie.
    iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Smashes Rival Smartphones In Benchmark Tests | Redmond Pie
    How is this link relevant if the Passport isn't on the list?
    10-04-14 02:21 AM
    How is this link relevant if the Passport isn't on the list?
    Eh, it's kind of obvious the A8 will best the Passports S800. It's about a year old now, and should be best compared with the A7. The Snapdragon 800 is no slouch though.

BB10 running with a quad core processor will perform just as quick as an iPhone because it's very optimized (much like iOS).
    10-04-14 02:54 AM
    Slow isn't one of the words I would use to describe this thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:01 AM
    The passport is fast and I think the boot up time is actually faster then my z30 was. Great device for the money.
    10-04-14 03:04 AM
    Not sure what you are asking, to boot or start, yeah, painfully slow. Normal phone operating, quick as can be. Have seen moments of lag, a but nothing noticeable for most people. I would have no worries and would never call the Passport slow. I would go the other way and call it fast.
    10-04-14 03:18 AM
    Coming from a 5s I think this phone is plenty fast. The os is slick, apps load quickly, multitasking is seamless. It's met all my expectations aside from the odd app. Have to honestly say it's definitely one of the best phones out at the moment. Try it if you can you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:19 AM
    Eh, it's kind of obvious the A8 will best the Passports S800. It's about a year old now, and should be best compared with the A7. The Snapdragon 800 is no slouch though.

BB10 running with a quad core processor will perform just as quick as an iPhone because it's very optimized (much like iOS).
    The Passport has a Snapdragon 801 SoC which is only half a year old. It was announced in February this year.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:34 AM
    Passport is the fastest device I've used, period. Get your hands on one and see for yourself.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-04-14 04:23 AM
26 12