Never used a PKB before but the Passport SE looks so appealing.
    Should I go ahead with the Passport or wait for the slider?
    09-10-15 01:46 PM
    Either way I'd wait.... without knowing what will happen to BB10, not sure how smart an investment into a BB10 powered device would be right now.

But then if you know the risks and just can't wait.... why wait.
    09-10-15 02:02 PM
    Either way I'd wait.... without knowing what will happen to BB10, not sure how smart an investment into a BB10 powered device would be right now.

But then if you know the risks and just can't wait.... why wait.
    Wait... what do you mean? This is news to me.
    Will BB10 be discontinued/unsupported?
    09-10-15 02:28 PM
    If you like the silver edition passport then get it. Just because BlackBerry might make an android phone (not official yet) Doesn't mean that they will just stop support for bb10 or your bb10 phone will blow up once the slider is announced

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:57 PM
    If you like the silver edition passport then get it. Just because BlackBerry might make an android phone (not official yet) Doesn't mean that they will just stop support for bb10 or your bb10 phone will blow up once the slider is announced

Posted via CB10
    I'm more worried that I'll get the Passport, use it for 1-2 months and find that I like the newely released Slider more.
    09-10-15 03:00 PM
    I have the Z30 (amazing!) and now have the Passport Stainless Steel Silver Edition with BB10. The Passport is fantastic too. You may want to wait and see if the rumours are true that and Android version of the Passport comes out before deciding between it and the proposed Venice Slider, which may also have Android with the BlackBerry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 03:09 PM
    I have the Z30 (amazing!) and now have the Passport Stainless Steel Silver Edition with BB10. The Passport is fantastic too. You may want to wait and see if the rumours are true that and Android version of the Passport comes out before deciding between it and the proposed Venice Slider, which may also have Android with the BlackBerry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know that there might be a re-release of the Passport with Android. But I'm not really interested in Android though since I believe BB OS is more secure than Android.
    09-10-15 03:24 PM
    Get a passport now, you will not regret it. I changed over from a long time ios user, dont regret it at all. Best phone I've ever used and most unique.

Posted via Passport SE
    09-10-15 05:59 PM
    I'm kind of surprised that not one person has suggested to wait for the Slider yet.
    I guess Passport users really like their phones, I just don't know if it's the right phone for me.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-10-15 11:07 PM
    I don't have a passport but I switched to a z10 then a z30 from android and in totally happy. Not one regret

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:12 PM
    Personally, I've become less and less excited about the Slider as we hear nothing but more and more rumours, and now we pretty much are sure that it will be running Android. BlackBerry needs to officially announce this thing ASAP!!!

However, you should know that the Passport is an absolutely amazing device and it is not likely that you would be disappointed with it. Go find one in a store and play around on it. It's more of a hybrid keyboard than anything else and it's a perfect form for BB10 to run on. Like someone earlier said in this thread, it's not as if the current version will explode once the Slider comes out. Even if they stopped updating BB10 tomorrow, it's become a very optimised and quite stable OS and it will run perfect as is on the Passport for years to come.

If you think you may want the Slider more than just wait as no one can really tell you how good the Slider is yet. Though, we certainly all wish that we could!
    09-10-15 11:19 PM
    I would also vote to get a Passport. I love mine, and I don't know that I could go back to a regular, recantgular screen. This phone is the ultimate device for me. So good with the touch sensitive PKB.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:20 PM
    wait and see what all the hype is about,lol
    09-10-15 11:28 PM
    Personally, I've become less and less excited about the Slider as we hear nothing but more and more rumours, and now we pretty much are sure that it will be running Android. BlackBerry needs to officially announce this thing ASAP!!!

However, you should know that the Passport is an absolutely amazing device and it is not likely that you would be disappointed with it. Go find one in a store and play around on it. It's more of a hybrid keyboard than anything else and it's a perfect form for BB10 to run on. Like someone earlier said in this thread, it's not as if the current version will explode once the Slider comes out. Even if they stopped updating BB10 tomorrow, it's become a very optimised and quite stable OS and it will run perfect as is on the Passport for years to come.

If you think you may want the Slider more than just wait as no one can really tell you how good the Slider is yet. Though, we certainly all wish that we could!
    Where is this rumor that it will be Android? I thought it was likely that it would be 2 versions, BB10 or Android? Or am I behind on the news?
    09-10-15 11:52 PM
    I'm kind of surprised that not one person has suggested to wait for the Slider yet.
    I guess Passport users really like their phones, I just don't know if it's the right phone for me.
    Most of us are also avoiding android for data mining and security reasons.
    Therefore, the slider is a no-go for me.
    I had the Z10, and now I have a Z30 and a Passport, and I recently bought a Macbook 12 inch with retina display. In terms of productivity, editing files and email, the Passport beats the hell out of the others, including the Macbook.
    Typing on the Macbook causes cursor jumps.
    I don't use the Mac to read and edit emails. I use the Passport. Much better!
    09-11-15 03:09 AM
    Most of us are also avoiding android for data mining and security reasons.
    Therefore, the slider is a no-go for me.
    I had the Z10, and now I have a Z30 and a Passport, and I recently bought a Macbook 12 inch with retina display. In terms of productivity, editing files and email, the Passport beats the hell out of the others, including the Macbook.
    Typing on the Macbook causes cursor jumps.
    I don't use the Mac to read and edit emails. I use the Passport. Much better!
    Right, it's one of the reasons why I got a Z30 after using 5 different android phones.

It's just that the Passport is so big, I don't know how I can pocket it and carry it with my dress pants or outdoor activities. Form factor with the slider will be much better (for pockets anyways).

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:13 PM
    I didn't know that there might be a re-release of the Passport with Android. But I'm not really interested in Android though since I believe BB OS is more secure than Android.
    Yes, there are rumours and some photos circulating showing a Passport running Android, but there have been no confirmations.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 04:20 PM
    The quote that recently came out from the company people is that the Avenger will be a secured android but the Passport will remain BB10. Therefore, get the SE.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:25 PM
    The quote that recently came out from the company people is that the Avenger will be a secured android but the Passport will remain BB10. Therefore, get the SE.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting... but maybe secured android is good enough?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:40 PM
    Where do you live? If you have the chance to go to a store and see it yourself I definitely would recommend you to do so... the device is not for everyone but you will be surprise about the pocket dilemma you are having...

Right, it's one of the reasons why I got a Z30 after using 5 different android phones.

It's just that the Passport is so big, I don't know how I can pocket it and carry it with my dress pants or outdoor activities. Form factor with the slider will be much better (for pockets anyways).

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:45 PM
    A BlackBerry powered by android is like a Mercedes running on a toyota engine.

 BlackBerry� | CLASSIC - the best of BlackBerry
    09-11-15 11:04 PM
    Will BlackBerry deliver it's promise on time?

Posted via Classic
    09-12-15 01:30 AM
    All BlackBerry users like their phones so much that they never wanna leave them. But at the same time, most of the BlackBerry users like to own other BlackBerry devices as well.

That's the kind of love/ addiction the users have for BlackBerry devices.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-12-15 01:35 AM
    Interesting... but maybe secured android is good enough?

Posted via CB10
    Secure android is an oxymoron.
    09-12-15 02:04 AM
    "Return of the Jedi" or "The Force Awakens"?

Sure, some people will confidently answer 'Jedi' but the truth is that there is not enough information available to give a fair answer.

This thread is like the PlayBook... ahead of its time.
    09-13-15 03:35 PM
26 12