Never really thought about it until today after seeing my friends iphone.

But has anyone realized the Passport UI or OS is like a combination of iphone, Android, and Windows all put together in one? With a few extra tweaks to them. Plus a few original things from BlackBerry.
    03-28-16 08:25 PM
    We are all the same but different.
    03-28-16 08:36 PM
    Never really thought about it until today after seeing my friends iphone.

But has anyone realized the Passport UI or OS is like a combination of iphone, Android, and Windows all put together in one? With a few extra tweaks to them. Plus a few original things from BlackBerry.
    That's because they are lifting ideas from BB10 ;-)

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    03-28-16 08:45 PM
    I never tried Windows Phones or iPhones but there are only that many ways for an OS to work...at some point there is going to be coincidental duplication.
    03-28-16 09:11 PM
    They are all similar in terms of sending messages, calling, access to internet, viewing of most commonly document format, taking pictures, watching movies, music listening, etc... what makes them different from one another is in the user's perspective...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 11:31 PM
    Functionality makes a bigger difference.
    I liked the BB 10 OS and Passport Device, up until it wouldn't read my text messages over BT.
    Then I started reading reviews for apps in BB World and the value fell out. Worse app reviews than Windows Phone apps. And then, allowing for the installation of Android apps, but not allowing full compatibility, broke it all and I couldn't keep it.
    Windows Phone hits all of my functionality points, but lacks in popular apps.
    Android is the understudy of Windows Mobile that left out on its own and succeeded well beyond expectations.
    Windows Phone used to be more stable than Android but since WP10 I cannot say that anymore.
    IOS is the "Me Too" (came after Windows Mobile and Android) with a large status symbol driven fan base, and then that all important Developer support that brings in users looking for "the best apps".
    I have no in depth experience with IOS, nor the interest enough. But I do have a space if the right deal were to come along, I would welcome the opportunity to try it out as a daily driver, because I recognize the "value".
    03-29-16 01:28 AM
    Most OS copy ideas from each other. People also acquire certain expectations of how things should work, so all systems then have to comply with people's expectations (regardless of what the maker 'wants' to do) or else people will find their system difficult to use. This provides significant incentive for any successful innovation to be copied by all other manufacturers.

I like the BB10 UI, but I also like iOS and windows. At the end of the day, they all do the same thing in different ways.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-29-16 04:58 AM
    Functionality makes a bigger difference.
    I liked the BB 10 OS and Passport Device, up until it wouldn't read my text messages over BT.
    Then I started reading reviews for apps in BB World and the value fell out. Worse app reviews than Windows Phone apps. And then, allowing for the installation of Android apps, but not allowing full compatibility, broke it all and I couldn't keep it.
    Windows Phone hits all of my functionality points, but lacks in popular apps.
    Android is the understudy of Windows Mobile that left out on its own and succeeded well beyond expectations.
    Windows Phone used to be more stable than Android but since WP10 I cannot say that anymore.
    IOS is the "Me Too" (came after Windows Mobile and Android) with a large status symbol driven fan base, and then that all important Developer support that brings in users looking for "the best apps".
    I have no in depth experience with IOS, nor the interest enough. But I do have a space if the right deal were to come along, I would welcome the opportunity to try it out as a daily driver, because I recognize the "value".
    I'd agree with a lot of what you said except the iOS and Android comment. Originally Android was nearly a carbon copy of Blackberry's OS until the iPhone was released. It was only after its release that it was turned into a touch based UI similar to what iOS is.
    03-29-16 07:28 AM
    I'd agree with a lot of what you said except the iOS and Android comment. Originally Android was nearly a carbon copy of Blackberry's OS until the iPhone was released. It was only after its release that it was turned into a touch based UI similar to what iOS is.
    I didn't choose BB back in the beginning because Windows Mobile(5.0) was more capable.
    I didn't get an Android til the 3rd version(1.6) so I don't know what it looked like at first, but my impression was a less polished version of WinMo, but just as capable.
    Palm was my other choice, at the time, but like BB, it had less functionality than WinMo.
    03-29-16 08:50 AM