Hi guys,

I was thinking about to buy a passport with the famous Sim-Card issue. The idea was that these phones normally are really cheap and there are existing many of them here in the WWW, then repair it and

The thing which I want to ask is if you guys do know anything about this issue. There are existing a lot of posts here but without any solution. Do you guys know if it is normally a hardware bug on the logic board or is it done with just replacing the sim card holder? I should be easy to replace and solder it with a hot air station.

01-16-18 04:34 AM
    I think you'll have to buy some to see.... but expect causes will vary. Most of the post I've seen, users were able to reload the OS. Expect some that didn't find that a solution, had a hardware issue too.

If you can buy 20 phones really cheap and fix at least 15 of them and double your money... might be worth it. But with BB10 becoming less and less useful, not sure how quickly the value of a Passport might drop in the coming months.
    01-16-18 08:14 AM
    i fixed mine by scraping off some extra gold flakes that had accumulated on the sim slot. it wasnt obvious though. others claimed a different issue.

Posted via CBX
    01-16-18 08:55 AM