So accidents happens. Phone fell out of back pocket when sitting down face first on to concrete patio.

BlackBerry will only do an exchange @ $400!

If I was smart and paid for insurance it would be repaired or exchanged but deductible on passport is $150.

So in the drawer you go till parts are available on line.

So hold on tight to your silver guys and gals.

I'm the meantime picked up a leap as back up.
    Passport SILVER Parts NOT Available!!-img_20150927_111339.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 01:37 PM
    Wow, so sorry. I thought we would be safe with the gorilla glass?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 02:02 PM
    The gorilla glass that has 'tempered glass screen protector' is safer...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 02:19 PM
    That sucks man, soorry to hear.

I just broke the screen on my red passport this week, called BlackBerry & they said $250 for it though. I'm located in Toronto Canada, wonder why it's almost double for the SE...

Just got mine fixed at a repair shop that had the screen for $180, hope you can get yours fixed soon also!
    Passport SILVER Parts NOT Available!!-img_20150925_195023-1-.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-27-15 03:03 PM
    I'm in Toronto too. It is exchange the whole phone for $400! Not a repair.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:35 PM
    I'm in Toronto too. It is exchange the whole phone for $400! Not a repair.

Posted via CB10
    They won't repair it? That's ridiculous. What they worked out with me was $250 with a 2 week turn around, but I could put a deposit of $599 down to get a loaner Passport while mine is gone. Weird that they don't offer that on the SE. Either way I wasn't going for the loaner, I had a Q10.

Call Gamerama http://m.yelp.ca/biz/gamerama-video-games-toronto

They're the guys who fixed my phone & it was a 4 hour turn around.

I don't know if they would have the part, but to be honest, it's worth a shot.. they're the most reputable place I could find in Toronto, they also offer a 90 day warranty.

09-27-15 04:06 PM
    Told no longer do repairs unless warranty or covered under Care Plan.

Sent email to etrade for ETA of availability.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 04:14 PM
    What kind of people charge for big money for phones & will not sell the parts? Sickening...

Bumpkin
    09-27-15 04:45 PM
    It is sickening. Parts should be available to repair shops from day one! If BlackBerry does not wan to be in the non warranty biz.

The experience has left me a little Sour on BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 05:01 PM
    R assured BlackBerry does not care a whit for its customers... JC must have some huge golden parachute !!
    09-27-15 05:03 PM
    R assured BlackBerry does not care a whit for its customers... JC must have some huge golden parachute !!
    They've always been great to me. I just didn't want to part ways from my passport for two weeks, even if I was getting a replacement because of the data transfer thing.

Call them back.. I literally called Friday night when I was quoted, not months ago. You probably got a bad service rep. I told them I wasn't sure & they marked my case pending & even told me that they will call me Sunday/Monday to make sure I sorted it out. Behold, today they callde me.

I think it's shotty service no doubt, but don't diss the company as a whole, they are in fact there.

Just call back OP.

09-27-15 05:39 PM
    They've always been great to me. I just didn't want to part ways from my passport for two weeks, even if I was getting a replacement because of the data transfer thing.

Call them back.. I literally called Friday night when I was quoted, not months ago. You probably got a bad service rep. I told them I wasn't sure & they marked my case pending & even told me that they will call me Sunday/Monday to make sure I sorted it out. Behold, today they callde me.

I think it's shotty service no doubt, but don't diss the company as a whole, they are in fact there.

Just call back OP.

Maybe he called some other department or store. Who did you call?
    09-27-15 06:51 PM
    Maybe he called some other department or store. Who did you call?
    He said it's a $400 exchange from BlackBerry, so I assumed he called BlackBerry.

It's only available in Canada through BlackBerry also, so again, I guessed BlackBerry.

You could be right though.

09-27-15 07:11 PM
    What kind of people charge for big money for phones & will not sell the parts? Sickening...

Bumpkin
    What are you taking about? Sell the parts? No company offers direct access to replacement parts for their devices. You always have to order from a place like 'ETrade Supply'. You make it sound like there are device manufacturers who sell spare parts, when none do. Apple doesn't. Samsung doesn't. BlackBerry doesn't. Right after a BlackBerry is released, no place has spare parts for up to months. The SE is a specially ordered device and it may never have parts available from anybody.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    09-28-15 02:07 AM
    Werd
    Last edited by buckwylder; 09-28-15 at 02:35 AM.
    09-28-15 02:09 AM
    So...UPDATE..called back and went through the hoops again.

This time rep said place of purchase? BlackBerry direct. Blackberry? YES EPP purchase. Hold please.

Sending out a box to RMA. If not warranty then we will contact with repair options.

Had the return box Friday and they received it back today. So we shall see.....

The communication and follow up has been excellent though so far.

Unlike disaster digital river that I just cancelled an order due to order in limbo and no email replies.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:28 AM
    I have purchased spare parts directly from sony, Toshiba, IBM, lenovo, dell, hp, etc. in the past ...DIRECTLY...

What are you taking about? Sell the parts? No company offers direct access to replacement parts for their devices. You always have to order from a place like 'ETrade Supply'. You make it sound like there are device manufacturers who sell spare parts, when none do. Apple doesn't. Samsung doesn't. BlackBerry doesn't. Right after a BlackBerry is released, no place has spare parts for up to months. The SE is a specially ordered device and it may never have parts available from anybody.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 12:18 PM
    Who cares?

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    10-06-15 12:41 PM
    The Passport SE is too new. Spare parts won't be showing up for a while. And it's only now that shops are getting parts for the OG Passports.
    10-06-15 01:02 PM
    I have purchased spare parts directly from sony, Toshiba, IBM, lenovo, dell, hp, etc. in the past ...DIRECTLY...
    I do believe he is talking about handheld device and you are talking about laptops.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:22 PM
    I do believe he is talking about handheld device and you are talking about laptops.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but in the case of my HP, Palm, Motorola, Samsung, & some other handheld devices, I bought parts directly (pieces and I well as accessories) directly. That being not so recent...
    10-06-15 01:27 PM
    What about this?

https://www.ubreakifix.com/smartphon...assport-repair

So accidents happens. Phone fell out of back pocket when sitting down face first on to concrete patio.

BlackBerry will only do an exchange @ $400!

If I was smart and paid for insurance it would be repaired or exchanged but deductible on passport is $150.

So in the drawer you go till parts are available on line.

So hold on tight to your silver guys and gals.

I'm the meantime picked up a leap as back up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150927_111339.jpg 
Views:	1534 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	373339

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:38 PM
    It's a newer, cosmetic rehash of an already niche device. You're likely to be screwed on parts and accessories for a long, long time...
    10-06-15 03:43 PM
    The Passport SE is too new. Spare parts won't be showing up for a while. And it's only now that shops are getting parts for the OG Passports.

 Passport Silver Edition�
    10-06-15 04:14 PM
     Passport Silver Edition�
    Still nothing

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 02:57 PM
30 12