Good day Crackberry from Miami!
    Counting the days to hopefully obtain the BB PP SE. Overall how is the GPS function on the BB PP?
    I have a LG G2 and it is really good and effortless.

Should I have any concerns if/when I switch back to BB?????

Thanks
    09-04-15 08:02 AM
    I have used the BlackBerry GPS on my Passport OG and now SE. Works great. With any GPS program there are areas with better and worse coverage.

You have to be careful with the case you use (if you use one). I found that with my high end Noreve Wallet case the Passport GPS did not function well. So, when using GPS, I removed it from the case.

The simpler leather wallet blackberry SE case is thinner and does not interfere with GPS functioning.

You will like the Passport SE. Great keyboard. Very good signal pickup. I think it's operation is a bit smoother than the Passport OG.

Posted via CB10
    dogger222 likes this.
    09-04-15 09:40 AM
    Crackberry Addict, thanks for the reply. Any major difference with Google Maps verse BB Maps. Anything to be concerned with??
    09-04-15 10:35 AM
    Plenty of major differences the biggest being no alternate directions for non-auto travel (no public transit integration either). It is excellent for in-car navigation though, and you can always install google maps if you need it.
    09-04-15 10:46 AM
    The BlackBerry maps is very basic and extremely easy to use as a GPS. It gets the job done and I prefer to use it for navigation over gmaps.

Regardless, you can still install Google maps on BlackBerry 10 and get full functionality (check the forums)
    T
    09-04-15 11:01 AM