08-16-15 03:47 AM
26 12
tools
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=100&v=4jRI7fHUZoc

Hey guys,

So, I was on vacation and I couldn't watch videos on the Internet. Today I watched this one which is the official Unboxing video of the Silver Edition Passport and... I don't know what to say, I haven't seen such an unprofessional video, she drops the phone and the charger, her nails are distracting... I don't think I have to continue.

I was wondering what do you think about it? I think it really gives the impression that blackberry doesn't have any interest in selling this phone, honestly. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    08-14-15 03:46 PM
    It would have been worth hiring a hand model, or at least spring for a manicure

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-14-15 04:09 PM
    What's with the green fingernails?

Posted from CB10
    08-14-15 04:45 PM
    Women often wear any myriad of colours on our nails. Shocking, I know. Why I even have royal blue, yellow, mint green, emerald green...

Is it really that shocking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-14-15 04:49 PM
    Women often wear any myriad of colours on our nails. Shocking, I know. Why I even have royal blue, yellow, mint green, emerald green...

Is it really that shocking?

The nails are just another point on my post, don't just focus on that point

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 05:01 PM
    I don't know what to say, I haven't seen such an unprofessional video, she drops the phone and the charger, her nails are distracting... I don't think I have to continue.

I was wondering what do you think about it? I think it really gives the impression that blackberry doesn't have any interest in selling this phone, honestly. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. Like someone at WalMart showing you how to unwrap a doll. Awful.
    08-14-15 05:04 PM
    Despite the flaws, it gives the appearance of an everyday user could make said video. Versus a staged setup video...
    08-14-15 06:11 PM
    The nails are just another point on my post, don't just focus on that point

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't so much you, there was another poster who seems to feel the choice of polish colour makes her a 'walmart' class presenter, which is... Troubling.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    08-14-15 06:27 PM
    Aside from dropping the power adapter, I found it to be alright. Yea, it was like what anyone else could have made but not done poorly imho. I think BlackBerry is in such critical view and that if any other phone company did these things that they'd be seen as cool..

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 06:53 PM
    I don't think the term "walmart" was needed. Tacky would have been a better choice.

The OP point was the video is terrible, the device however, is fantastic.

Posted via CB10 using a white Passport, from Texas
    08-14-15 06:55 PM
    It saddens me that BlackBerry would allow such a video to bear its name. At first, I thought it was only a layperson putting up her unboxing video on Youtube. Then I noticed the BlackBerry logo on the bottom left and then at the conclusion of the video, I noticed it was an official BlackBerry video. As I am quite a loyal user of BlackBerry products, I can overlook the unprofessional video which is so unbecoming of BlackBerry. However, if BlackBerry is still harboring hopes of maintaining its hardware business, this cheap-looking production will certainly not be attracting anyone from other platforms to jump over to BlackBerry.

The lighting is quite bad. You can see the reflection of lights. The surface of the "table" used looks like one of those portable folding tables one brings to a picnic or the portable kids' table when you have a huge family dinner at home. The "star" of the video speaks too fast at portions of the video and swallows her words. I cannot understand what she is saying at various points in the video.

Bottom line - the video does not exude class. Even if BlackBerry is no longer the behemoth that it used to be, it still is, in my opinion, an upscale company. Upscale companies have class. This video does not. Yet it bears the BlackBerry name and logo.
    08-14-15 07:19 PM
    Funny the things we'll quibble about now...
    08-14-15 07:20 PM
    Here's what I tweet about it. Passport Silver Edition Unboxing Video-img_20150815_110528.jpg
    08-14-15 11:08 PM
    Why does she say "it comes with 10.2.2... Wtf is wrong with her

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 11:23 PM
    I don't think it was as bad as the OP says but everybody is entitled to an opinion,:-)
    08-14-15 11:37 PM
    Funny the things we'll quibble about now...
    And there's that other point...she actually works for BlackBerry and most on the thread complaining only wished they worked for BB.

Heh.

I deal with it daily, men who walk in and completely ignore me to ask a male staffer a question. I've had men say to my face that they can't believe someone made a woman a manager of an electronics store...imagine their distress when I prove to have more knowledge in my pinky than they have in their chauvinistic bodies. That was the undertone I got from a couple of the posts here, hence my post.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get ready for work. I think at lunch I'll pop over to Shopper's and see if I can colour match that nail polish at the Essie display. I quite like it.

08-15-15 06:27 AM
    So now we are all sexist?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 06:49 AM
    So now we are all sexist?

Posted via CB10
    Not me...
    08-15-15 09:35 AM
    And there's that other point...she actually works for BlackBerry and most on the thread complaining only wished they worked for BB.

Heh.

I deal with it daily, men who walk in and completely ignore me to ask a male staffer a question. I've had men say to my face that they can't believe someone made a woman a manager of an electronics store...imagine their distress when I prove to have more knowledge in my pinky than they have in their chauvinistic bodies. That was the undertone I got from a couple of the posts here, hence my post.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get ready for work. I think at lunch I'll pop over to Shopper's and see if I can colour match that nail polish at the Essie display. I quite like it.

LMAO about what you'll be doing at lunchtime...
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-15-15 09:37 AM
    Not me...
    It was a rhetorical question. Saying that green nail Polish is distracting is not sexist. Saying that BlackBerry should have hired a hand model for their official unboxing vid isn't sexist. Making an analogy to this video being like someone from walmart unwrapping a doll isn't sexist. Being trolled by someone who has an obvious chip on their shoulder and being accused of chauvinist undertones is the most sexist comment in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 10:03 AM
    It was a rhetorical question. Saying that green nail Polish is distracting is not sexist. Saying that BlackBerry should have hired a hand model for their official unboxing vid isn't sexist. Making an analogy to this video being like someone from walmart unwrapping a doll isn't sexist. Being trolled by someone who has an obvious chip on their shoulder and being accused of chauvinist undertones is the most sexist comment in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I get it. I was merely 'extending' the ongoing convention in said forum...
    08-15-15 10:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    If I was talking about you, you'd have a point. However I fail to see how the colour of nail polish somehow affects the outcome of a video. Nothing in that video was 'amateur' but there was a definite undertone - if it was a man would you complain that his dry nails were distracting?

08-15-15 03:50 PM
    I'd rather see them make a nice commercial-like video. The pictures on the BlackBerry website are beautiful, they should've shot a video while they were at it. I'd rather watch an unboxing video of someone who just received the package at home with all excitement. I remember this dude sipping whiskey and cutting the seal with a big *** knife of his Passport OG box. Best unboxing video ever!

And I disagree, it wasn't that bad. She dropped the charger, big deal. And the nail polish part? I like bright colors nail polish on girls, especially when they wear something matching. It's stylish =)

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 04:02 PM
    Sorry, I don't agree with the criticism. Minor mistakes in a video are much more realistic than some staged unboxing from my point of view. And it's great to have a young woman doing the video. I'm used to seeing young women with green nails using iPhones so it's nice to see those green nails showing off a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 04:10 PM
    If I was talking about you, you'd have a point. However I fail to see how the colour of nail polish somehow affects the outcome of a video. Nothing in that video was 'amateur' but there was a definite undertone - if it was a man would you complain that his dry nails were distracting?

I said it would be worth hiring a hand model or spring for a manicure at the least. That comment is not gender specific.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 06:07 PM
26 12