Specially the t-mobile version, which is sqw-100-4. I see them selling second hand for more then $300., which is more than most later model BlackBerry Android devices. I guess the owners know what they are holding.

I bought mine for $400 a bit more than a years, and I am still so pleased with it. Most folks I know can't understand why.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 09:06 PM
    I also have the 100-4 version and am very pleased with it. A year ago, I had replaced it with a Galaxy S7 Edge. I was happy with it (especially the camera). Then, I dropped it and shattered it.

I went back to the Passport SE and I didn't realize what a productive phone it really is. Although I need to forego some social network apps, the Passport SE as a work phone is still unparalleled IMHO.

I decided to not buy a new phone and will stick with the Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 11:24 PM
    I often wonder if BlackBerry could manufacture more of these at a profit. I know, I know. It's dead, it's dead, it's dead.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 11:32 PM
    Probably not. Even if people are buying then, I'd wager some of the parts are EOL. Especially the processor. Fab capacity is tight where they are made so they likely want to make more of the newer stuff than the old ones.
    What typically happens is they don't really EOL the parts but they start by not recommending it for new designs then they jack up the price so it costs more than the new parts to force people to stop using it.
    09-24-17 12:11 AM
    At this point Passport and Priv are some sort of collector's items, so the price is not dropping that fast. Also they get the job done, even with the shortcomings of BB10.
    09-25-17 06:29 PM
    I think with patience you can find a good Ebay price.
    09-25-17 06:54 PM
    There are less than 50 new available on ebay. The only reason they are not $800 each is 100 % app availability.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    09-26-17 09:08 AM
    There are less than 50 new available on ebay. The only reason they are not $800 each is 100 % app availability.

That's a pretty big reason.
    09-26-17 10:24 AM
    It's still a lame reason no matter the size.

09-26-17 08:24 PM

It's not lame for all but a handful of people.
    glwerry likes this.
    09-26-17 08:31 PM
    Hey, where can I buy the SE? I see there's a USD 200 deal everywhere for the black version, but can't see nothing similar for the SE.
    09-27-17 09:37 AM

Well, I went to a PRIV because I simply could not get an application that was critical to me working on BB10.

Sneer if you will, but apps can be really crucial.

That's why I drive a gas-guzzling v8 truck instead of a fuel-efficient car: I have a travel trailer to haul, wood to haul for heating and terrible roads. So, I may get slagged for not having an electric car or something fuel efficient, but the needs of my life dictate otherwise.
    09-27-17 10:15 AM