The screen brightness was a major issue on the Q10. It was simply way too bright at its dimmest setting. The SE Passport is similarly way to bright at its dimmest setting. This isn't about general brightness in sunlight, as I believe that has improved. But not having a dim setting for the screen is pretty obnoxious; my SE was lighting up the whole bedroom at night. I may sound crazy, but it's a major consideration for me when using any lcd screen.

Posted via CB10
    Umm..okay that's where you lost me. The Q10 definitely had a darker "darkest" screen than even the OG Passport. In fact, about the only thing I miss about my Q10 is how the clock was just barely illuminated in bedside mode. On the Passport, the whole screen has sort of a glow to it.

Dude, if the Q10 screen was too bright for you, wow.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 08:57 AM
    Umm..okay that's where you lost me. The Q10 definitely had a darker "darkest" screen than even the OG Passport. In fact, about the only thing I miss about my Q10 is how the clock was just barely illuminated in bedside mode. On the Passport, the whole screen has sort of a glow to it.

Dude, if the Q10 screen was too bright for you, wow.

Posted via CB10
    That's completely untrue. I have a Q10 right here beside my OG Passport. The difference is night and day at the dimmest setting. This is a famous issue with the OLED screen used in the Q10. Bright when dim and dim when bright.

You're thinking of blacks which are inky on an OLED screen for obvious reasons (they're not illuminated). That doesn't apply to the whole spectrum.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 07:16 PM
    but fall in love with the design on the frame of the original Passport. It is firm and it is beautiful. See the attached picture for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    And the sharp edges, lovely. The OG won a red dot award for design.
    Last edited by Tessoro Desoto; 08-23-15 at 06:20 PM.
    08-19-15 09:05 PM
    What exactly you want to prove with this silly post OP. I loved my original Passport for 10 months I used it and now love my SE even more.

Take your bash someplace else please and don't brainwash people who were inclined to get the SE and won't do it now just coz of this post. How silly of people actually. Not your fault.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:28 PM
    What exactly you want to prove with this silly post OP. I loved my original Passport for 10 months I used it and now love my SE even more.

Take your bash someplace else please and don't brainwash people who were inclined to get the SE and won't do it now just coz of this post. How silly of people actually. Not your fault.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 07:54 AM
    The paint of the Z30 (silver chin) is still good after almost 2 years

So don't worry , or just worried if you use a keychain or screwdriver in your pocket it could be scratch your phone, duh it wil also happen with an iphone or Samsung, I say beaware what is in your pockets :and it will be al fine.
    08-21-15 11:50 AM
    On the back right side of the textured back, the right middle edge makes noises just pressing lightly with it. Does anyone else have this? Kind of annoys me. Should I ask for a replacement?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:26 PM
    The paint of the Z30 (silver chin) is still good after almost 2 years

So don't worry , or just worried if you use a keychain or screwdriver in your pocket it could be scratch your phone, duh it wil also happen with an iphone or Samsung, I say beaware what is in your pockets :and it will be al fine.
    Yup. For those with the Silver Edition Passport I wouldn't be too concerned about the painted plastic. I had a Z30 on Verizon that my sister is now using (at least a year now) and she's pretty rough and there aren't any issues with the paint chipping. Just be nice to the device :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:55 AM
    On the back right side of the textured back, the right middle edge makes noises just pressing lightly with it. Does anyone else have this? Kind of annoys me. Should I ask for a replacement?

Posted via CB10
    That's a personal decision. Often those creaks will go away on BBs as the plastic wears. If it's really tormenting you or if it's loud then exchange it.
    08-23-15 12:51 PM
    My first SE (now on my third) had that same issue

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 06:07 AM
    I spent 50k on a Volvo XC 60 and when my daughter got her L the Damn magnetic sign wouldn't stick to any part of the back end of the vehicle. The whole thing seems to be made of non metallic material. Had to use velcro tape. And you think the Passport having plastic parts is a problem?

Hell most of the entertainment stars now have plastic faces, lips , books and butts.

Posted via CB10
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    08-24-15 06:20 AM
    hieupham thanks for the post,
    very interesting

Have my silver on the way and personally love the design

would be great if it were all stainless steel though
    08-24-15 06:38 AM
    Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 01:58 AM
    Not at all, the plastic is there to break up the antenna and improve performance, and to my mind reduce a little weight. The parts that your hand is in constant contact are predominantly metal, and overall has a very premium feel. It's a great evolution of the original passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 02:22 AM
    The UI of the Silver Passport could have had its own personal modifications, for instance a smaller phone number pad, clock and such.
    Also instead of swyping up to unlock it would have been nice to unlock witg the space bar?
    Also still missing the Quicklaunch app which Ibought for the Curve 8520, where more specific shortcuts could have been added, for instance a shortcut to stopwatch or certain playlist..
    I think its time for a more secure then other phones finger password, instead of the cool but just to slow Picture Password..I have some awesome solutions for this, how can I come in touch with BlackBerrys design team?
    By the way apologies if the passport already has some of the above options, still saving up to get mine.
    j1m0h likes this.
    08-25-15 03:07 AM
    Luuuuv the blackberry passport silver
    PASSPORT SILVER EDITION (SE) Design shortcomings.-img_20150830_151032.png

Posted via CB10
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    08-30-15 09:11 AM
66 123