The only downside I can think of is that I can't use the other Passport cases I own, but I guess that's not such a bad problem.

I hope a new Amzer case comes along. The cases that come with the bundle look and feel great, but offer very little protection to the top, bottom, and sides of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 01:52 PM
    The only downside I can think of is that I can't use the other Passport cases I own, but I guess that's not such a bad problem.

I hope a new Amzer case comes along. The cases that come with the bundle look and feel great, but offer very little protection to the top, bottom, and sides of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use cases, I use sleeves. Mine fits perfectly from my original.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-11-15 03:31 PM
    Imo this phone looks amazing and I'm happy to own one

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:31 PM
    Sorry bud, keyboard frets are plastic too.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the whole fret area around the keyboard and chin is plastic.. I don't know how people think otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:00 PM
    Yeah the whole fret area around the keyboard and chin is plastic.. I don't know how people think otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    They believe it therefore it must be true.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387, andy957 and bodjor like this.
    08-11-15 05:57 PM
    All this thread has done is show me a bunch of awesome pictures of the Silver Edition making me want it even more especially with the enhancements over the Original Passport. Loving everything about it here lol :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 06:24 AM
    So, this is basically another "don't buy a BlackBerry product, which I bash but haven't owned or experienced on first hand" thread?

How original, thanks OP
    RLTurn77 and gvs1341 like this.
    08-12-15 09:01 AM
    Hmmm I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:39 AM
    OP is absolutely right about the painted silver. With my Z30 you look at it the wrong way there's another scratch in the silver chin. If you can't use metal then leave it black. My Z10 looks way better because you can't see any wear on it.

I don't know why BlackBerry can't ever learn. Whether it's the stupid paint or the screen lifting or whatever. They release devices 2 years after the crappy silver on the Z30 with the same flaw. They release a PP a year after the original and the same screen lift flaw.

Man I hope whoever designed the old 9810 which was built like a brick ****house comes back to design the new slider. Please don't put together more phones using tape and painted plastic.

Z10STL100-3 /10.3.1.2576 / T-Mobile USA
    hieupham likes this.
    08-13-15 03:50 AM
    I don't know why BlackBerry can't ever learn. Whether it's the stupid paint or the screen lifting or whatever. They release devices 2 years after the crappy silver on the Z30 with the same flaw. They release a PP a year after the original and the same screen lift flaw.
    Well, on the brighter side, at least BlackBerry is consistent...

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 04:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:30 AM
    So, this is basically another "don't buy a BlackBerry product, which I bash but haven't owned or experienced on first hand" thread?

How original, thanks OP
    Hi friend, fyi, I have owned with liked provided solution - painted plastic (so not to prevent radio) BB devices, like 9900, Q10 (black, white, Gold SE), Z10, 9981, 9982, 9983 (the original Silver and Graphite which is MUCH better), Classic, PP black/white and now the RED one.

So, I have owned more than enough Blackberries to qualify for my personal thoughts.

As you have noticed, Vietnam is one of the countries with the Demo/ Dev BBs show up very first, so I have been playing with the device. The Demo one and the Commercial differs very very little. Imho the Silver has a little bit (not significant) better radio reception (both 2339 OS)

But my current Red PP production date is 06/March/2015 so no big issues, they might be fixed by the tiime
    08-13-15 06:02 AM
    Hi friend, fyi, I have owned with liked provided solution - painted plastic (so not to prevent radio) BB devices, like 9900, Q10 (black, white, Gold SE), Z10, 9981, 9982, 9983 (the original Silver and Graphite which is MUCH better), Classic, PP black/white and now the RED one.

So, I have owned more than enough Blackberries to qualify for my personal thoughts.

As you have noticed, Vietnam is one of the countries with the Demo/ Dev BBs show up very first, so I have been playing with the device. The Demo one and the Commercial differs very very little. Imho the Silver has a little bit (not significant) better radio reception (both 2339 OS)

But my current Red PP production date is 06/March/2015 so no big issues, they might be fixed by the tiime
    That a double type there I see? What phone are you using?

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    08-13-15 06:25 AM
    What does this mean? I wish that middle one is what the OG frame looked like.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 07:54 AM
    That a double type there I see? What phone are you using?

#CB10 #workwide #Silver
    Currently a Red PP

What does this mean? I wish that middle one is what the OG frame looked like.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, that's the OG, just to show that the frets (upper) part is just the add-on into the frame, so it's not the whole frame.

08-14-15 12:16 AM
    Just noticed this: the SE Passport has a brighter screen at both fully dim and fully bright settings. Considerably brighter in fact. Unusable in darkness for me, whereas the OG Passport gets very dim at the lowest setting.

Reason enough to return for me, on top of the other issues which I had overlooked as the device is quite nice on the whole.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:24 PM
    Just noticed this: the SE Passport has a brighter screen at both fully dim and fully bright settings. Considerably brighter in fact. Unusable in darkness for me, whereas the OG Passport gets very dim at the lowest setting.

Reason enough to return for me, on top of the other issues which I had overlooked as the device is quite nice on the whole.

Posted via CB10
    Brighter screen a reason to return? Really? Too bright to use in the dark? Seems a bit much. I'd prefer a brighter screen!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:30 PM
    Brighter screen a reason to return? Really? Too bright to use in the dark? Seems a bit much. I'd prefer a brighter screen!

Posted via CB10
    I have a lifted screen on my SE (a defect). The high brightness at the dimmest setting was the last straw. And I don't like the faux-steel. I generally just prefer the OG--just received a brand new one.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:36 PM
    Thanks for this post, a lot of people wanted to know this.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:35 PM
    Lol at this thread. You guys get worked into a lather too easily.

FWIW I'm happy with my SE and at the end of the day I realize....... its just a phone.

Posted via CB10
    bullnuke7532, gvs1341 and miker476 like this.
    08-14-15 01:53 PM
    I have a lifted screen on my SE (a defect). The high brightness at the dimmest setting was the last straw. And I don't like the faux-steel. I generally just prefer the OG--just received a brand new one.

Posted via CB10

I can definitely understand if your screen is lifted and from what you wrote it sounded like you had other issues which you likely posted, but can't keep track of everyone lol.

Personally, a brighter screen would be appreciated in my opinion. I understand your frustration with multiple issues, but if I ordered the SE and the screen was brighter I'd be a happy camper! Now the screen lifting along with any other issues... completely understandable considering the price and expected build quality of a new device.

Plus if you prefer the original after trying the SE all is good and you probably saved some $$$ :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 06:37 PM
    I can definitely understand if your screen is lifted and from what you wrote it sounded like you had other issues which you likely posted, but can't keep track of everyone lol.

Personally, a brighter screen would be appreciated in my opinion. I understand your frustration with multiple issues, but if I ordered the SE and the screen was brighter I'd be a happy camper! Now the screen lifting along with any other issues... completely understandable considering the price and expected build quality of a new device.

Plus if you prefer the original after trying the SE all is good and you probably saved some $$$ :-)

Posted via CB10
    The screen brightness was a major issue on the Q10. It was simply way too bright at its dimmest setting. The SE Passport is similarly way to bright at its dimmest setting. This isn't about general brightness in sunlight, as I believe that has improved. But not having a dim setting for the screen is pretty obnoxious; my SE was lighting up the whole bedroom at night. I may sound crazy, but it's a major consideration for me when using any lcd screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 07:13 PM
    The screen brightness was a major issue on the Q10. It was simply way too bright at its dimmest setting. The SE Passport is similarly way to bright at its dimmest setting. This isn't about general brightness in sunlight, as I believe that has improved. But not having a dim setting for the screen is pretty obnoxious; my SE was lighting up the whole bedroom at night. I may sound crazy, but it's a major consideration for me when using any lcd screen.

Posted via CB10
    Thnx for the info,
    I personally would still stick with my Red Passport, boxed date is March 2015 and absolutely no issues what-so-far. The bottom part is made from plastic but not painted, but the whole red colored plastic, which is good.

So to sum up, the Sim/Card back cover is made from Plastic ; the bottom part where the speakers are is made from the Plastic and the whole thingy around the keyboard is made from Plastic as well, the problems is that those Plastics are painted so if the paint gets scratched/ faded etc, you will see the plastic (with different color bellow, and I guess the color is white plastic), not sure about the ring around the camera module tho but it seems metal

The bad thing is that with time, as you play more and more with the keyboard, typing, swiping (touch-enabled) and if the quality is the same as the devices with painted plastic that I know (read my posts in this topic) and the paint goes off/ fades, then the whole plastic thingy will look ugly
    08-19-15 03:50 AM
    Awesome post this should be featured on front page!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-19-15 04:35 AM
66 123