Is that a Passport SE on the dash?The Passport Silver Edition is the Rolls Royce of all smartphones-aston-db10.5.jpg
    11-29-16 09:55 PM
    I LOVE my SE - bought on sale from BlackBerry last April. Recently spent 3 weeks in Kenya with it - amazing phone, had it on local sim card, and the usual great reception on ittle signal in the bush. All I hope is that I learn to use this outstanding device to its fullest capacity.

It's far more than a phone - it's a mini-computer and I could have saved myself the weight of my MacBook but I'm still learning how to work wide!

Hi ho, silver!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    11-30-16 05:17 AM
    Sorry for typos - it's early and haven't had that first cuppa coffee yet but I just wanted to weigh in that this is the most versatile and useful smartphone PLUS much more!!!
    And no, I could care less about games and apps - although I would like skype on here...

PS just edited both posts for typos -I tend to go too fast and ignore the word bar... This is just a honey of a gizmo and a great OS - too bad the world's hooked on toyphones...

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 05:20 AM
    I have the "Ferrari" black OG Passport and it's just as great as the SE one

Posted via CB10
    Agree; I have both. The SE is a bit bulky compared to the OG Black, but both are flawless compared to the Q10, Z10, Z30 and Classic - all of which I've had the pleasure of owning and/or using for test runs.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 07:35 AM
    I LOVE my SE - bought on sale from BlackBerry last April. Recently spent 3 weeks in Kenya with it - amazing phone, had it on local sim card, and the usual great reception on ittle signal in the bush. All I hope is that I learn to use this outstanding device to its fullest capacity.

It's far more than a phone - it's a mini-computer and I could have saved myself the weight of my MacBook but I'm still learning how to work wide!

Hi ho, silver!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    When you stated the Passport is a mini-computer, you are absolutely right. I've stated the exact same thing.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    11-30-16 07:36 AM
    Sorry for typos - it's early and haven't had that first cuppa coffee yet but I just wanted to weigh in that this is the most versatile and useful smartphone PLUS much more!!!
    And no, I could care less about games and apps - although I would like skype on here...

PS just edited both posts for typos -I tend to go too fast and ignore the word bar... This is just a honey of a gizmo and a great OS - too bad the world's hooked on toyphones...

Posted via CB10
    AMEN! I do have Skype and Pandora.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 07:37 AM
    AMEN! I do have Skype and Pandora.

Posted via CB10
    I thought skype didn't work on 10!!!! Or that it isn't supported or something like that!!! How do I get it????

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 08:36 AM
    Nice as it is, I just prefer black mobile phones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gazzathered_1962; 12-10-16 at 03:12 AM.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-09-16 09:41 AM
    I prefer the sleek blackness of the Passport to the SE.
    12-09-16 09:26 PM
    I'll be receiving my Passport Silver Edition today, and I'm very much looking forward to it. When it comes to the device,I've read nothing but good.
    12-10-16 10:37 AM
    Very well described. Passport SE is arguably the best ever PKB phone manufactured by any one and being launched in an era of VKB devices.
    It's purely subjective. I agree the KB on both Passports is very good but it's not "arguably the best ever" for everyone. Some people still prefer the Curve, or the Bold 9000, or the Torch, or the Priv, etc.
    12-10-16 10:41 AM
    Just got my se AGAIN because I can never make up my mind. I'm sending my moto z play back to bestbuy. The battery on the moto z wipes the floor with the passport but the passport is a mini computer as stated above. Anyway I'm also interested to know how to get skype to work on this phone since blackberry isn't going to give us cross platform video chat for bbm.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 10:52 AM
    To get Skype on your Passport, download it from Amazon, version 7.14. Works OK for me... no longer available thru BlackBerry.

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport SE but previously my  Q10
    12-10-16 05:39 PM
    I did download it from amazon but my wife and son have iphones and I don't know if that's the problem but none of the phones Would ring.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 06:35 PM
    Same here. What I found was that I had to open Skype & call them most of the time & that seemed to work. We used it this summer whilst in France & we would usually message them first to make sure they could Skype & then call them. Hope that helps.

Posted on CB10 with my  Passport SE but previously my  Q10
    12-11-16 03:42 AM
    The passport is a nice phone but is quickly becoming disposable as it doesn't do any of the things modern smartphones do besides traditional email, text, and basic apps. If that's what you want. Cool. But if you want to be on the cutting edge, a Passport will not keep you there.
    What's cutting edge for you? Availability of media apps? Every phone out there in the market are the same in functionality. Remember, the phone's main function is for communication. Other than that, are just added "dressings".

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky
    12-11-16 08:55 AM
    This thought came across my mind when reading an article on the Rolls Royce "Dawn", the there called "finest cabriolet" in the world, a few minutes ago.

Both devices can be characterized by the following marks:

- Elegant in shape
    - Strong in power
    - British-like reluctance
    - Eye catcher and head turner
    - A bit clumsy

No wonder British like the Passport Silver Edition so much. All ten reviewers at Amazon/UK gave full five stars. You might think, ten reviewers aren't that many, but Rolls Royces on England's streets aren't either.
    ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Agree!! The price is still Rolls Royce class even though BB10 is dying.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-11-16 02:12 PM
    Hands down best phone I've ever used. There is simply no comparison.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 06:50 PM
    You forgot the 4 gigs of ram.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    No have a 6 GB of ram
    12-15-16 08:28 AM
    I tried it out. When I initiate the video call it calls but the receiver doesn't get the call. Weird, it worked on my Original Passport. Very strange, but the msg's work. I am going to delete and try again. I'll update if anything changes.
    12-23-16 06:13 PM
    No have a 6 GB of ram
    Might as well make it 8 gigs.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.3.1435
    12-24-16 10:28 AM
    I do too. I had both. Back to using the original black version.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 05:56 PM
122 ... 345