My AT&T one started after a year. Just got an SE And want to be prepared.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 11:08 AM
    You can fix your screen lift by yourself. I also did it.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    You should not have to do that.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 11:43 AM
    I just picked up an unlocked at&t passport and it's much nicer to hold than my SE. I think it looks better too.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 12:07 PM
    Ihhallaburton - I use the SEIDIO case. Fits really good and comes up over the front of the device just enough cover all the edges. If you're concerned about the least little bit of screen lift this case holds it down.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 01:07 PM
    Here's one method:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issue-1073173/

Does your Passport have that dreaded screen lifting issue too?

*ME173X
    Good to know. Thanks for the info. I had one and sold it as I moved to a white Passport just for a change. Before the SE I had a black Passport that I also sold. Now I just did purchase a brand new SE again. Hope I never have this screen lift issue... :-( but at least now I have some good info if it happens! He he he thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 01:10 PM
    Good to know. Thanks for the info. I had one and sold it as I moved to a white Passport just for a change. Before the SE I had a black Passport that I also sold. Now I just did purchase a brand new SE again. Hope I never have this screen lift issue... :-( but at least now I have some good info if it happens! He he he thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Since you've had the Black, White and Silver Edition versions, can you give your thoughts on the differences in looks and build quality and which you preferred?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 07:50 PM
    I just picked up an unlocked at&t passport and it's much nicer to hold than my SE. I think it looks better too.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know about any difference in LTE frequencies between the AT&T Passport vs the other ones? (normal black / white / red Passport and Passport SE?)

I am thinking about buying an unlocked AT&T version as I like the rounded corners...

Cheers

Leo

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 08:06 PM
    Since you've had the Black, White and Silver Edition versions, can you give your thoughts on the differences in looks and build quality and which you preferred?

Posted via CB10
    I've had black, red and Silver Edition. The black had a rubbery back, and would pick up fingerprints a little easy (but I'd always just wipe it off on my shirt or something).

The red had a more plastic back, not the grippy rubberized finished backing of the black. Other than this, the phones were no different to me in terms of build quality.

The SE has been my favorite so far. It is heavier, thicker, and the back is that diamond patterned rubber material. There is less plastic, just the chin (which is one piece that fits around the keyboard too) and the sim card door. The SE is still a big ol' square thing, so people ask about it or say it looks too big (it's not for me).

The keyboard on the SE has a better feel to it, it's more "plush" than the original design Passports. That's really all the differences I think are noticeable.

(for the record, my SE has no screen lift issue)

Posted via CB10
    BeautyEh and ratfinkstooley like this.
    06-27-16 12:13 AM
    Silver edition is my favourite version as well

it looks great, and the quality feels much better

also the camera on the back/the back in general looks awesome
    06-27-16 03:49 AM
    SK122387 - Could you post pictures of the upper corners of the screen?

I think mine doesn't have defects but the upper left corner looks slightly different. As in there is some space between the black frame and the steel.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 03:54 AM
    I've had black, red and Silver Edition. The black had a rubbery back, and would pick up fingerprints a little easy (but I'd always just wipe it off on my shirt or something).

The red had a more plastic back, not the grippy rubberized finished backing of the black. Other than this, the phones were no different to me in terms of build quality.

The SE has been my favorite so far. It is heavier, thicker, and the back is that diamond patterned rubber material. There is less plastic, just the chin (which is one piece that fits around the keyboard too) and the sim card door. The SE is still a big ol' square thing, so people ask about it or say it looks too big (it's not for me).

The keyboard on the SE has a better feel to it, it's more "plush" than the original design Passports. That's really all the differences I think are noticeable.

(for the record, my SE has no screen lift issue)

Posted via CB10

Passport SE 10.3.2.2876
    06-27-16 04:08 AM
    I've also had the black, red, white and now the silver. Although red is my favorite colour, I would have to say the Silver is my favorite for the round edges. The only thing I've experienced is that the silver gets really hot, like I can't put the phone next to my ear to take a call hot by the power button. Not sure what's causing that. But it's a beast of a phone!!!

TriniPassportSE - don't come for me unless I sent for you!! BB4Life
    07-01-16 02:59 PM
    ^ Seems like it's the WiFi. At least when I turn it off after a session that part of the phone cools down.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 05:13 PM
    ^ Seems like it's the WiFi. At least when I turn it off after a session that part of the phone cools down.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, my wifi usualy isn't turned on at all. Strange!!

07-01-16 05:17 PM
    I've had them all but my favorite is my latest: The AT&T model. Love the rounded edges and how comfortable it is to hold. Much better feel than the SE.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 09:10 PM
    If Blackberry made a dual OS phone, OS 10.x for work, and android for personal use, for some it would be the best of both worlds. For others, they could use just Blackberry's OS or Android, which ever they prefer.
    07-01-16 11:42 PM
    SK122387 - Could you post pictures of the upper corners of the screen?

I think mine doesn't have defects but the upper left corner looks slightly different. As in there is some space between the black frame and the steel.

Posted via CB10
    I hope these help?

The Passport Silver Edition is the Rolls Royce of all smartphones-img_1435.jpg
    The Passport Silver Edition is the Rolls Royce of all smartphones-img_1433.jpg
    The Passport Silver Edition is the Rolls Royce of all smartphones-img_1434.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 12:14 AM
    Can not agree anymore.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    07-02-16 04:47 AM
    The passport is a nice phone but is quickly becoming disposable as it doesn't do any of the things modern smartphones do besides traditional email, text, and basic apps. If that's what you want. Cool. But if you want to be on the cutting edge, a Passport will not keep you there.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-02-16 09:15 AM
    The passport is a nice phone but is quickly becoming disposable as it doesn't do any of the things modern smartphones do besides traditional email, text, and basic apps. If that's what you want. Cool. But if you want to be on the cutting edge, a Passport will not keep you there.
    And to each his own.

07-02-16 09:24 AM
    What's the best way to do it?

Posted via CB10
    I already explained it ones in the Forum, that you can Bend your Phone.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    07-02-16 12:04 PM
    I've had them all but my favorite is my latest: The AT&T model. Love the rounded edges and how comfortable it is to hold. Much better feel than the SE.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I have the red that I traded my at&t version to get. I've been debating on the silver or another at&t version. You just may have swayed my decision.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 01:15 PM
    This thought came across my mind when reading an article on the Rolls Royce "Dawn", the there called "finest cabriolet" in the world, a few minutes ago.

Both devices can be characterized by the following marks:

- Elegant in shape
    - Strong in power
    - British-like reluctance
    - Eye catcher and head turner
    - A bit clumsy

No wonder British like the Passport Silver Edition so much. All ten reviewers at Amazon/UK gave full five stars. You might think, ten reviewers aren't that many, but Rolls Royces on England's streets aren't either.
    ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Very well described. Passport SE is arguably the best ever PKB phone manufactured by any one and being launched in an era of VKB devices.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    07-02-16 03:02 PM
    I love the SE. Excellent and nice phone. Maybe the best ever released by BlackBerry

:-)

Posted via CB10
    Replaceable battery is the only thing that could have made it better.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-02-16 03:49 PM
    I hope these help?
    Thanks alot. I can't zoom in too much but it looks ok, in the second picture there seem to be a few pixels of the left corner that are a bit off axis. I don't know if it's just due to the picture quality but I guess so since you said there's no issue with the screen.

When you touch the perimeter, do you get the feeling of an even surface?
    07-03-16 04:14 AM
122 12345