Yes I observed heavy heating issue with back cover also in beginning days, after 1 week I didn't got any heating

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:44 AM
    Yes I observed heavy heating issue with back cover also in beginning days, after 1 week I didn't got any heating

Posted via CB10
    I really hope it's gonna be the same case for me. I'm really paranoid about this overheating and battery drain.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Posted via CB10 8520 > 8900 > 9780 > 9900 > Playbook > Q10 > Passport silver edition
    01-10-16 08:35 PM
    Mine also got very hot yesterday during charging, device switching, software update etc etc... absolutely fine today though

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE
    I haven't checked my unit when it's on charging, but using it for a bit leads to the phone getting warm in the top right. Android apps and multitasking leads to the overheating I think.

Posted via CB10 8520 > 8900 > 9780 > 9900 > Playbook > Q10 > Passport silver edition
    01-10-16 08:36 PM
    Few things that likely play a role in your battery drain:

1) it is known that BlackBerry 10-Smartphones have an increased battery drain in the first days (up to a week in my experience with SE) after an OS update or even after buying the phone and starting it for the first time. The OS optimises things in background, you will see things downloading, email sync etc.

2) the email settings are 'oversyncing' your accounts, or one of the accounts is acting weird. Does not seem to be the case with you, the PIM would tell you.

3) android apps may also act weird after an install or update. Does not happen often, but sometimes it does, especially if new permissions are wanted from new install. Don't know what happens but android player will start acting weird and drain your battery.

4) android player from 2836 caused battery drain in my case. It is known that when installed the newest os, the AP does not allow to delete android apps anymore. It also may reduce battery life. I recommend flashing the 2813 version of Android player. You can find the detailed description in the 2836 thread.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much for your post.
    1. I hope my phone gets better within a week too. This battery drain and overheating is scary.

2. Yep, I think my email setup is fine. I've set the same synchronization settings like my Q10.

3. And 4. After reading your post, I tried downloading and deleting an application from the Google play store. If I try un-installing it from the play store, the Android player crashes. When I delete the app from the home screen, it still shows up in the play store as installed. When I click open in the play store the Android player crashes again.
    As for flashing, unfortunately I have no experience whatsoever with flashing a BlackBerry and I don't even have a windows PC as I'm using a Mac. I will check out the 2836 threads though.

Once again thank you so much for taking the time out and writing this informative post.

01-10-16 08:46 PM
    Could you guys post a screen shot of your battery usage please. Thanks.
    Attachment 387198

Posted via CB10
    I think you have the "newly-acquired phone syndrome " which you can't put it down!! LoL.. but with 31% display, suggested that you might been using your device constantly, plus with the fact that the phone is still settling down (can be seen on the system and PIM percentages), so yeah.. I think that what causes the battery drain.

Also, try to lower the brightness.

Just let it settle for a few more days and try to refrain from playing with it too hard until the phone settles lol..

Posted via Z30
    01-11-16 06:00 AM
    I think you have the "newly-acquired phone syndrome " which you can't put it down!! LoL.. but with 31% display, suggested that you might been using your device constantly, plus with the fact that the phone is still settling down (can be seen on the system and PIM percentages), so yeah.. I think that what causes the battery drain.

Also, try to lower the brightness.

Just let it settle for a few more days and try to refrain from playing with it too hard until the phone settles lol..

Posted via Z30
    Probably having a hard time putting it down cause this thing feels majestic in hand and keyboard is truly wonderful. But this morning I used both Q10 and this passport for almost the same amount using the same apps and functions, and the passport drained considerably more. I fully charged the passport last night and it drained about 10 percent over night which was shocking.

I'm not doing any processor intensive tasks on the passport yet and the brightness is at about 40%.

01-11-16 09:45 AM
    Jack1192,

Just relax, man. Believe me, I was in your shoes month ago when I got my BlackBerry Passport SE. The battery drain issue is of temporary one and will disappear within 10 days or so, as was in my case. For example, during standby, the battery used to drain at least by 1% per hour at the beginning. Currently it takes at least 5 hours to drain battery by 1% in standby mode. So, in summary, it is system processes that drain battery during first days. And one piece of advise I have learnt here: reboot your device once a day or two for upcoming week.

Posted via Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    01-11-16 01:54 PM
    These are my stats day 3 for comparison

Passport silver edition overheating and battery problems-img_20160111_205100.png

Passport silver edition overheating and battery problems-img_20160111_205220.png

Passport silver edition overheating and battery problems-img_20160111_205250.png

I read on another thread that for the 1st few days or once a week it's worth hard resetting to help settle the software....dont know if there's any truth in it

01-11-16 02:54 PM
    Quiet day with some calls email and some reading.
    830 to 630 25 percent. 25 hours life remaining. Cb app won't attach pic
    Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-11-16 05:25 PM
    These are my stats day 3 for comparison

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160111_205100.png 
Views:	488 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	387356

Name:	IMG_20160111_205220.png 
Views:	487 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	387357

Name:	IMG_20160111_205250.png 
Views:	487 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	387358

I read on another thread that for the 1st few days or once a week it's worth hard resetting to help settle the software....dont know if there's any truth in it

That's true. The battery drain can show up a week later after an os update. Then no issue for a long time. Traveling and att towers can cause this. Our old palm phones would do the same thing sometimes. It has to do with tower switching. Wireless tech still SUCKS.

01-11-16 05:32 PM
    Jack1192,

Just relax, man. Believe me, I was in your shoes month ago when I got my BlackBerry Passport SE. The battery drain issue is of temporary one and will disappear within 10 days or so, as was in my case. For example, during standby, the battery used to drain at least by 1% per hour at the beginning. Currently it takes at least 5 hours to drain battery by 1% in standby mode. So, in summary, it is system processes that drain battery during first days. And one piece of advise I have learnt here: reboot your device once a day or two for upcoming week.

Posted via Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    Alright mate I'll try to ease up a bit about this situation. I'll try to patient with the passport. It's calming to know that you had a similar issue and it worked out alright now. I'll follow that advice of rebooting once a day. Thank you so much.

01-11-16 09:50 PM
    Quiet day with some calls email and some reading.
    830 to 630 25 percent. 25 hours life remaining. Cb app won't attach pic
    Wireless charging? Probably not the silver edition right? Would've loved to have that feature in the silver edition though

01-11-16 09:53 PM
    Yeah that's the US at&t version

01-12-16 12:25 AM
    Yeah that's the US at&t version

That's a strange marketing decision by BlackBerry. I just searched about it and even the Classic has a wireless charging enabled version, but exclusively sold in the US via carriers.

Might that also be the reason why the Priv has that hollow space in the back cover which was supposedly for the wireless charging coil?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 01:00 AM
    Yes that's exactly what that hollow in the back of the Priv is. For carriers in Canada the wireless charging is missing, so that's why it pops and makes squeaky sounds when you push on that soft spot. To me that was a stupid move on Blackberry's part, they should of just put the wireless charging in all the phones, and disable the wireless charging for Canadian Carriers. Blackberry created an unnecessary problem. I wonder how many phones got returned because people thought the phone was defective.
    01-12-16 10:41 PM
    Granted, I didn't take the time to read the entire thread but I don't know what you guys are complaining about.
    From the posted screen shots, everything looks fine to me.
    I see lots of high usage over a short time, of course the battery is going to drain.

Don't believe anybody that says they get 2.5 days or 3 days out of their Passport. It's not possible unless they keep their network data or WiFi turned off unless they need to use it. They are doing every last thing possible to squeeze every % out of their device. I think I saw in another thread that people were just running the device on battery saving mode the whole time.
    01-12-16 11:12 PM
    I had same experience with all new versions. Until I tried old Skype version 4.9.0.45564. No sign of huge battery drain or overheating.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 01:58 AM
    Yes that's exactly what that hollow in the back of the Priv is. For carriers in Canada the wireless charging is missing, so that's why it pops and makes squeaky sounds when you push on that soft spot. To me that was a stupid move on Blackberry's part, they should of just put the wireless charging in all the phones, and disable the wireless charging for Canadian Carriers. Blackberry created an unnecessary problem. I wonder how many phones got returned because people thought the phone was defective.
    I would love to know the logic behind this seemingly crazy decision by BlackBerry. Even the global versions don't have wireless charging.

01-13-16 04:56 AM
    Granted, I didn't take the time to read the entire thread but I don't know what you guys are complaining about.
    From the posted screen shots, everything looks fine to me.
    I see lots of high usage over a short time, of course the battery is going to drain.

Don't believe anybody that says they get 2.5 days or 3 days out of their Passport. It's not possible unless they keep their network data or WiFi turned off unless they need to use it. They are doing every last thing possible to squeeze every % out of their device. I think I saw in another thread that people were just running the device on battery saving mode the whole time.
    What might seem to you as high usage is actually just normal usage with huge dips in the battery life and the consistent downward slope is on standby. I've noticed the battery life improve a bit but it's still slightly below par.

I'm not expecting 2-3 days but I was expecting at least a day or the same level as I got from my iPhone 6 Plus.

This seems to be a real issue with new users and probably after a software update as well. Apparently it settles down in about 7-10 days of use.

01-13-16 05:02 AM
    Hi. I have a Passport SE also. My battery lasts approximately 1 day (mixed use). I expected a bit more honestly. In my case, I found out that skype drains my battery. I don't understand why. So I have been avoiding to use Skype on my phone. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 10:33 AM
    Hi. I have a Passport SE also. My battery lasts approximately 1 day (mixed use). I expected a bit more honestly. In my case, I found out that skype drains my battery. I don't understand why. So I have been avoiding to use Skype on my phone. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    I think Skype, Kindle, and Browser has been known to cause battery drain problems.
    I've personally noticed battery drain problems a couple times myself.

If you have device encryption enabled and you use Kindle android app, it's a guaranteed drain. Your device won't last anymore than a few hours at best.
    01-13-16 07:11 PM
    Passport silver edition overheating and battery problems-img_20160114_172436.png

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 07:24 AM
    Still have battery overheating problem

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 07:26 AM
    Mines starting to settle. Only gets hot when charging

01-14-16 07:32 AM
    I had the same problems previously when I installed Android apps. I do a factory reset and NO Android apps install. it solved the heat and battery drain issues since last February until now. Roughly about 16 hrs of moderate use before charging and I left about 20%. I have 4 mails to sync with 2 hrs sync interval. 12 BBM grps. Whatsapp, FB, Twitter and Linkin. I am very satisfied with my Black OG Passport. Bravo BlackBerry.

With my Black Passport
    01-14-16 12:45 PM
80 1234