Hello CrackBerry! I've purchased this new BlackBerry Passport silver edition 3 days ago and I've been experiencing overheating issues and terrible battery life.

I've read many posts here regarding this issue but none of them were on the silver edition, and were dated a few months back. Some concluded that it were the Android applications like Kindle or Amazon while some showed Skype as the cause for battery drain.

Unfortunately for me I have neither of them on my Passport. I have to disclose that I installed the Google play store (using Cobalt's applications). Additionally I downloaded Viber, Facebook pages manager and Spotify from the amazon app store. From BlackBerry world I have downloaded Whatsapp, CrackBerry and connect to Dropbox app.

As for email accounts, I have 3 accounts set to 30 minute sync. I am not using BBM. My data services are on and on 4G and I'm also connected to a WiFi network at all times.

I am running the latest software version 10.3.2.2836

I upgraded from the BlackBerry Q10 in which I have had the exact same set of applications and I was getting better battery life than what I am getting with the passport right now.

I have tried restarting the device, I've tried resetting, tried security wipe, tried to restore from backup of Q10, tried to set up as new device.

I really hope anyone of you could help me with this issue. I really want to enjoy my passport. The keyboard and screen are marvelous but the sub par battery and overheating in the top right corner I'm experiencing is ruining it.

I've attached screen shots for proof. If you want more info regarding this issue please feel free to ask.

P.s. I saw one guy post a screen shot of his passport device monitor and it showed 12 hours remaining on a 30% charge and I just died a little inside. Mine barely shows around 10 hours on a full charge.

Passport silver edition overheating and battery problems-img_20160110_100032.png
    Passport silver edition overheating and battery problems-img_20160110_095644.png
    Passport silver edition overheating and battery problems-img_20160110_095638.png

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 08:13 PM
    Hey, nothing to worry here. Go to device monitor and check which application is the cause for the battery drain and delete it. And observe if the same problem persist. I'm using the Passport SE and it gives me 24 hrs battery back up with heavy usage. I charge my phone in the night. I would recommend you don't use Android applications on your passport. Stop Amazon store and Amazon shopping applications, as this causes my phone to hang up and restart couple of times in a day, I guess this might be one of the reasons for your battery drain too!

Let me know how it goes..

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 04:45 AM
    Have the same issue here on my SE,my system is using 30% of battery,what should I do. Kindly help.

Passport Silver Edition
    06-19-17 04:26 PM
    My SE takes nearly 4 hour to charge and takes only 8 hours to discharge, just bought a month ago, only first 15 days battery used to last for 17-19 hours.

Passport Silver Edition
    06-21-17 10:26 AM
    Hello CrackBerry! I've purchased this new BlackBerry Passport silver edition 3 days ago and I've been experiencing overheating issues and terrible battery life.

I've read many posts here regarding this issue but none of them were on the silver edition, and were dated a few months back. Some concluded that it were the Android applications like Kindle or Amazon while some showed Skype as the cause for battery drain.

Unfortunately for me I have neither of them on my Passport. I have to disclose that I installed the Google play store (using Cobalt's applications). Additionally I downloaded Viber, Facebook pages manager and Spotify from the amazon app store. From BlackBerry world I have downloaded Whatsapp, CrackBerry and connect to Dropbox app.

As for email accounts, I have 3 accounts set to 30 minute sync. I am not using BBM. My data services are on and on 4G and I'm also connected to a WiFi network at all times.

I am running the latest software version 10.3.2.2836

I upgraded from the BlackBerry Q10 in which I have had the exact same set of applications and I was getting better battery life than what I am getting with the passport right now.

I have tried restarting the device, I've tried resetting, tried security wipe, tried to restore from backup of Q10, tried to set up as new device.

I really hope anyone of you could help me with this issue. I really want to enjoy my passport. The keyboard and screen are marvelous but the sub par battery and overheating in the top right corner I'm experiencing is ruining it.

I've attached screen shots for proof. If you want more info regarding this issue please feel free to ask.

P.s. I saw one guy post a screen shot of his passport device monitor and it showed 12 hours remaining on a 30% charge and I just died a little inside. Mine barely shows around 10 hours on a full charge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160110_100032.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	387160

Name:	IMG_20160110_095644.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	387161

Name:	IMG_20160110_095638.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	387162

Posted via CB10
    Regarding to your passport, first I would recommend to remove every android application that you have jnstalled, those apps are really battery killer, second thing dont forget to check your brightness, I keep mine in minimum, it seems like it doesn't drain the battery but actually it does, third thing is 4g LTE. When I was using my passport on 4G the battery was draining very quickly, as far as I remember it could last from 9 am to 5-6 pm on moderate use and with one email account and for sure without the other apps that you mention being used.
    06-21-17 11:57 AM
    I owned a passport for a bit. If you've got the battery life down to 12hrs, congrats, you are probably the person this device was designed for. I would rarely see my Passport battery charge drop below 65% or so over a 16hr day, but I'm a light user, which is why I'm back to Q10.
    I would say though, that your screen and system usage are about right, proportionally, given the kind of use you put it to.
    Here's the battery graph from my Q10 - display and system use are in about the same proportion to each other.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 12:00 PM
    I'm using passport as second phone and reading device. Considered light usage on passport, my battery always left around 15-20% after 48 hours of usage.
    Doesn't matter connect to WiFi or data, and brightness is set around 50%. My daily screen on time is averaging 120min per day

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 09:05 PM
    Due to the heating, I suspect a bad antenna. This is a known issue on the passports.

My antenna went bad and the battery life was getting bad and it was overheating because it was working so hard to get reception. Then the antenna finally failed altogether and I had to replace the device.

Unfortunately, if this is the problem I think the only solution is to replace the device. Or get refund.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 02:31 AM