shopblackberry does not ship the passport to Argentina. Amazon will, however, I don�t want to risk not getting my item. It could get lost if you know what I mean.

thanks for the info.
    Yes, I know what you mean, exactly. But Amazon's service and customer friendliness is so good that they might even cover you for a replacement device "getting lost" on its way through Argentinian customs or in the mail. I don't know. Does Argentina have UPS? That might provide some protection over the postal system. Chances are you won't need a replacement, anyway, but I understand your concerns.

Posted via CB10
    Fernando Martin likes this.
    10-27-15 05:20 PM
    Throw it as far as you can.. like Thor's hammer if you will

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:25 PM
    After my experiences, reading a number of threads and for most the intermittent nature of the reboots. I believe the auto restart problem is related to Android apps and how they interact with the SE. In particular I think that the problem is somehow related to apps that are allowed to run minimised (most are but you can change them under privacy settings) with a possibility that location services maybe involved.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 07:59 PM
    I've sort of thought so, too, but haven't been able to demonstrate that.

But the reboot problem is probably multifactorial.

Another possible suspect in the reboot issue: the SD card.

I hadn't had a reboot for 11 days. This afternoon I turned the Notifications to Silent for a meeting--first time I had done that for a long time. I happened to notice that the ringtone had reverted to a stock tone from the media. The SE then immediately went into a reboot.

A week or so ago I had moved all my extra ringtones from the BB Media to my 64 GB Sony high speed SD card. Everything was working fine. And after the reboot, the Notification settings still showed a stock BB ringtone which was on the Media card (not SD card).

I have now moved the custom ring tones back to the Media, the Notifications now shows the correct tones, and when I change Notifications to Silent there is no reboot.

Because of possible corruption on the SD card, I also backed up the SD card to my computer, formatted it with ex-FAT, reformatted it with the Passport, and recopied all the files and directories from my backup directory, overwriting the directories the Passport had made on the SD card.
    10-27-15 10:30 PM
    Hey guyz,

Ive been reading all these threads about Blackberry Passport and planning to get Silver Edition this coming saturday. Just wondering even with all the restarts and problem. Is SE still a good investment u guyz had? I really like the design and everything about SE but I want to know if you compare to Pros and Cons which one has more? and lastly even if i get SE ... it isnt that outdated right? Cheersss and sorry for the bad english
    10-27-15 11:38 PM
    I wonder...For Android? Are people with the restart issue using Cobalts solution or Snap? I'm using Snap.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:50 AM
    I wonder...For Android? Are people with the restart issue using Cobalts solution or Snap? I'm using Snap.

Posted via CB10
    Hey guyz,

Ive been reading all these threads about Blackberry Passport and planning to get Silver Edition this coming saturday. Just wondering even with all the restarts and problem. Is SE still a good investment u guyz had? I really like the design and everything about SE but I want to know if you compare to Pros and Cons which one has more? and lastly even if i get SE ... it isnt that outdated right? Cheersss and sorry for the bad english
    I do use Cobalt's solution, not Snap, for Android apps. I don't know one way or the other if that has anything to do with reboots.

As for whether the SE is a good investment, well, now that the Priv is coming out, you would certainly want to look into it versus the SE. But in terms of the reboots, if, as in my case, they are occurring maybe once a week to once every two weeks and /seem/ to be software or maybe SD card related, it's not so bad. I have more trouble with my MacBook freezing due to issues with external monitors, which Apple can't seem to figure out for many users, either. Of course, I remember the Microsoft Windows "blue screen of death" era, so I guess I have different expectations from computers.
    6an9er likes this.
    10-28-15 09:34 AM
    After my experiences, reading a number of threads and for most the intermittent nature of the reboots. I believe the auto restart problem is related to Android apps and how they interact with the SE. In particular I think that the problem is somehow related to apps that are allowed to run minimised (most are but you can change them under privacy settings) with a possibility that location services maybe involved.
    Mine reboots without any Android apps running and I don't allow any of them to run headless. I also have very few android apps and indeed very few apps in general. I normally get reboots using core OS functions and apps like hub, browser, twitter... I also have location services turned off 100% of the time.

Some people have mentioned the SD card and I suppose that could be a possibility. I might pull mine out for a week and see if that helps at all.

I wish I could view my device logs to see if anything is getting called right before the restart.
    10-28-15 02:18 PM
    Thanks for the info about your use of Cobalts android solution. Unless there is some call/check in the software for the mirco sd card causing the problem, then for me at least it's not about that as I don't have one.

So at this stage the common elements we all seem to share with the auto restart issue, are the SE and the use of Android.

Since my last crash,I have removed some more Android apps and have no more problems. Now considering what has been said and done. I think but have no way of confirming this as I'm not a programmer, that there must be a call that is inherent in some apps. This call is then made to the Android runtime which interacts with BB10 at a high level. Due to some difference with SE compared to the original passport which could be software, hardware or both, the code hangs and triggers a reboot.

Another possibility to consider is the original had a reboot problem before an OS update, it may be the same or a similar issue. Could be that some old code has crept back in....

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 02:21 PM
    I'm not using either. Almost all of my apps are from Blackberry World, I have a couple from Amazon. No sideloading or other Google stuff.
    10-28-15 02:24 PM
    Mine reboots without any Android apps running and I don't allow any of them to run headless. I also have very few android apps and indeed very few apps in general. I normally get reboots using core OS functions and apps like hub, browser, twitter... I also have location services turned off 100% of the time.

Some people have mentioned the SD card and I suppose that could be a possibility. I might pull mine out for a week and see if that helps at all.

I wish I could view my device logs to see if anything is getting called right before the restart.
    I wish BlackBerry Support would have reviewed /my/ device logs. I sent four or five of them (each created right after a reboot) under my BB support ticket number, and, as I mentioned before, they simply refused to do so. Lazy? No support staff? Who knows? Instead, they just said to use Link to do a clean OS install and don't restore anything. That might work, of course, but provides no useful information about what thing or things are causing this problem with the SE.

Thanks for the info about your use of Cobalts android solution. Unless there is some call/check in the software for the mirco sd card causing the problem, then for me at least it's not about that as I don't have one.

So at this stage the common elements we all seem to share with the auto restart issue, are the SE and the use of Android.

Since my last crash,I have removed some more Android apps and have no more problems. Now considering what has been said and done. I think but have no way of confirming this as I'm not a programmer, that there must be a call that is inherent in some apps. This call is then made to the Android runtime which interacts with BB10 at a high level. Due to some difference with SE compared to the original passport which could be software, hardware or both, the code hangs and triggers a reboot.

Another possibility to consider is the original had a reboot problem before an OS update, it may be the same or a similar issue. Could be that some old code has crept back in....

Posted via CB10
    Very comprehensive post. I've been arguing the same. It is likely multifactorial, maybe different for different users, depending upon their Android apps (both the BB Android-based apps and the Google Play Store Android apps) and the use of and type of and format status of their SD cards, if any. And yes, maybe the SE is making a call to a non-existent SD card. The logs would tell us that, presumably, but as we know, BB tech support refuses to look at the logs. Certainly my isolated reboot yesterday, which occurred just as I was changing from Normal to Silent profile, but had all the ringtones on my SD card at the time, suggests that the SE /was/, in fact, calling the SD card at that moment.
    10-28-15 02:58 PM
    I wish BlackBerry Support would have reviewed /my/ device logs. I sent four or five of them (each created right after a reboot) under my BB support ticket number, and, as I mentioned before, they simply refused to do so. Lazy? No support staff? Who knows? Instead, they just said to use Link to do a clean OS install and don't restore anything. That might work, of course, but provides no useful information about what thing or things are causing this problem with the SE.
    At least you got a support ticket. I've so far been refused support for my SE, other than being told to do an OS re-install, which I have done. I pulled my SD card but I've already had a reboot so I don't think it's related to that.
    10-28-15 06:09 PM
    At least you got a support ticket. I've so far been refused support for my SE, other than being told to do an OS re-install, which I have done. I pulled my SD card but I've already had a reboot so I don't think it's related to that.
    Well, my support ticket didn't do much for me, since all they told me was to reinstall the OS.

So--you've done a clean reinstall of the OS. Which OS versi�n, by the way? And you've taken out the SD card and still get reboots, within the past few hours, I assume, since earlier today you said you were just thinking about removing the SD card. And was the reboot /after/ both the OS reinstall and the removal of the SD card?

Did you restore /anything/ from a backup, including media, settings or application data or files, after the OS reinstall? And have you put back any of those Android apps from Amazon or elsewhere?

If you've done a clean install of the OS, removed the SD card, have not restored anything at all from a backup, have not put back any Android apps, and you're still getting reboots, then it is a pure hardware issue, a defective device, and you need a new SE. Given that the SE Passports are all well within the BlackBerry warranty period, you should be able to get a replacement from wherever you bought it.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 06:38 PM
    Sorry forgot about Amazon. It's sounds like the method to get Android is not important. Which brings us back to the Android apps and the Runtime.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:38 PM
    So--you've done a clean reinstall of the OS. Which OS versi�n, by the way? And you've taken out the SD card and still get reboots, within the past few hours, I assume, since earlier today you said you were just thinking about removing the SD card. And was the reboot /after/ both the OS reinstall and the removal of the SD card?

Did you restore /anything/ from a backup, including media, settings or application data or files, after the OS reinstall? And have you put back any of those Android apps from Amazon or elsewhere?
    I did a clean install via Blackberry Link of whatever the latest OS version is. (I tried to do an over the air security wipe first but it failed and rendered my device unbootable. This was after my BBM had stopped working as well as my hub and text messages)

The only thing I restored were my contacts and photos and I did not do that over Blackberry Link. I copied them over manually. I re-installed my apps from the Blackberry and Amazon stores.

Yes, I did remove the SD and still had reboots so definitely not that. I could try deleting all my android apps. I don't really use them that much.

Given that the SE Passports are all well within the BlackBerry warranty period, you should be able to get a replacement from wherever you bought it.
    Yeah you would think that. So far that hasn't been the case. I won't go into the details as I've already complained about it on another thread. Mostly right now I'm just trying to solve the problem myself somehow.
    10-29-15 05:47 PM
    I did a clean install via Blackberry Link of whatever the latest OS version is. (I tried to do an over the air security wipe first but it failed and rendered my device unbootable. This was after my BBM had stopped working as well as my hub and text messages)

The only thing I restored were my contacts and photos and I did not do that over Blackberry Link. I copied them over manually. I re-installed my apps from the Blackberry and Amazon stores.

Yes, I did remove the SD and still had reboots so definitely not that. I could try deleting all my android apps. I don't really use them that much.

Yeah you would think that. So far that hasn't been the case. I won't go into the details as I've already complained about it on another thread. Mostly right now I'm just trying to solve the problem myself somehow.
    Yes, I would recommend getting rid of all the Android apps and doing a couple of hard reboots. If, after doing that, you've still got reboots, then it's pretty definitely a hardware problem. I think I saw something earlier about your problems getting a warranty replacement. That shouldn't be. Have you exhausted all your avenues?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:00 PM
    Yes, I would recommend getting rid of all the Android apps and doing a couple of hard reboots. If, after doing that, you've still got reboots, then it's pretty definitely a hardware problem. I think I saw something earlier about your problems getting a warranty replacement. That shouldn't be. Have you exhausted all your avenues?
    I still feel like it could be a software issue. I can do some really intensive tasks without rebooting ever (like playing Fieldrunners 2) but then the phone will reboot with no apps open and not doing much. The one thing that almost guarantees a reboot is watching videos in the browser.

I haven't pushed it too hard yet with warranty after getting the run-around. I'll try again if I can't clear this up soon.
    10-30-15 01:30 PM
    I still feel like it could be a software issue. I can do some really intensive tasks without rebooting ever (like playing Fieldrunners 2) but then the phone will reboot with no apps open and not doing much. The one thing that almost guarantees a reboot is watching videos in the browser.

I haven't pushed it too hard yet with warranty after getting the run-around. I'll try again if I can't clear this up soon.
    Interesting. Are you using the stock browser? You should try the Zeus browser. Only about $3 on BBW and handles Flash. I realize that doesn't address directly the rebooting problem, but it might solve yours.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:43 PM
    I don't get it. How can it be a software issue when it does not occur on many other phones with exactly the same hardware and the same OS (including the browser) as yours?

The only explanation IMO is your hardware being _different_ than others, i.e. it was damaged (which can make difference in OS if the damage hardware is a portion of memory, and part of the OS is placed or loaded there).

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    10-30-15 07:16 PM
    I don't get it. How can it be a software issue when it does not occur on many other phones with exactly the same hardware and the same OS (including the browser) as yours?

The only explanation IMO is your hardware being _different_ than others, i.e. it was damaged (which can make difference in OS if the damage hardware is a portion of memory, and part of the OS is placed or loaded there).

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    It's a real mystery. We don't know what percentage of SEs have the rebooting problem. Could be a very high percentage, with most users, maybe not the ones like us who frequent forums like this, just accepting occasional reboots as something that happens with computers.

Maybe there's a design flaw, or as you imply, some chips that are defective in such a way as to interact with the OS and cause the reboots. Maybe it's all happening in one production run. It's difficult to explain why some devices, including some unknown number of SE Passports, seem to have no reboots. How do we explain that the reboot problem with some of the early OG Passports went away immediately with an OS upgrade? Or that some SE devices, like mine, were rebooting frequently early on, and now only reboot rarely, going over a week with heavy use without a reboot? The last time mine rebooted was over a week ago, and it was when I set the notification to Silent from Normal, and I had noticed before it rebooted that the listed ringtone had changed without my having done anything.

BlackBerry support didn't think my reboots were a hardware problem, but offered to replace the SE if that's what I wanted. (I didn't, because of the hassle and because I didn't want another SE with a different defect. And they told me to do a fresh OS install, which I didn't do, also because of the hassle, and because I had gone 10 days without a reboot.)

My sense of this is that there is a hardware issue with some unknown number of SE Passports, maybe even all of them, despite that the SE and OG hardware is supposed to be identical. It may be a hardware issue that only shows up with some particular installed software, or when the user is doing something with the device, like changing a notification setting, and that operation is taking place in the site of the hardware that has the defect.

Sometimes an OS upgrade can work around a hardware issue or incompatibility. I'm not expecting that this will occur in this case. I can live with occasional reboots, and if I'm going to get a replacement would prefer to get one from a later or different production run, if there is one.

It's too bad that BlackBerry doesn't do more to identify the problem. You'd think they would want to know, but they seem to have other priorities right now, like promoting the Priv and trying to stay in business.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn likes this.
    10-30-15 08:52 PM

My sense of this is that there is a hardware issue with some unknown number of SE Passports, maybe even all of them, despite that the SE and OG hardware is supposed to be identical. It may be a hardware issue that only shows up with some particular installed software, or when the user is doing something with the device, like changing a notification setting, and that operation is taking place in the site of the hardware that has the defect.

Sometimes an OS upgrade can work around a hardware issue or incompatibility.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I think. Thank you.
    10-30-15 09:37 PM
    I deleted every single app on my phone, including the ones that come installed with the OS like Facebook and Twitter. The only ones left are the ones you can't delete. Still getting reboots 3-4 times per day so I think that rules out apps.
    11-05-15 01:49 PM
    I deleted every single app on my phone, including the ones that come installed with the OS like Facebook and Twitter. The only ones left are the ones you can't delete. Still getting reboots 3-4 times per day so I think that rules out apps.
    You've done a clean OS install previously, and now you've removed all but stock apps, and you still get reboots. You could still have some residual stuff, maybe, although unlikely.

I guess you could take one last stab at it and do a 10.3.2.2789 autoloader OS install rather than via Link, don't restore anything at all from backup, and then if you're still getting the reboots, it's time to get a replacement.

I haven't had a single reboot now for two full weeks, fingers crossed. That's why I don't think it's hardware in my case.

This rebooting issue is like having a stomach ache. It can be anything, from something you ate to something very serious, but the symptom itself doesn't give the answer.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:58 PM
    I guess you could take one last stab at it and do a 10.3.2.2789 autoloader OS install rather than via Link, don't restore anything at all from backup, and then if you're still getting the reboots, it's time to get a replacement.
    I think I'm going to try the system wipe one more time with no backup and see what happens.

It's so unpredictable. Last night it took me three tries (my phone rebooted twice) to write one short e-mail. But then other times it will go a day or two without a reboot.
    11-06-15 06:09 PM
    I think I'm going to try the system wipe one more time with no backup and see what happens.

It's so unpredictable. Last night it took me three tries (my phone rebooted twice) to write one short e-mail. But then other times it will go a day or two without a reboot.
    I really suggest you do an autoloader of 2789 and forget the wipe. An autoloader effectively wipes it, anyway. But the autoloader would clear out the old OS stuff and not just data. Then if you're still getting reboots, it's hardware, period.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:37 PM
102 12345