11-01-16 10:01 AM
43 12
tools
    I love this phone!
    My friends couldn't get the eyes off it even they have the iphone 7's and galaxy 7's... I have a second se already just in case BlackBerry stops the production. I would even sponsor the r&d department to continue this great platform.
    Have to say this as I think it should be done not once but million times.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 11:33 AM
    It is a great phone.... but it is out of production now.

How many millions would you be willing to send in to BlackBerry to keep from shutting down the hardware division as they announced?
    10-20-16 11:47 AM
    If I were a billionaire with 10 billion to spare, I'd commission BlackBerry to make passport 2 with hypervisor and bb11, with plenty of funds to spare to revamp the app store and advertise properly.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    YesAndNo likes this.
    10-20-16 12:11 PM
    If I were a billionaire with 10 billion to spare, I'd commission BlackBerry to make passport 2 with hypervisor and bb11, with plenty of funds to spare to revamp the app store and advertise properly.

You could probably do something better than that with ten billion dollars...
    10-20-16 12:13 PM
    Not as much as warren buffet but I always say yes to things I believe in and in BlackBerry I do. No nned to talk about money here. I like the great BlackBerry community and all the people who stick with this company even in hard times.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 12:33 PM
    If I were that rich, I wouldn't care.

If I were a trillionaire, i'd do a hostile takeover of Google, buy out BlackBerry, merge them, and FORCE Google to merge android into bb11. Google's pixel phone strategy would do wonders to bb11.

Again, just a dream.

anon(8050899) likes this.
    10-20-16 12:38 PM
    I've had the first black Blackberry Passport and loved it, but I just ordered the silver edition today. There's something so beautiful about it. And the retro looking design really makes it look like an old Leica camera. Can't wait for it to arrive!
    10-20-16 12:41 PM
    I've had the first black Blackberry Passport and loved it, but I just ordered the silver edition today. There's something so beautiful about it. And the retro looking design really makes it look like an old Leica camera. Can't wait for it to arrive!
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. I had the black OG before losing it a couple weeks ago. So, good timing with this clearance sale.

I find the back of the SE more slippery than the black OG's rubbery texture, but I think I'm in the minority. The diamond back does look better.

The build quality seems to be a notch above earlier Passports... very nice.
    10-20-16 12:52 PM
    I had the first Passport, but ordered the Silver Edition as soon as it was announced. To me, everything about it is better. I like the feel of the keyboard, the thickness of the device as a whole, and the stainless steel case is just as eye-catching as the first Passport. I think this is some of the best hardware ever coming from BlackBerry (though I know some people have had screen lift issues).

I was going to get an iPhone 7 Plus in jet black but now I'm going to wait for new qwerty device if it comes out soon enough, since the Passport is more than enough to keep me happy for a while.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo and Heavens1 like this.
    10-20-16 12:53 PM
    It does look Leica!

Posted via CB10
    sjohnvivian likes this.
    10-20-16 03:22 PM
    I have two Passports. Great devices and workhorse. Sad that the production has stopped and soon it will become history.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    10-20-16 05:27 PM
    There's something so beautiful about it. And the retro looking design really makes it look like an old Leica camera. Can't wait for it to arrive!
    And it looks So Fine in a leatherback case. this is the one I just got:

IMAK For BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition Luxury PU Leather Back Cover Case | eBay
    10-21-16 07:08 AM
    Passport - The first revolutionary design ever made on a mobile device in a world of boring glass slabs.

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    DarkJoker33 and Heavens1 like this.
    10-21-16 07:30 AM
    Passport - The first revolutionary design ever made on a mobile device in a world of boring glass slabs.

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    It's a great looking phone.... but revolutionary design?

Trend is to make phone bigger... BlackBerry took the Q10 and blew it up. Now the touch sensitive keyboard is cool on a phone... but that to, has been around for a while. So the Passport is kinda like an evolutionary step for keyboard powered phones... too bad the evolutionary branch is a dead end.

Last "revolutionary" thing BlackBerry did (that I can think of) was the press to click screens on the STORMS.... (more out of necessity for their OS)
    10-21-16 11:53 AM
    Just came back from the chiropractor's office. When I walked in I put down my PP and she said to the effect: "What a great-looking phone! What phone is that?" After telling her she replied, "A Blackberry? I thought they stopped making phones a long time ago!" And so it continues....the Passport, one of the best kept secrets.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    10-21-16 02:55 PM
    Yes, it's a great piece of engineering. Pity it didn't come with wireless charging. But great non the less.

I wish I could spare $300 for an extra one just to have a brand new in the box one.
    10-21-16 03:46 PM
    Isn't the att version capable of wireless charging?

10-21-16 04:20 PM
    The Passport is a great design, with great features - it's too bad that it's going to die with BB10. It deserves much better.
    10-21-16 05:32 PM
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying your phone.
    10-21-16 06:46 PM
    You could probably do something better than that with ten billion dollars...
    You could give it to me.
    10-21-16 06:47 PM

Yeah but I thought we're talking about the Silver Edition.
    10-21-16 09:24 PM
    Passport Silver Edition is the Best BlackBerry ever for me
    (Classic with quadcore processor will be a no brainer the best BlackBerry ever for me)

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    10-21-16 09:59 PM
    For what it's worth, I think the SE camera is the best phone camera I've used. I prefer it's picture quality to my iPhone 6s+.

I don't think I can find better, unless I track down a lumia cm1, which I hear is an awesome camera but lousy phone.

10-22-16 12:09 AM

Yes. I use a Samsung wireless to charge mine.

Posted with a AT&T Passport.
    10-22-16 09:37 AM

It was truly a real huge screw up on Chen's part to not include wireless charging on all Passports. Even the Classic. (If it doesn't have it) SMH

What was he thinking?

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    10-22-16 09:57 AM
43 12