Hi All,

How does your Seidio surface case fit your Blackberry Passport? Mine has about a millimetre of space to slide up or down from within the case (especially apparent when you push down from the power button hole, and push up from where you can insert the micro USB). As well, it makes creaking noises when held in certain angles and feels hollow at certain parts (usually on the left side near the seam where the case connects).

Do your cases experience these issues as well? If it's just my case that is defective, does anyone know if I can get a refund or a replacement?

Thanks in advance!
    01-13-15 07:44 PM
    Did you separate the two pieces when you first put the phone in the case? I did, and found that the phone kept moving in the case. I solved this by taking off the case, using superglue to reattach the two halves of the case. I then forced the phone into the case. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:55 PM
    Did you separate the two pieces when you first put the phone in the case? I did, and found that the phone kept moving in the case. I solved this by taking off the case, using superglue to reattach the two halves of the case. I then forced the phone into the case. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    That can't be the only way to fix this issue :s how do you take the phone out of the case now?
    01-13-15 09:31 PM
    I stick a small piece of 0.8mm thickness tape to the inside of one of the case.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport Seidio Surface Case Issues-img_20150113_230719.jpg  
    01-13-15 10:05 PM
    I stick a small piece of 0.8mm thickness tape to the inside of one of the case.
    If this works 100%, and it is a widespread manufacturing defect, you should contact seidio and let them know that they forgot that piece of tape lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    GeoK and InfiniteRefrain like this.
    01-13-15 10:56 PM
    Hi All,

How does your Seidio surface case fit your Blackberry Passport? Mine has about a millimetre of space to slide up or down from within the case (especially apparent when you push down from the power button hole, and push up from where you can insert the micro USB). As well, it makes creaking noises when held in certain angles and feels hollow at certain parts (usually on the left side near the seam where the case connects).

Do your cases experience these issues as well? If it's just my case that is defective, does anyone know if I can get a refund or a replacement?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Heartsthat,

The SURFACE case shouldn't be loose and should fit snugly against your BlackBerry Passport. All of our cases are covered by a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects and you can contact our customer service department at 832-204-1118 and one of our representatives will be able to assist you in getting a replacement.
    GeoK, Carjackd and heartsthat like this.
    01-14-15 09:54 AM
    Don't play with your case.
    If you have problems, contact Seidio right away.
    Altering your case in any way...voids the warranty.
    01-14-15 10:55 AM
    I have the exact same problem and I have two phones and cases. I cut a wide elastic band and placed a piece at the top of the case and on the left side by the seam. I think all of the cases are defective in design not in manufacturing so unless they redo the entire process any replacement is likely to have the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:20 PM
    Hi Heartsthat,

The SURFACE case shouldn't be loose and should fit snugly against your BlackBerry Passport. All of our cases are covered by a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects and you can contact our customer service department at 832-204-1118 and one of our representatives will be able to assist you in getting a replacement.
    Hi Seido!

As I am at work for most of the day, is there an email address I can contact instead of calling a number? This would be more convenient for me to communicate my concerns.

Thanks again!
    01-14-15 08:27 PM
    Hi Seido!

As I am at work for most of the day, is there an email address I can contact instead of calling a number? This would be more convenient for me to communicate my concerns.

Thanks again!
    We apologize for the issues you are having with your case, but we'd like to assure you this is an isolated incident that affects a small number of cases. We'd be happy to get you a replacement case when you contact our customer relations department. You can email them at [email protected]. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us or reply to this thread.

Thank you!
    GeoK and heartsthat like this.
    01-15-15 12:28 PM
    Ok so get this. I just called to get my 2 replacement surface cases that have this issue and was told to contact crackberry where I bought them for replacement. I then asked have they corrected the issue with the cases and he said they were not aware an issue exists! Wow

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 03:16 PM
    Ok so get this. I just called to get my 2 replacement surface cases that have this issue and was told to contact crackberry where I bought them for replacement. I then asked have they corrected the issue with the cases and he said they were not aware an issue exists! Wow

Posted via CB10
    Should have pointed them at this thread, as one post above you is seidio's official account here.

Or why not speak with seidioseidio directly? Via pm?
    It's possible the cases need to be recalled.. (crackberry's stock)

How would seidio know about the defect if this is the first report? And these reports haven't been confirmed on seidio's end yet. I've had good experience with seidio, hope you get you issues corrected. The faster the problem is confirmed the faster seidio can remedy the issue.

Perhaps it is like the above user said - maybe they forgot a piece felt during the manufacturing process.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-15-15 03:44 PM
    They know because they have read the posts here and have asked those of us who have issues to call or email them for a replacement. When you call as they have asked us to do, you are told to contact the retailer where you purchased the case. I have always had a surface case and holster with the exception of the Z30 so I hope they get the issue resolved. Rather than give the instructions above they could have simply said contact your retailer for a replacement saving us the runaround time and a long distance call from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 04:02 PM
    They know because they have read the posts here and have asked those of us who have issues to call or email them for a replacement. When you call as they have asked us to do, you are told to contact the retailer where you purchased the case. I have always had a surface case and holster with the exception of the Z30 so I hope they get the issue resolved. Rather than give the instructions above they could have simply said contact your retailer for a replacement saving us the runaround time and a long distance call from Canada.

Posted via CB10
    We just sent you a private message to help you get the replacements. Please let us know if you have any further questions for us. Thanks!
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-16-15 04:10 PM
    We just sent you a private message to help you get the replacements. Please let us know if you have any further questions for us. Thanks!
    I have received a PM from seidio with instructions to have my 2 cases replaced, thank you seido I will let everyone know how things work out but judging by how quickly and professionally they have responded I'm optimistic things will work out great!

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh, stratax and seidioseidio like this.
    01-17-15 08:51 AM
    I've neither received a response to my email to their customer service department, nor to my sending the Seido person responding to this chain a PM.
    01-17-15 04:21 PM
    THIS is why I buy Seidio cases!!!
    Excellent reach out and service!

seidioseidio likes this.
    01-18-15 04:41 PM
    We apologize for the issues you are having with your case, but we'd like to assure you this is an isolated incident that affects a small number of cases. We'd be happy to get you a replacement case when you contact our customer relations department. You can email them at [email protected]. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us or reply to this thread.

Thank you!
    Hi again Seidio team,

I've emailed the address as you've suggested, and the response told me to contact my place of purchase for returns/replacements. Since I purchased the case from Amazon, who in turn sold the case to me from a third party vendor, which party do I contact for support?

For everyone else wondering, after you email the address as posted by the official Seidio account, the response links you to the following website. Hopefully this will answer some questions before you guys send the email:
    SEIDIO | Warranty & Replacement Information
    01-19-15 08:59 PM
    I've neither received a response to my email to their customer service department, nor to my sending the Seido person responding to this chain a PM.
    We apologize for the delay. We sent you a PM yesterday morning. Please let us know if you received the message. We'd be happy to send another one if needed.
    01-20-15 08:02 AM
    Hi again Seidio team,

I've emailed the address as you've suggested, and the response told me to contact my place of purchase for returns/replacements. Since I purchased the case from Amazon, who in turn sold the case to me from a third party vendor, which party do I contact for support?

For everyone else wondering, after you email the address as posted by the official Seidio account, the response links you to the following website. Hopefully this will answer some questions before you guys send the email:
    SEIDIO | Warranty & Replacement Information
    We're going to send you a PM to help get you the replacement. Please let us know if we can do anything else to help!
    01-20-15 08:05 AM
    I just received my Surface case and belt clip combo from Amazon. The Passport fits perfectly, not loose at all. I like the feel of the case. Good job.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    01-22-15 11:17 AM
    I just received my Surface case and belt clip combo from Amazon. The Passport fits perfectly, not loose at all. I like the feel of the case. Good job.
    I purchased mine from Amazon as well and it fits perfectly.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    01-22-15 01:12 PM
    I filled out the warranty form as instructed in the PM 5 days ago and have not heard anything back yet...I'm hoping they have sent out my two replacements...I will post when I hear back or have received replacements from Seidio

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 01:32 PM
    I just received mine from Amazon as well, and it is also a bit loose. You can hear and feel the Passport sliding in the case. It's an imperceptible amount, but it is still a defect that seems to be rampant.
    01-22-15 02:35 PM
    It's this sort of service that will keep me going back to Seidio!! Not to mention the Super stealthy look my passport has in a Black Surface Case!

Great work ladies and gentlemen!

Executive Producer of a Bunch of Losers for a BBM Group that doesn't Exist via My Passport
    01-22-15 03:10 PM
61 123