But that doesn't sound like a recipe for 2 more years of support. I'm just playing devil's advocate, simply questioning the timeframe.
    In the Android world, you're guaranteed two years of OTA updates and three years of security patches... (and this was big news when it was announced because many manufacturers didn't even update after one year)

Google Announces New Update Policy For Nexus Devices Including Monthly Security Patches For 3 Years And Major OTAs For 2 Years From Release

Passport was released September 2014, which puts September 2016 as a "fair" date for end of major OS update support. (Though it does sound like BB10 major updates ended probably before the PRIV was released.)
    04-28-16 08:11 PM
    BlackBerry is totally focused on new models customers, flooding them with interesting news and updates, while that is good for those users, it's been done sacrificing other loyal customers like those of us who bought Passport; we feel we've dumped and ignored by BlackBerry marketing.

Wrong move, customers loyalty is a must for any company, as a loyal customer, I demand support and information for my device...

Posted via CB10
    Oh, ffs, the Passport was never marketed at, nor was it ever really suitable for fashionista 'iPhone inspired smartphone show offs whose affections for their phone depend solely on the number of admiring glances and comments they get from others. It is a business device - period. Those of us who have one and use one daily - for its intended purpose, it's functionality - are perfectly happy to pull it out, use it and not give a damn whether the people sitting next to them fail to comment or care about what phone I choose to use (which, incidentally is not always the case - people have asked). Since when did email, texts, phoning, recording, surfing, picture and video taking, music listening, gaming, diarising, working, sat naving ....ad infinum need supporting and continued marketing? The PP does all of this and a whole lot more besides. Some of us are VERY happy with this multi-functional PP computer/phoning device - no matter how long ago it came out- and have no intention of changing to something more 'fashionable' just because some insecure types can only feel 'human' when they treat their handset more like a handbag.
    zyad, xKingHopy, AYC2112 and 2 others like this.
    05-01-16 04:07 AM
    My personal experience using the PP has been awesome, it does everything that it's supposed to do, I just wish that BlackBerry extends the life of PP with newer functions for business.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 08:33 PM
    Well at least they're not stuck on android 4.3...
    Seriously, even a phone from 2010 can run android 4.3 better than the passport.
    Android runtime upgrade is the standard??? It is additional capability!!!

Posted via Priv...
    05-02-16 03:47 AM
    8830<9650<9810<Playbook64<Q10<Passport
    05-03-16 12:03 AM
    To Susan Parker

Amen...that is why I bought a second one a spare.

Well said

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 01:19 AM
    I would consider the Priv if it didn't feel so cheap -- especially the keyboard.
    It doesn't look or feel like any of the past BlackBerry PKBs which makes me worried about the durability.
    As long as the PKB does not double type all is good

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 01:29 AM
    Post #27 couldn't have said it better. I totally agree.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:17 AM
    Oh, ffs, the Passport was never marketed at, nor was it ever really suitable for fashionista 'iPhone inspired smartphone show offs whose affections for their phone depend solely on the number of admiring glances and comments they get from others. It is a business device - period. Those of us who have one and use one daily - for its intended purpose, it's functionality - are perfectly happy to pull it out, use it and not give a damn whether the people sitting next to them fail to comment or care about what phone I choose to use (which, incidentally is not always the case - people have asked). Since when did email, texts, phoning, recording, surfing, picture and video taking, music listening, gaming, diarising, working, sat naving ....ad infinum need supporting and continued marketing? The PP does all of this and a whole lot more besides. Some of us are VERY happy with this multi-functional PP computer/phoning device - no matter how long ago it came out- and have no intention of changing to something more 'fashionable' just because some insecure types can only feel 'human' when they treat their handset more like a handbag.
    I think that the days of a smartphones being considered as a status symbol are long gone. Maybe in high school.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 05-03-16 at 10:56 PM.
    05-03-16 10:44 PM
    Your sad attempt at categorizing everyone who doesn't use a BlackBerry makes you look more like a reckless fanboi. Only thing Passport has better than other devices is the physical keyboard, which I miss. Otherwise, I'm just as efficient on Android. Not what you want to hear, but yup, it's true.
    05-03-16 11:37 PM
    snip
    05-03-16 11:43 PM
    The Passport was, and is, a charming mutant..
    I LOVE this description! It so accurately conveys how I feel about the Passport! Ive got the white and silver editions and I love them dearly! I dont use either of them as my daily driver anymore, but i do keep the SE in its charging dock on wi-fi for use around the house.
    05-03-16 11:47 PM
    I LOVE this description! It so accurately conveys how I feel about the Passport! Ive got the white and silver editions and I love them dearly! I dont use either of them as my daily driver anymore, but i do keep the SE in its charging dock on wi-fi for use around the house.
    What is your daily driver now?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 11:26 AM
    Do you all think that the Passport (any version) or the Classic has sold more??

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 03:33 PM
    That's unfair. As it is, I have owned other types of phones in the past - not smart phones though.
    05-05-16 06:21 PM
    Do you all think that the Passport (any version) or the Classic has sold more??

Posted via CB10
    Tough question but I believe there was a time when Chen said something to the effect that the Classic had sold better (I'm sorry-don't have the link--or I could be wrong!) but I would like to think that they sold about equally to date. Regardless, however, neither of them sold enough.
    05-05-16 07:06 PM
    Tough question but I believe there was a time when Chen said something to the effect that the Classic had sold better (I'm sorry-don't have the link--or I could be wrong!) but I would like to think that they sold about equally to date. Regardless, however, neither of them sold enough.
    In one of Chen's interviews with American media he mentioned that the Classic sold 2:1 compared to the Passport. Neither sold well enough, sadly. Well, at least the Passport is a suitable device to go out on. Lots of BlackBerry innovation, kinda oddball. It reminds me of Nokia killing Symbian with the 808 PureView.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-05-16 07:28 PM
    In one of Chen's interviews with American media he mentioned that the Classic sold 2:1 compared to the Passport. Neither sold well enough, sadly. Well, at least the Passport is a suitable device to go out on. Lots of BlackBerry innovation, kinda oddball. It reminds me of Nokia killing Symbian with the 808 PureView.

Posted via CB10
    I could believe that the Classic sold more than the Passport. The Passport is one of those really niche devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 09:32 PM
43 12