BlackBerry is totally focused on new models customers, flooding them with interesting news and updates, while that is good for those users, it's been done sacrificing other loyal customers like those of us who bought Passport; we feel we've dumped and ignored by BlackBerry marketing.

Wrong move, customers loyalty is a must for any company, as a loyal customer, I demand support and information for my device...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 06:51 AM
    BlackBerry has repeatedly promised 10.3.3 and 10.3.4, and all of their BB10 tech support lines are still open.

What new information are you looking for them to provide you with on what is almost a two year old device?
    04-27-16 06:53 AM
    How many other phones from September 2014 are still front and center?
    04-27-16 07:15 AM
    How many other phones from September 2014 are still front and center?
    Well at least they're not stuck on android 4.3...
    Seriously, even a phone from 2010 can run android 4.3 better than the passport.
    04-27-16 07:19 AM
    Well at least they're not stuck on android 4.3...
    Seriously, even a phone from 2010 can run android 4.3 better than the passport.
    BlackBerry has long been transparent that the Android Runtime will not be upgraded any further. The general consensus is that they are not permitted to do so, based on OHA regulations.
    04-27-16 07:37 AM
    everyone repeat that... but seriously - could you please send any link to those OHA regulations?
    gugomat likes this.
    04-27-16 09:09 AM
    everyone repeat that... but seriously - could you please send any link to those OHA regulations?
    There is no complete document with a bow on it. It is not a public contract. One can only look at some pieces of it that have leaked over the years, and look at the legal action Google has taken in the past.
    04-27-16 11:23 AM
    Wrong move, customers loyalty is a must for any company, as a loyal customer, I demand support and information for my device...

Posted via CB10
    Whilst this is definitely true, the Passport is fast becoming a legacy device. Although BB10 will be supported for years to come, the time has really come for BlackBerry to move ahead with Android. I moved from a Passport to Priv, and with the release of Marshmallow, I can honestly say that the Priv is a much better and smoother overall device.

If a Passport 2 was released with Android, I would likely buy it....
    04-27-16 07:11 PM
    I'm shocked they don't give us the choice to dual boot android or OS10. Not sure why they can't do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 07:20 PM
    I'm shocked they don't give us the choice to dual boot android or OS10. Not sure why they can't do that.

Posted via CB10
    Realistically speaking, why would you want to dual boot? The Android-powered Priv is rock solid secure, fast and more capable than the BB10 Passport. There is nothing to be gained by BlackBerry maintaining a dual-boot system.

Give the Priv a shot, it's really an amazing BlackBerry device.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    04-27-16 07:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Would be an additional cost center when BB is trying to be lean. Plus Google won't certify 1:1 ratio screens so it can't come with the Playstore.
    04-27-16 07:28 PM
    I don't care for the Hub on the Priv. The Priv is a top flight phone, but the Hub I have grown to love on my PP is just not up to speed on the Priv. At least not yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 07:40 PM
    Realistically speaking, why would you want to dual boot? The Android-powered Priv is rock solid secure, fast and more capable than the BB10 Passport. There is nothing to be gained by BlackBerry maintaining a dual-boot system.

Give the Priv a shot, it's really an amazing BlackBerry device.
    It also costs 700 bucks.
    04-27-16 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Cost of porting BB10 to Priv, mostly.
    04-27-16 08:54 PM
    I would consider the Priv if it didn't feel so cheap -- especially the keyboard.
    It doesn't look or feel like any of the past BlackBerry PKBs which makes me worried about the durability.
    04-27-16 09:50 PM
    Although BB10 will be supported for years to come
    How do you know that?
    04-27-16 10:54 PM
    How do you know that?
    Sure it will be supported, by BlackBerry of course, which doesn't really matter because BlackBerry isn't a major app company.
    04-27-16 11:58 PM
    How do you know that?
    Because BlackBerry said so. OS 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 are scheduled for release.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    04-28-16 10:31 AM
    Because BlackBerry said so. OS 10.3 and 10.4 are scheduled for release.

10.3.3 and 10.3.4.

BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 release date moves to mid-June | CrackBerry.com
    04-28-16 10:36 AM
    I think what we need is a Passport 2.0 device which we are hungry for. Is this what you meant, OP?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 12:34 PM
    The Passport, like all other BB10 devices, was a market failure. I still have and use one, but I certainly don't agree that BlackBerry owes me anything, in terms of updates, beyond routine maintenance. And I seriously doubt that there will be another iteration of the Passport, Android or not. The Passport was, and is, a charming mutant. I often sell used phones but I don't think I'll sell my Passport. It's one of a kind.
    04-28-16 01:53 PM
    Because BlackBerry said so. OS 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 are scheduled for release.

But that doesn't sound like a recipe for 2 more years of support. I'm just playing devil's advocate, simply questioning the timeframe.
    04-28-16 02:00 PM
    The Passport, like all other BB10 devices, was a market failure. I still have and use one, but I certainly don't agree that BlackBerry owes me anything, in terms of updates, beyond routine maintenance. And I seriously doubt that there will be another iteration of the Passport, Android or not. The Passport was, and is, a charming mutant. I often sell used phones but I don't think I'll sell my Passport. It's one of a kind.
    Agree. At the launch I remember them showing a medical use case and I was impressed, but did that ever come to fruition? In my case the device gets way too hot to hold in the top-right corner. Also some of the BB10 apps don't resize correctly for the Passport screen.

On the positive side I find it to be the fastest BB I've used.
    04-28-16 02:03 PM
    Agree. At the launch I remember them showing a medical use case and I was impressed, but did that ever come to fruition? In my case the device gets way too hot to hold in the top-right corner. Also some of the BB10 apps don't resize correctly for the Passport screen.

On the positive side I find it to be the fastest BB I've used.
    It is and always will be the fastest BB10 device ever... wait till you try the PRIV.

I don't know if you have noticed or not, but Chen is prone to highlighting things that might be possible, but just never see the light of day. Even the PRIV... how many OEM show off a phone nine months before it is available? Anyone hear much about those Nanthealth boxes lately, or BlackBerry Experience Suites, BBM Channels or how about QNX Momentics...
    04-28-16 03:27 PM
    I have a work-issued Priv. Still prefer BB10.
    04-28-16 04:00 PM
43 12