Due to a SIM card issue I have, I decided to do a security wipe on my Passport SE. I removed all the files, and started the wipe. It took about 20 - 40 minutes to get to 80%, but around then the problems began. Well, I say problems...

It took around an hour to go from 80% to 85%. 85% to 90% took around 3 hours. 96% took around 2 hours. I went to sleep with it at 97%, and woke up and it was at 98%. 7 hours later, it is still at 98%...

All while "Deleting Data". Which is stupid because I removed all my files! I didn't delete the apps, but the heaviest would of been Spotify with 600mb (I checked this around a week ago).

Is this common? What can I do? Should I be worried? I am at the moment...

Thanks
    03-01-16 08:30 AM
    Having experienced this issue, I really wish I knew the answer. I don't bother to wipe; I simply use the autoloader and let her rip!
    03-01-16 10:46 AM
    Just to make sure I've got this right - should I just leave it, or can I plug it in and run the autoloader? It's still on 98%....
    03-01-16 11:47 AM
    Just to make sure I've got this right - should I just leave it, or can I plug it in and run the autoloader? It's still on 98%....
    This has happened to me. I now just plug in and run the autoloader. Save yourself the aggravation and use Blackberry Link to re-load or an autoloader of your choice from Thurask's repository. The security wipe slowness is an EXTREMELY well known issue. Just search CB and you will see countless threads about this.
    03-01-16 11:53 AM
    What I mean though - is there anything I can do to speed the process up? I'm used to wipes taking an hour or maybe two - but more than a day????

So while it is still in the middle of the wipe - can I run the autoloader?
    03-01-16 11:56 AM
    After it being on 98% for over 12 hours, I've had enough.... so I've plugged it into the computer and hit reload in Link. Link told me to reset the device, and now its backing up apps.... fingers crossed!!
    03-01-16 12:06 PM
    Just directly autoloader it. Never mind the percentage you're in now. Do it and save yourself the unnecessary pain.

Next time never ever wipe your device. Just autoloader it. Do not even back it up with BlackBerry Link. Use "Ultimate Backup for BlackBerry 10" from the BlackBerry World if ye wanna backup anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 12:07 PM
    did you cancel the password before secure wipe?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 01:10 PM
    So, because it's doing the wipe, the autoloader can't connect to the bootloader. The reset that Link told me to do just simply restarted the process....

did you cancel the password before secure wipe?
    That's an interesting point - I didn't. But I didn't think that it would matter, seeing as a wipe is what happens if you get the password wrong 10 times....
    03-02-16 02:39 AM
    Ok! So I've got it to work!!! I'm very thankfully seeing as I brought it in the UK yet live in Argentina... was not looking forward to sending my phone to my relations over there if I couldn't fix it!

Anyway, for anyone with this problem, this is how I fixed it:

It was using the autoloader, so download one, or make one using sachesi and the debrick, radio, core files etc. There are tutorials on this site on how to do it.

Plug your phone into your computer via usb. Run the autoloader, and it will stick at connecting to bootloader (which is the first step).

Hold the power button on your phone until it has turned on and off two or three times (I did three, but two may work. I tried one first and it didn't work).

If you're successful, after a few seconds the light will turn green, and the autoloader will be connected. If it starts the wipe again, try holding the power button down again as above.

Hope this helps someone stuck on this - I wouldn't wish it on anyone
    03-02-16 05:42 AM
    hi care to share the link to the tutorials and download link?
    also have the problem its been 4 days now stays on 99%
    03-10-16 02:57 AM
    I had this problem too, it-s The software. I sent my passport to service and they re-softed The device and now it's okay.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 01:54 PM
    This worked like a charm, how frustrating to leave it for 10 hours and get stuck at 98%.

Autoloader and its done, sweet
    03-18-16 08:46 AM
    yes for the first time
    when i do it take more than 48 hours :/
    03-18-16 09:04 AM