Dear forumers,

My passport was feeling a bit strange a few days ago, maybe it as an OS issue like I'm not getting proper notifications via WhatsApp if the app itself isn't turned on and other minor issues.

So i decided to do a restore. I lauched blackberry link and was prompted to do a security wipe when i tried to restore the software. I did that, and my passport is still wiping after 24 hours...

Is there anyway for me to stop the process, maybe even bricked it, and i restore the OS via sachesi? I've tried turning it on and off and it only restarts the wiping process... now its been 24 hours, and its still wiping... what now?
    09-08-15 08:25 PM
    Try using an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 08:28 PM
    Restart the phone or open link and plug it in, go to preferences and reload device software. That rebooted my Z30 when a wipe was taking way too long and it restarted the wipe but finished in no time.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    09-08-15 08:31 PM
    I would just keep it charged and let it do its thing. My Classic was at 99 % for two days I think it was a total of 4 days because the first night I left it unchanged and the battery died so the next morning it froze but it's up and running now.
    Used it for the weekend but went back to my pp se for the week.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 08:58 PM
    Done, got myself an autoloader and now its back to normal... thanks for the advice!
    09-08-15 10:05 PM
    The thing with BlackBerrys on BB10 is that they take gazillion time to back up and restore files/OS. I always start the back up of my files (less than worth of 32 GB) from night and hoping it will finish by the next morning. It think it's all because of "encrypting" the files. Man, this is not something you will see in a mission impossible scene!
    09-09-15 05:44 AM
    I suggest never wiping as it seems they are using military grade erase, take forever. And if you ever do make sure you have another phone to use for a week lol.
    09-09-15 07:31 AM
    Doing a security wipe should not take overnight or even several hours. If it does, something is wrong.
    09-09-15 03:57 PM
    Doing a security wipe should not take overnight or even several hours. If it does, something is wrong.
    Not on BlackBerry lately.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    09-09-15 04:05 PM
    BlackBerry must be doing something wrong then...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-09-15 07:33 PM
    im facing the same . guess im no longer a bb user ! what a frustration !
    09-04-16 03:45 PM
    Try this method. I read it somewhere in CB and hat copied it. It is functioning . Only a picture but... read and try

BBQ & PP B, Germany
    09-04-16 04:51 PM
    OK. I'm afraid I have t write

1. Start Link and don't connect at this moment with your mobile
    2. Now press power off of your mobile
    3. Wait the moment your mobile just want to start again the security wipe and shows the red notification light
    4. Now connect quickly your mobile with your computer
    5. The connection process won't work and shows some error notification. This is a good sign
    6. You will become the options "reconnect" and "reload"
    7. Push reload!
    8. Your mobile wil reset again but won't go again into the security wipe
    9. You will become a green flash light... now it is on the right way

This all sounds odd but it has function with my device. Try this. Maybe twice, but the moment you get this error and then the green flash, all is on the right way

I can't find the place where I had copied the picture so... again my thanks to the guy who posted this possibility and saved my mobile

BBQ & PP B, Germany
    09-04-16 05:04 PM
    Try this method. I read it somewhere in CB and hat copied it. It is functioning . Only a picture but... read and try

BBQ & PP B, Germany
    Is there a picture?

Posted by my majestic Passport
    09-04-16 05:48 PM
    I did a wipe last week, it took about 30 minutes only. My sim was out and wifi was off. Hope this helps.
    09-04-16 09:49 PM
    Is there a picture?

Posted by my majestic Passport
    Couldn't load it up. Read the following text

BBQ & PP B, Germany
    09-05-16 01:16 AM