Now that the SE edition has been out for awhile, I'd like to hear feedback from users who upgraded to the SE.

Are the differences noticeable enough to justify paying for the SE edition?

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-18-15 04:37 PM
    I don't have the SE, but one of my friends does. To be honest, it is worth it if you want a little bit more space at the bottom of the keyboard and you just don't like the original.

I'll admit, I'm fine with my red Passport, but after typing constantly for 20+ minutes, like when texting, it becomes difficult and begins to hurt because the side points start digging into my palm.

There does not seem to be any performance between mine & his, the rest comes down to whether or not you like the look of it', which I personally hate...

& if you have the money, but I don't really see the point, to be honest.

I would recommend if the design of the original is a turn off and if you are having trouble with the original keyboard. Otherwise speaker quality, screen and performance all are to par or negligible (I can't tell any difference)

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-18-15 04:43 PM
    Now that the SE edition has been out for awhile, I'd like to hear feedback from users who upgraded to the SE.

Get the priv... I have a red passport and I am gonna upgrade it

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 05:08 PM
    It's worth it if you have the disposable cash to make it worth it. I wouldn't suggest getting into debt to own one, but it's such a beautifully made device!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    10-18-15 06:34 PM
    I am OK with the form factor, but heard the keys click a lot better. The only challenge I have is getting it in and out of a front pant pocket when sitting, otherwise all is good.

I now can type pretty fast as well but do notice the keys require a fair bit of pressure.

10-18-15 06:42 PM
    Get the priv... I have a red passport and I am gonna upgrade it

Posted via CB10
    I was holding out to get it, hoping it had BB10. At this point not interested in Android, but love the look of the phone and think the concept of both virtual and physical BlackBerry keyboards is good idea.

10-18-15 06:45 PM
    It's worth it if you have the disposable cash to make it worth it. I wouldn't suggest getting into debt to own one, but it's such a beautifully made device!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    There are a lot of things I wouldn't go into debt to get, a cell phone is one of them. I wish I could get my hands on one just to try the keyboard and get a sense of the feel.

jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-18-15 06:46 PM

The keyboard is much better. I have the Original, the Red, the AT&T and the SE versions and with each increment the keyboard has improved.

I also prefer the bigger bottom chin and the rounded corners on the bottom to the Original and the Red versions.
    10-18-15 07:01 PM
    I really like the naked look of the original with black and silver accents. I am personally not huge fan of the look of the red but that is personal preference.

I am intrigued by the rounded corners and curious how the phone feels (for balance) with the extra chin room.

10-18-15 07:08 PM
    The keyboard is much better. I have the Original, the Red, the AT&T and the SE versions and with each increment the keyboard has improved.

I also prefer the bigger bottom chin and the rounded corners on the bottom to the Original and the Red versions.
    Wait, are you implying that the red has a different/better keyboard than black? I always thought the original referred to the black/red/white.

Back on topic, the keyboard on the Silver Edition is definitely much more user friendly. They keys are softer and for long multiple messages, the Silver Edition is definitely more comfortable.

However, I 'downgraded' from the Silver Edition to a white Passport because I had auto-restart issues with both of the Silver Editions that I received. So far, my white Passport has been trouble-free which makes it hard for me to recommend the SE to anybody.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:40 PM
    I just read a forum about the auto-restart issue, wasn't aware but it is disappointing.

My understanding is the Black, Red, White are the same as well.

10-18-15 08:32 PM
    Sent my SE back and got the iphone 6s Plus. Today I returned the idevice and bought another SE w/ cases and dock on CL for $350. Has 2 nicks in corners but still a great deal. Feels good to be typing this on it. Lesson is if you look around you can start finding these at good deals around town.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    10-18-15 08:35 PM
    Did you have an original Passport before these SEs?

10-18-15 09:02 PM
    I just read a forum about the auto-restart issue, wasn't aware but it is disappointing.

My understanding is the Black, Red, White are the same as well.

I think there are only a few threads on the auto-restart issue and I was one of the thread starters. Although there has been complaints of the issue, it doesn't seem to be a very widespread issue since not as many people complaining about it compared to screen lifts.

However, I think it's something that you should be aware and keep in mind when purchasing an SE. The problem seems to appear for most people within the first couple weeks of use because assuming that it's a hardware issue, the product would be faulty on arrival and noticeable early on.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 07:13 AM
    there are 2 main differences between passport and passport silver edition. The first one is the shape. I like silver edition more than the old one. the second is the keyboard. keyboard on silver is much softer than that on passport. if you often do typing on your phone, so the silver will give you better feeling.
    10-19-15 10:27 AM
    Now I just need to determine if the better typing experience is worth the $500.

I used to notice the PP keys seemed hard to press and to have a sticky type feeling (save your comments). But now I don't even notice and think the typing experience is quite enjoyable.

Does the softer keys allow you to type one-handed (again save comments) easily?

I use both hands to type on keyboard. Thumb on supporting hand and index finger on the other.

10-19-15 11:50 AM
    Main differences are in build quality and typing experience. I've had every variant and the se has the best keyboard hands down.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    10-19-15 01:22 PM
    The OG feels like a prototype compared to the SE now in my opinion. The overall feel is better. The keys are much more pleasant to use. Couldnt go back if I tried. Sold our OG passports on kijiji, along with the freebies BlackBerry through in, the overall cost was not a lot.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:29 PM
    Now I just need to determine if the better typing experience is worth the $500.

I used to notice the PP keys seemed hard to press and to have a sticky type feeling (save your comments). But now I don't even notice and think the typing experience is quite enjoyable.

Does the softer keys allow you to type one-handed (again save comments) easily?

I use both hands to type on keyboard. Thumb on supporting hand and index finger on the other.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:50 PM
    Love my OG but with the PRIV going Android I think the SE is my next best bet.

Z30s are gone and already have one, but don't want SE to sell out if I decide I want one. BB10 upgrade options are pretty limited.

10-19-15 02:50 PM
    To summarize and I got an SE for my girlfriend who in turn gave it to me and took my original passport because she thought it was lighter.

They are both passports and pretty much the same. The typing experience is more cozy on the SE due to the key placement and yes the form factor is more durable and "professional" arguably.

So that's it. Would I have gotten one if it was just for me to upgrade my original passport ? No. I will want to get a Priv and will still do so when I can as I want a second device here for a few reasons and it's very much the same as an original blackberry.

On another note, my SE has never restarted.
    10-19-15 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, my original thought was it's not worth the upgrade as the OG is a solid device.

Maybe if I can resell old one, but I'm greedy and would like both. One for work and a personal phone. But Z30 is still a great phone for me to use as my personal phone, be hard to let go..... was supposed to be the PRIV with BB10!

10-19-15 04:29 PM
    I sold my Passport OG last week and picked up a SE bundle today. Definitely worth an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:28 PM