The security wipe failed immediately. Now the device shows Error 10-0015 which basically links to an article about re-installing the OS via Blackberry Link.

Unfortunately Blackberry Link and Sachesi both fail to recognize the device now. Is there any other way to reload the OS?
    If you're on Windows, as opposed to a Mac, DL the Passport autoloader Passport_10.3.02.2789_SQW100-1-2-3-4.7z, and use that after unzipping it. Run the program, it'll bring up a CMD screen looking for the BB Boot Rom, connect the Passport via USB, holding the top button long enough to turn it off, first, if possible. I've never had it fail, so long as BB Link is also installed on the computer (but not running). There is also a thread here about what to do if you get the "blue light" on the BB and how to fix it--BlackBerry has a Windows based program for that. Most likely, though, the autoloader will work. If you do get the autoloader to install--and don't restore /anything/, of course--and you still have the auto reboot problem, then the only thing to do is to send the device back.
    yyz321 and northsixty like this.
    10-08-15 04:12 PM
    @northsixty, did you try the autoloader? Would it install? If so, did it solve the restart problem, or at least help it?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:03 PM
    Mine restarted several times today, for no reason whatsoever... I don't know what's wrong

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 03:42 PM
    Mine restarted several times today, for no reason whatsoever... I don't know what's wrong

Posted via CB10
    Did you do a restore using previous backup on it or the phone was set up manually?

Posted using Silver PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-11-15 06:50 PM
    Did you do a restore using previous backup on it or the phone was set up manually?

Yeah I did.

It seems like the solution was a hard reset (volume up and down for a few seconds)
    10-12-15 02:39 PM
    Yeah I did.

It seems like the solution was a hard reset (volume up and down for a few seconds)
    I only had one reset that happened when I did a restore using a backup.
    I ended up starting fresh as some of the apps kept reporting failed signed in in the hub. I didn't notice any automated reboots so far.

Anyone having reboots, please try whether the same occurs when you start off with a clean phone, ie no restores using BlackBerry Link etc, before worrying about hardware issues.

10-12-15 04:41 PM
    I haven't had a random reboot in a while. Hoping it was just a fluke and nothing serious. This Passport costs a lot of money and better not brick on me.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-12-15 05:57 PM
    I only had one reset that happened when I did a restore using a backup.
    I ended up starting fresh as some of the apps kept reporting failed signed in in the hub. I didn't notice any automated reboots so far.

Anyone having reboots, please try whether the same occurs when you start off with a clean phone, ie no restores using BlackBerry Link etc, before worrying about hardware issues.

I think mine definitely had hardware issues...
    First device I heard a *crack like a static shock or electrical sparking sound.
    Second device also randomly had a loud noise come through the earpiece similar to BlackBerry Protect. Powered down the device and after rebooting the device, it started heating up without using the phone.

I ended up purchasing an original Passport. New device, no restore and no issues yet. The phone came out of the same factory as my previous device (Mexico 6) but was built in January 2015 instead of August 2015.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:52 PM
    Well, I finally managed to get my Passport SE to boot. I had to try a few different computers but one finally recognized it and let me reload the OS.

The good news is my hub and BBM are functional again. The bad news is it has rebooted several times in the past few days, although not as often as it used to.

It's kind of random but certain things always trigger it. For example streaming an Internet radio station or watching a youtube video will cause it to happen within about 10 minutes. My little Q5 has never crashed doing that stuff.

I probably should send it back but I hate dealing with that stuff, and I hate being without a phone, so I'll see how it goes from here.

That's really unfortunate. Did you buy a Passport SE?
    Can you look on the box and check the production date and the plant that it was produced out of?
    If I remember correctly, my Passport SE came out of factory Mexico 6.
    I'm not sure about the production date, it says "PRD - 62121-001" and yes, Mexico 6.
    10-12-15 10:38 PM
    Well, I finally managed to get my Passport SE to boot. I had to try a few different computers but one finally recognized it and let me reload the OS.

The good news is my hub and BBM are functional again. The bad news is it has rebooted several times in the past few days, although not as often as it used to.

It's kind of random but certain things always trigger it. For example streaming an Internet radio station or watching a youtube video will cause it to happen within about 10 minutes. My little Q5 has never crashed doing that stuff.

I probably should send it back but I hate dealing with that stuff, and I hate being without a phone, so I'll see how it goes from here.

I'm not sure about the production date, it says "PRD - 62121-001" and yes, Mexico 6.
    Send a support request to [email protected], include your PIN, where you bought it, and when. They're all under warranty. You'll get a ticket number, they will contact you and have you send logs from the Help app under your BlackBerry email address and support ticket number. They're actually good about this, and will probably swap ot out if they see the problem and can't fix it. You won't be without a phone.

Posted via CB10
    northsixty likes this.
    10-12-15 10:58 PM
    Send a support request to [email protected], include your PIN, where you bought it, and when. They're all under warranty. You'll get a ticket number, they will contact you and have you send logs from the Help app under your BlackBerry email address and support ticket number. They're actually good about this, and will probably swap ot out if they see the problem and can't fix it. You won't be without a phone.

Posted via CB10

Can you confirm if this technical support email is strictly for devices under warranty? Do you know if they offer technical support for devices out of warranty for a fee?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:13 AM

If it's within the 30day return period I would definitely consider that option even though returning might be a hassle, I have found shopblackberry returns to be fairly straight forward.

Did you reload the same OS? Did you also reload a backed up file? If so, it might be worthwhile to try with a fresh device after OS reload instead of using a backed up file.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:17 AM
    Can you confirm if this technical support email is strictly for devices under warranty? Do you know if they offer technical support for devices out of warranty for a fee?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I would think they would offer the initial technical support for free up until the point where you need to send in your device for repairs.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:20 AM
    I would think they would offer the initial technical support for free up until the point where you need to send in your device for repairs.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. My experience with them so far is that these tech support people don't seem to worry about the warranty status, but then I haven't had to return anything. Of course, all Passport SE devices are under warranty since they just came out, and many Passport OG devices are under warranty, as well.
    10-13-15 08:31 AM
    Thanks everyone. I have e-mailed Blackberry and will see what happens. My device has crashed three times in the past two hours...
    10-13-15 10:30 AM
    Ugh, they bounced my e-mail. They only accept e-mails related to an existing support ticket.

This is annoying as I bought the phone from Crackberry.com. However, when I contacted them for support they told me to talk to Blackberry. When I talked to Blackberry they told me to talk to my carrier. My carrier has nothing to do with the phone as I bought it unlocked.
    10-13-15 10:38 AM
    Ugh, they bounced my e-mail. They only accept e-mails related to an existing support ticket.

This is annoying as I bought the phone from Crackberry.com. However, when I contacted them for support they told me to talk to Blackberry. When I talked to Blackberry they told me to talk to my carrier. My carrier has nothing to do with the phone as I bought it unlocked.
    That's strange... I spoke with them twice regarding two different devices and they never asked me to speak to my carrier.

Did you tell them you bought the device unlocked through Crackberry?

Edit: last time I spoke to them, they said if they deem the device to be faulty after you send it in for warranty, they will never send back a refurbished device. If it can be repaired, they'll repair it and if not, they'll send a new device.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 11:58 AM

Disappointing and frustrating.

Here's a link you can try. It supposedly applies only to phones bought directly from ShopBlackberry in the US, but maybe they will respond to you--can't hurt to try. I don't know how closely the BB support people track where the device was bought.

https://salesforce.services.blackber...ebforms/shopbb

I was caught between BlackBerry and Amazon on an issue with a previous phone--each wanted me to deal with the other. Finally, Amazon took possession of the problem and sent me a new phone, and I had to return the defective one.

I don't know how CrackBerry sales handles these things, and after your experience, I sort of don't want to find out. They should not be sending you to a "carrier" because the carrier has nothing to do with it. CrackBerry should handle the whole thing for you. You might want to try to escalate things with CrackBerry and complain loudly and publicly if they don't.
    10-13-15 12:19 PM
    So this just happened in the last 10 minutes.

Blackberry: "Your point of purchase is contact for warranty and repairs"
    Crackberry (aka point of purchase): "Contact Blackberry support for all warranty and support issues"

*headdesk*
    10-13-15 12:57 PM

Crackberry (aka point of purchase): "Contact Blackberry support for all warranty and support issues"

*headdesk*
    Oh man, I feel bad for you. BlackBerry warranty is terrible. Hang in there, it will be a big hassle. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 10-13-15 at 04:35 PM.
    10-13-15 12:58 PM

*headdesk*
    Time to escalate with the CrackBerry store if you can. Don't stop until you get satisfaction. And post a major complaint on an appropriate forum here--I don't know offhand which one would give the most exposure, but it isn't this one.

CrackBerry is a part of Mobil Nations and there should be some way to get to the executive level. It is a business, after all. It's going to take some time and effort on your part, which is unfair. I would tell you to pursue it with BlackBerry, but that would be a futile effort, and the company is going under, anyway, so their customer support is negligible.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:06 PM
    I don't understand how they keep turning you away. Personally, it makes no sense to me and I've had to call in twice about 2 devices within the past month.

First one wanted to go through troubleshooting steps. The second one gave me 3 options, return my device to shopblackberry, do troubleshooting over the phone, or try reloading the OS.

Both wanted to try troubleshooting, there was no mention about returning to carriers or troubleshooting with the seller (shopblackberry).
    Also, both called me about 3-5 days later to follow up and see if I needed further troubleshooting or if I was able to return the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:06 PM
    Call BlackBerry and Crackberry, both on speaker phone. Have them go at it lmao

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-13-15 04:11 PM
    On the CB Shop page it says if you're not satisfied with their customer care to email the president at [email protected] <[email protected]>

That's what I would do. CB has the responsibility to back up their sales, especially when you're well within the warranty period.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:29 PM
    Pretty poor responses. I unfortunately have used an overseas reseller so probably more pain.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:59 PM
103 ... 2345