It's a known issue with SE, blackberry support is aware of this. My replacement is on its way. Just contact blackberry support and ask for a replacement unit or a full refund.
    BlackBerry's technical support line or shopblackberry? I called BlackBerry first and the over phone troubleshooting was time consuming and useless.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:24 AM
    BlackBerry's technical support line or shopblackberry? I called BlackBerry first and the over phone troubleshooting was time consuming and useless.

Posted via CB10
    yeah, pointless over the phone. email them at [email protected]
    Also, from your device send send them a device log.
    This is what they asked me:
    - Launch the BlackBerry Link and connect the Passport.
    - Check if there will be a notification for a software update. Perform an update if there is any.
    - Take note of the date, time, and timezone once the issue occur.
    - Gather and submit logs.

Article name: How to gather and submit logs from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    Article number: 000026038
    Link: How to gather and submit logs from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Best of luck
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-28-15 08:55 AM
    To remedy I just side loaded 2639. It rebooted a few times after the installation but seems to be stable now.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-28-15 01:19 PM
    yeah, pointless over the phone. email them at [email protected]
    Also, from your device send send them a device log.
    This is what they asked me:
    - Launch the BlackBerry Link and connect the Passport.
    - Check if there will be a notification for a software update. Perform an update if there is any.
    - Take note of the date, time, and timezone once the issue occur.
    - Gather and submit logs.

Article name: How to gather and submit logs from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    Article number: 000026038
    Link: How to gather and submit logs from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Best of luck
    Thanks for the instructions.

Did you do this during the 30 day money back guaranteed period or only outside the money back period? Seems like a lot of work to perform if I can just return the device and get another one.

The last device had a serious and obvious restart problem. After I noticed the first restart it was fine for a day but then it restarted 3x within a period of an hour and then another time mid-day. Then the following day, it restarted itself again 2-3x.

Haven't seen that yet with this device so I have my fingers crossed that nothing is wrong with this one. I'd hate to have to do another return.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 09:02 PM
    It was during the 30 day return period. They need the log files from your device to identify the issue. Once they had mine, they agreed to send a replacement. You also have the option of just return for a full reimbursement.

Posted via CB10
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-28-15 09:43 PM
    It was during the 30 day return period. They need the log files from your device to identify the issue. Once they had mine, they agreed to send a replacement. You also have the option of just return for a full reimbursement.

Posted via CB10
    Did they do an RMA and provide you with a shipping label or did you have to pay for the return shipping?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 06:27 AM
    Did they do an RMA and provide you with a shipping label or did you have to pay for the return shipping?

Posted via CB10
    RMA with shipping label. prepaid shipping.
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-29-15 09:34 AM
    I guess my Passport OG has the same issue because once a while when pull it out of my pocket, I find it is running some android apps that are supposed off.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    09-29-15 11:53 AM
    I had this problem with my SE when I first got it, rang up BlackBerry tech support to be told they would have to run diagnostics and for me to send a log file to determine if it was hardware or software related.

I sent the log file over but as I was still in my 30 day return period I contacted Digital River and explained the situation as I had bought the SE with the free accessory bundle so only wanted to return the device itself as Shopblackberry wasn't selling the SE with the bundle anymore. I was initially told I had to return everything but I asked again and they agreed to just accept the return of the device. So I went back Shopblackberry and ordered a new SE, luckily I was also able to use the 10% discount code on it so saved a bit of money even though I still had to pay for the shipping charge of the original SE.

I've had my second SE for a few weeks now and not one reboot so I'm pretty happy with it. BlackBerry tech support got back to me saying they wanted to try a complete software reinstall, told them I was just returning and reordering a device so the tech support wasn't necessary anymore.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 04:18 AM
    I've had my second SE for a few weeks now and not one reboot so I'm pretty happy with it. BlackBerry tech support got back to me saying they wanted to try a complete software reinstall, told them I was just returning and reordering a device so the tech support wasn't necessary anymore.

Posted via CB10
    How long did it take you to notice the issue with your first Passport?

When BlackBerry wanted you to try a software reinstall, is that the same thing as a factory reset? I tried doing a factory reset on my first device and the problem persisted.

On my second device right now and coming up towards a week of use. There was a restart that occurred when the phone was in my pocket. None since then though... so I have my fingers crossed that it was just accidental button pressing in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:33 AM
    How long did it take you to notice the issue with your first Passport?

When BlackBerry wanted you to try a software reinstall, is that the same thing as a factory reset? I tried doing a factory reset on my first device and the problem persisted.

On my second device right now and coming up towards a week of use. There was a restart that occurred when the phone was in my pocket. None since then though... so I have my fingers crossed that it was just accidental button pressing in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    The rebooting on my initial SE was pretty apparent, I had it for about a week and the reboots must have gotten into double figures. Sometimes it would reboot while I was using it and sometimes just lying on the tabletop or overnight when I was asleep as the active frames would be blank.

I tried security wipes myself but I'm guessing that BlackBerry tech support wanted to reload the whole OS. I could have waited for that but seeing as I only had it for a week I thought I would go down the returning for a refund and buying a new device route. I didn't really want to risk possibly getting a replacement that might have been a returned unit.

Posted via CB10
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-30-15 09:27 AM
    My device has been fine... then it restarted itself while I was using CrackBerry forums. However, the manner in which it restarted itself was different from my previous device.

My previous device would suddenly go all black as if you removed the battery. This time, the screen froze and became unresponsive for at least a few seconds before it restarted itself. I hope that this was just a one time software or app glitch...

The Passport so far has been the least reliable device I have ever owned. If I need to return this one then I might just hold off and wait for the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:42 AM
    My device just restarted itself again while using CB forums. This is the third auto-restart that I've experienced with this device... I might have to call it quits with the BlackBerry Passport. I've never had so much trouble with any electronics ever before...

Is it possible that I am so unlucky that I'm plagued with the same issue on two Passports? I'm almost wishing that I had the screen lift issue. At least that is 'cosmetic' and easily fixed by the user.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 01:19 AM
    My device just restarted itself again while using CB forums. This is the third auto-restart that I've experienced with this device... I might have to call it quits with the BlackBerry Passport. I've never had so much trouble with any electronics ever before...

Is it possible that I am so unlucky that I'm plagued with the same issue on two Passports? I'm almost wishing that I had the screen lift issue. At least that is 'cosmetic' and easily fixed by the user.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on my 4th SE !
    First one was bought from shopblackberry US and had random reboots. They sent a replacement which i still have to receive (maybe today).
    Second one i bought online from UAE's axiomtelecom website and had the screen lift issue on the top right corner. I tried to clamp it down but after a while it would still pop up. Sold it to a friend who didn't care much about the screen issue (for much less price)
    Third, bought again from axiomtelecom, and this time i get a physically damaged piece, almost looked like a used piece with scratches on the back and a loose back that would tap every time i'd hold it. I called them up and raised the issue with them and got a replacement.
    So now i'm on my 4th SE and when the replacement from my first one arrives, it'll be my 5th SE
    Passport SE Self-Restart -- Known Issue?-qas_8389-2.jpg
    This is the damaged back on the third one.
    Passport SE Self-Restart -- Known Issue?-img_7124.jpg
    This is my First and Fourth SE together..
    10-04-15 01:52 AM
    I haven't had this happen sense my Q10 on earlier 10.1 updates but I was fixed by placing a piece of paper between the battery and the door, put sense the Passports don't have a removable battery that's over with.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 09:39 AM
    I'm on my 4th SE !
    First one was bought from shopblackberry US and had random reboots. They sent a replacement which i still have to receive (maybe today).
    Second one i bought online from UAE's axiomtelecom website and had the screen lift issue on the top right corner. I tried to clamp it down but after a while it would still pop up. Sold it to a friend who didn't care much about the screen issue (for much less price)
    Third, bought again from axiomtelecom, and this time i get a physically damaged piece, almost looked like a used piece with scratches on the back and a loose back that would tap every time i'd hold it. I called them up and raised the issue with them and got a replacement.
    So now i'm on my 4th SE and when the replacement from my first one arrives, it'll be my 5th SE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QAS_8389-2.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	269.7 KB 
ID:	374341
    This is the damaged back on the third one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7124.JPG 
Views:	520 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	374342
    This is my First and Fourth SE together..
    I try to refrain from viewing "known issue" post because I typically don't realize that there is an issue until I see it posted.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 09:43 AM
    I typically don't pay too much attention to the 'known issues' since I figure they are usually just small defects during manufacturing but it seems I've been plagued with the same issue back to back. Any electronics I've ever bought have always worked fine until now.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 11:26 AM
    My "known issue", the spontaneous rebooting, seems to have sorted itself out, hasn't happened again for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 01:12 PM
    My "known issue", the spontaneous rebooting, seems to have sorted itself out, hasn't happened again for a couple of weeks.

Posted via CB10
    When or under what kind of circumstance did it spontaneously reboot?
    Did it occur while you were using a certain app?

When it restarted did it just turn into a blackscreen as if the battery was removed, then booted up with the BlackBerry logo?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:29 AM
    When or under what kind of circumstance did it spontaneously reboot?
    Did it occur while you were using a certain app?

When it restarted did it just turn into a blackscreen as if the battery was removed, then booted up with the BlackBerry logo?

Posted via CB10
    It happened randomly and spontaneously. I could be using an app, it could be at rest, it happened a couple of time while I was using the phone or BBM. It did a complete close down as if I had switched it off complete with red light and BlackBerry logo, it paused for a few seconds and went through the complete boot up process as if I had switched it back on again.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:38 AM
    It happened randomly and spontaneously. I could be using an app, it could be at rest, it happened a couple of time while I was using the phone or BBM. It did a complete close down as if I had switched it off complete with red light and BlackBerry logo, it paused for a few seconds and went through the complete boot up process as if I had switched it back on again.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing.
    Did it ever happen frequently as in multiple times per day?

My first device did it as if there was an electrical issue and before I returned it, it did it around 5 times in one day.

My second device is a little different since it's only done it 3 times since I got it about 9 days ago. One of the times may have been caused by the CB forums app freezing/crashing.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:46 AM
    Sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing.
    Did it ever happen frequently as in multiple times per day?

My first device did it as if there was an electrical issue and before I returned it, it did it around 5 times in one day.

My second device is a little different since it's only done it 3 times since I got it about 9 days ago. One of the times may have been caused by the CB forums app freezing/crashing.

Posted via CB10
    I generally only happened once in a day but never more than twice.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 08:38 AM
    I don't know what's going on, but my Passport has been acting a little screwy since I updated it. I may have to security wipe it and start fresh.

A lot of the problems that I have are completely fixed when I restart the phone. I don't want to restart my phone constantly. So here is a list of the problems that I have run into

1. Hub completely freezes on me. I can scroll up and down, but I can't open anything.

2. Certain apps won't open fully. I really don't have many android apps on my phone. Igrann sometimes opens up to the iGrann screen and then shuts down. CB10, Facebook, Twitter, Calendar, and the Contacts app have each done it as well.

3. It hasn't happened often, but at least twice I have gone to check my phone and it has shut off by itself with a lot of power left in it.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to let people know what was going on with my Passport

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-05-15 09:29 AM
    My Silver Edition has been rebooting a lot. Sometimes it's OK for several days but sometimes it reboots many times per day. It happens in different apps and sometimes with no apps open.

Now my BBM has stopped working and my hub is screwy. I can't see text messages anymore.

Thanks for the info on where to find the device logs I'm going to look through them and see if I can figure anything out. I might try a re-install but the problem is I have no way to back up my device. The Mac I'm using is too old to run the link software.
    10-05-15 05:17 PM
    My device restarted again this morning seemingly by itself.

However I was encrypting the SD card. Is it normal that the device restarts itself during or after the media card encryption process?

I'm not sure how much progress there was in the encryption because I was looking at the home screen. The SD card seems fine though as I can view my photos.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:38 AM
103 1234 ...