I've had my Passport for less than a week and the phone already restarted by itself 4 times.
    The first time it happened, it was only my 2nd day of owning the phone and occurred while I was using the LinkedIn app from BlackBerry World.

Today, it restarted itself nearly 3 times in a row (within 30-45min time frame). During this time however, I wasn't using the LinkedIn app and I'm pretty certain I didn't have it open running in the background either.

Is there a known issue with the Passport SE for self-restarts?
    I know that another member, bb4ty, mentioned that they were experiencing a similar issue in a different thread as well.
    09-20-15 08:06 PM
    Had the Same problem Kept it For 21 days and had to return it to BlackBerry shop. Was a defected unit is a known issue and now I'm back with a black passport and not even a single random restart in 3 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-20-15 08:45 PM
    Guess its not working well for you. Sound like it time to return it.
    09-20-15 08:47 PM
    I've had my Passport for less than a week and the phone already restarted by itself 4 times.
    The first time it happened, it was only my 2nd day of owning the phone and occurred while I was using the LinkedIn app from BlackBerry World.

Today, it restarted itself nearly 3 times in a row (within 30-45min time frame). During this time however, I wasn't using the LinkedIn app and I'm pretty certain I didn't have it open running in the background either.

I know that another member, bb4ty, mentioned that they were experiencing a similar issue in a different thread as well.
    Interesting you should bring this up but I've been noticing the same thing for the last few days on my Passport that I've had for almost a year. It all started after the 2474 update which has proven to be buggier in other areas than I expected it to be as well.
    09-20-15 08:47 PM
    Interesting you should bring this up but I've been noticing the same thing for the last few days on my Passport that I've had for almost a year. It all started after the 2474 update which has proven to be buggier in other areas than I expected it to be as well.
    I'm still running 10.3.2.2226 and the phone is telling me that there are no updates available.
    09-20-15 08:50 PM
    My very black Passport had daily reboots back when the device just got released. I returned it.
    A Classic of mine suffered from reboots too, it got worse day by day and, after not even six days, the phone died and showed a bad battery error. Had to return it, because we can't change the battery ourselves.

My SE is running fine for now.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:54 PM
    Time to return the phone for a refurb. Good luck given the fact that you will never have the comfort of a brand new device unless you buy another Passport outright.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    09-20-15 11:04 PM
    I had random restarts on my z10 once and it eventually stopped. So I guess software problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:37 PM

I haven't seen it on the Passport yet but my past experiences with Windows and Android phones tell that their is almost surely a serious problem with the OS, which is much likely caused by hardware defect.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    09-21-15 01:44 AM
    I'm still running 10.3.2.2226 and the phone is telling me that there are no updates available.
    I have no idea how they figure out who gets what and when but my wife's Shop BB bought Z30 is still waiting for the update too, we usually get them more or less at the same time.
    09-22-15 07:41 AM
    I just installed blockit and now my Passport is doing the annoying restarting issue. I'm not blaming that specific app as its really how all apps are configured on your device. Best thing tovdo is review your currently installed apps as that's usually the case.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2339 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-24-15 10:05 AM
    I've had the problem randomly but only very occasionally with my SE and 2639. I had it before with the OG PP on much earlier OS versions.

No one really knows the cause or causes, and maybe it's a combination of a hardware susceptibility and a software issue. For me it's not enough of a problem to warrant an exchange and then maybe getting a PP with other issues. Better the devil you know...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 10:15 AM
    I've had the problem randomly but only very occasionally with my SE and 2639. I had it before with the OG PP on much earlier OS versions.

No one really knows the cause or causes, and maybe it's a combination of a hardware susceptibility and a software issue. For me it's not enough of a problem to warrant an exchange and then maybe getting a PP with other issues. Better the devil you know...

Posted via CB10
    As with any device or computer running software, it's usually a sign that the device needs a complete restore to factory fresh.

09-24-15 11:45 AM
    As with any device or computer running software, it's usually a sign that the device needs a complete restore to factory fresh.

You're probably correct.
    09-24-15 01:34 PM

Mine kept doing it after a factory reset. I had to return mine since I was almost certain that it was an internal hardware defect.
    I'd also like to mention that the second time my SE restarted itself, I heard a single *crack sound -- similar an electrical connection shorting out. Maybe I had a loose battery or something.
    09-24-15 02:24 PM
    Today is the second day with my replacement SE and when I pulled out my phone this afternoon, I saw the live tiles were 'off' similar to what it looks like when you first restart.

I hope this doesn't mean that my replacement device restarted itself again...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 06:50 PM
    Today is the second day with my replacement SE and when I pulled out my phone this afternoon, I saw the live tiles were 'off' similar to what it looks like when you first restart.

I hope this doesn't mean that my replacement device restarted itself again...

Posted via CB10
    Live tiles go off to clear memory. The other possibility is that the power button is being hit( while in pants?) and restarts itself.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 07:15 PM
    Live tiles go off to clear memory. The other possibility is that the power button is being hit( while in pants?) and restarts itself.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Could you explain what you mean about live tiles causing reboots? I'm not questioning it--i just don't understand it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:34 PM
    My Red Passport has restarted itself twice in the past week. I don't know what it means. I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-27-15 07:39 PM
    Could you explain what you mean about live tiles causing reboots? I'm not questioning it--i just don't understand it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm saying there's two separate situations that might be happening. When memory needs to be cleared it appears like the tile is off. The other situation is pressing against the power button and restarting way when it's in your pants. Just two guesses. Could be something else

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    KenV54 likes this.
    09-27-15 08:02 PM
    I'm saying there's two separate situations that might be happening. When memory needs to be cleared it appears like the tile is off. The other situation is pressing against the power button and restarting way when it's in your pants. Just two guesses. Could be something else

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Interesting. Good to know. I've wondered, as well, why the tiles sometimes go off. Maybe it wasn't a reboot after all. I have an OEM flip case and it would be difficult for me to hit the power button accidentally.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 08:09 PM
    OP, check your boot time (About... Category:Hardware).

Dave Bourque, KenV54 and yyz321 like this.
    09-27-15 08:19 PM

Completely forgot about that. Lol.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 08:25 PM

Thanks, I was looking for that.
    Based off the time, it looks like it wasn't a memory dump.
    Either my phone restarted itself or the power button was hit while in my pants pocket.

I hope I'm not having a random self-restart issue with my replacement device...
    09-28-15 12:28 AM
    It's a known issue with SE, blackberry support is aware of this. My replacement is on its way. Just contact blackberry support and ask for a replacement unit or a full refund.
    09-28-15 02:34 AM
103 123 ...