iPhone 7+ user here -- always had iOS devices as my main phone but have also carried various BB Bolds as a second phone (primarily for email use) up until a few years ago (was nice to keep work separate and loved typing on it).
    Recently saw someone using a silver Passport and fell in love with the look of it so I ordered one today.
    Had long been thinking about carrying a second phone again. Fed up of battery anxiety (iPhone never makes a full day thanks to work revolving around heavy social media use and hundreds of emails etc) and would like to have moments where I can leave work emails behind every now and then. Also miss the physical keyboard. I'm fast but nothing beats the accuracy and speed of a BB device.

Just wanted to see who else on here is using the PP as a second phone? What are your reasons? How have you found it? Am I joining the Passport party too late?
    Last edited by TheMightyO; 11-22-16 at 09:43 PM.
    fanBBRY and JG_Agustin like this.
    11-22-16 07:48 PM
    Too late???? Better late than never.....
    11-22-16 07:52 PM
    Not too late. I have a 6s+ and a black passport. I have the priv but it's not ready to replace either one. I just ordered an SE yesterday. I love the passport - it's an excellent form factor, very comfortable, and bb10 is fast and great for core work tasks. So late - NO. I'm so excited to get my silver.

Posted via Black Passport
    11-22-16 08:46 PM
    Well you certainly seem to be thinking about it for the right reasons, email work vs playing with social apps; I don't have two phones but would complement my Passport with a second, smaller phone for specific apps if need be. On the other hand, the passport has sort of killed my desire for a Tablet.
    11-22-16 09:12 PM
    I think you will like the Passport. It's a pleasure to use.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-22-16 09:15 PM
    Does SNAP still work ? Do most Android apps loaded via Snap still work ? I'm iPhone 6s these days but still keep coming back to passport. Great device for travel. Reading books. Etc. But if the majority of android apps don't work any longer it'd be a deal breaker for me now. Would appreciate comments. Tnx.
    11-22-16 10:50 PM
    Does SNAP still work ? Do most Android apps loaded via Snap still work ? I'm iPhone 6s these days but still keep coming back to passport. Great device for travel. Reading books. Etc. But if the majority of android apps don't work any longer it'd be a deal breaker for me now. Would appreciate comments. Tnx.
    Snap does still work but the app situation is NOT ideal. Many apps from GP require services so they may or may not work properly or even at all. I usually tell people that if you are app dependent, you should probably look elsewhere for a device.
    11-22-16 11:07 PM
    Using BlackBerry Passport as a second device. Best one to manage all emails at the end of the day. No better device to look at beautiful Instagram pictures. Feedminder for keeping track of all news on your favourite sites has no match on other devices. The only device that can easily display emails in my BMW. Enough reasons?

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-22-16 11:51 PM
    What does device support look like though, is it possible RIM will pull the plug on the SE, I see its $299 still for the SE

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 02:45 AM
    This is probably the best combination, as I also use the Passport for work related stuff (mostly email) and the Huawei P9 for personal and social media. Good to separate and use both.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 07:04 AM
    Better buy one soon bc the stock levels are dwindling down quick

#whatisclassic
    11-23-16 11:12 AM
    You could switch. Use passport and throw an iPad in the car.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-23-16 11:16 AM
    What does device support look like though, is it possible RIM will pull the plug on the SE, I see its $299 still for the SE

Posted via CB10
    Flagship BB10 phone and you are worried about support? Smh.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-23-16 11:17 AM
    They have both the OG whatever that means and the SE for 299CAD! @Blackberry! Amazin deals going on right now!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 11:43 AM
    iPhone 7+ user here -- always had iOS devices as my main phone but have also carried various BB Bolds as a second phone (primarily for email use) up until a few years ago (was nice to keep work separate and loved typing on it).
    Recently saw someone using a silver Passport and fell in love with the look of it so I ordered one today.
    Had long been thinking about carrying a second phone again. Fed up of battery anxiety (iPhone never makes a full day thanks to work revolving around heavy social media use and hundreds of emails etc) and would like to have moments where I can leave work emails behind every now and then. Also miss the physical keyboard. I'm fast but nothing beats the accuracy and speed of a BB device.

Just wanted to see who else on here is using the PP as a second phone? What are your reasons? How have you found it? Am I joining the Passport party too late?
    Sounds like a plan to me, I can say I'm in a similar boat, but with a PRIV as main driver. As you can see, I'm posting this from my Passport, which had been my main phone for almost two years. Sometimes, it is so again, when I miss BB10 and opt for popping in my SIM.

Since you already have an iPhone as daily driver, you don't face the app gap problem. Plus a BB10 for emails would not only complement but might make you addicted to answering with its pkb instead of typing on glass. The Classic would also be my choice, but since you've already made up your mind, I say: go for it!

My gf, for instance, has opted for a Q10 and Galaxy Tab A combo, as she can't leave her pkb device (got an iPhone through her contract renewal and gave it to her sister, kept the Q10).

The main reasons I'm using the PRIV as main driver is the need for certain apps which run better than on BB10 and that I've already payed full price for it, lol! Otherwise, the Passport might still be my main device, that's how good it is. I'd even invite you to try it for one week as daily driver (it uses a Nano SIM, so you can switch easily).

As I mentioned, you only run the risk of becoming addicted to answering anything on it, instead of using your iPhone...

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    andrewmcwhirter likes this.
    11-23-16 12:35 PM
    They have both the OG whatever that means and the SE for 299CAD! @Blackberry! Amazin deals going on right now!

Posted via CB10
    Can you post a link? I can't find it for that price.
    11-23-16 01:28 PM
    Will set it up tomorrow and let you know how I get on! Always fun to have a new gadget to mess around with
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    11-23-16 08:33 PM
    I was using a Priv and then switched to another Android device. Recently picked up a Passport SE now that I'm using as my main phone, supplemented by an Android for a few of the usual apps that I'm missing (mainly Snapchat).

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 02:28 AM
    I've used a Passport as a primary and Priv as secondary. The combo was taking up too much space so I dropped the passport in favor of the Priv. Also, passport's battery lasts at least 1 day and sometimes 2 days, but it doesn't handle android push notifications so maybe that has something to do with it.
    11-24-16 07:56 AM
    If you ok with no push notifications, Passport is really unmatched. There is a thread on how to use email notification for social media on the hub by setting up rules.

The battery of Passport is insane. You hardly need to charge until the next day.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 06:44 PM
    Looks like that deal was only for Nov23rd! I did see it and its no longer there! Sorry

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 11:15 AM