I'm now sending back my third BlackBerry Passport SE. Each has had problems with the brightness of its screen and has an ill-adjusted white balance. I'm gutted, because otherwise, I love this phone.

On midway brightness/warm balance settings, the screen looks a cream colour and markedly dim compared to my two previous 'original' passports (both now -sadly- sold). At full brightness, the SE is approx. half as bright as my original passport. It is even dimmer when compared to my HTC m8.

I am based in the UK. I've bought the PP SE from two different vendors (clove and amazon) a month apart - and I've experienced this same issue. I'm now thinking it's unlikely to be a batch issue.

Interested to hear about experience of others.
    10-17-15 01:38 AM
    That's strange, I've experienced auto-restart issues over 2 Passport SEs that were purchased only 2-3 weeks apart from each other from the same vendor -- shopblackberry.

During my time with both devices, I never experienced the problem you're describing.

Both devices have been returned and I bought an original Passport without any issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 09:58 AM
    I know what you are talking about and cant justify sending it back. Its just a slight different type of brightness and color. Its not really that its dim its just a slight diff color. The ( dim ) one can be made brighter... but it just a diff color bright white.
    12-02-16 08:20 PM