With any of my devices, that I've had this happen, it's always been power button getting pushed/stuck in my pocket or because of the phone case.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't it be evident if the cause of the problems were the physical buttons getting pressed?
    The blackberry passport restarts with a timer if you hold the power button and it should probably take a screenshot before rebooting if you were to press the volume control buttons.
    04-21-17 07:00 AM
    OK, I think I know the culprit of the random reboots and I believe it is actually software related.
    After a security wipe I did not have the reboot problem for about a week.
    However just now the phone rebooted itself again. I've noticed that the reboots happen when bbm is running, even in the background, so I think that it has something to do with the version of bb10 I'm running (10.3.2 because of all the horror stories about 10.3.3). It seems to me that bbm is conflicting with the OS version which is causing the phone to reboot.
    04-26-17 10:20 PM
    OK, I think I know the culprit of the random reboots and I believe it is actually software related.
    After a security wipe I did not have the reboot problem for about a week.
    However just now the phone rebooted itself again. I've noticed that the reboots happen when bbm is running, even in the background, so I think that it has something to do with the version of bb10 I'm running (10.3.2 because of all the horror stories about 10.3.3). It seems to me that bbm is conflicting with the OS version which is causing the phone to reboot.
    Yes. I think it's the PIM service running in the Background.
    04-27-17 01:22 AM
    Very frustrating seeing as fellow bbm users on android and ios devices experience no such problems.
    04-27-17 01:31 AM
    I've had my PP SE for 7 months now, and the random restarts started happening in the last few weeks.

I've always had my PP SE in the leather flip case.

The first time I noticed when I was on a phone call, the flip case was closed and I actually held my phone between my neck and shoulder for a few seconds and the device reset. I believe it to be due to pressure on the screen.

Since then it's been restarting frequently, once in a couple of days. Mot of the times it's during phone calls with device just sitting on my desk. I do use a Samsung 1.8A charger. The device did reset half an hour ago, so I searched the forums and found this post.

After reading this post, I checked my battery had reached 100% (as I was charging phone at my desk in office) and I was on a phone call when phone reset.

So it seems to be a combination of a couple of things, but battery likely seems to be the source of the phone resets.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 11:37 AM
    Hello,
    First time blackberry owner here
    I have recently got a sh passport SE that has both the rebooting problem and the battery drain while powered off. Before buying I have tested it for almost 2 hours, it did a reboot while I was typing my bbid but I thought it wasn't a big deal(never touched a bb10 before).
    Arriving home and playing with my SE I've found why the owner sold it.
    I have tried almost everything: reload with autoloader, reload with blitz, security wipe, uninstalled all android apps, disassembled the phone and reconnected every flex cable.

I am heartbroken, I love how the device feels and looks, it's in preteen condition, battery life is ok 100%, I want to make it work, but I don't have a warranty. I have spent 4 days reading threads and searching a possible solution but no luck
    My questions are:
    Has anyone with the rebooting problem tried installing a new battery?
    Is there an official response as to what is the cause of the reboots?
    Does the motherboard format the og fit the SE? (I know the SE is taller)

Thank you for your time, and sorry for reviving an old thread.
    Last edited by iul7; 05-22-17 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Adding spaces
    05-22-17 08:56 AM
    Hello,
    First time blackberry owner here
    I have recently got a sh passport SE that has both the rebooting problem and the battery drain while powered off. Before buying I have tested it for almost 2 hours, it did a reboot while I was typing my bbid but I thought it wasn't a big deal(never touched a bb10 before).
    Arriving home and playing with my SE I've found why the owner sold it.
    I have tried almost everything: reload with autoloader, reload with blitz, security wipe, uninstalled all android apps, disassembled the phone and reconnected every flex cable.

I am heartbroken, I love how the device feels and looks, it's in preteen condition, battery life is ok 100%, I want to make it work, but I don't have a warranty. I have spent 4 days reading threads and searching a possible solution but no luck
    My questions are:
    Has anyone with the rebooting problem tried installing a new battery?
    Is there an official response as to what is the cause of the reboots?
    Does the motherboard format the og fit the SE? (I know the SE is taller)

Thank you for your time, and sorry for reviving an old thread.
    Hey man what OS version has you installed? Have you tried a older one ?
    My Battery Problem with Reboot solves itself. I don't know why but it's gone. I delete all the Android crap and edit my push time table of my email accounts.

I think it's definitely a software problem.

Cheers
    05-22-17 10:12 AM
    Hey man what OS version has you installed? Have you tried a older one ?
    My Battery Problem with Reboot solves itself. I don't know why but it's gone. I delete all the Android crap and edit my push time table of my email accounts.

I think it's definitely a software problem.

Cheers
    Hi Kommandant,
    I've had version 10.3.3.2205, downgraded to 2049 from 2205 in hopes that i can upgrade OTA but in Romania latest version is 10.3.2. I cannot reload via link because it gives me that error [A:000..] it says that a new os version is out and tries to "upgrade" to 10.3.2 and this gives that error.
    I don't have any accouts on my SE, i've tried upgrading the android runtime, nothing works. sometimes it takes an hour of browsing this forum for it to reboot sometimes it does it in les than 10 minutes after power on.
    At first i was suspecting my keyboard as my SE seems to reboot often when usning the scroll feature on the keyboard.
    I am really sad as i've read that someone on this forum had the same problem reboots and then the phone just dyed..
    For now i am trying to sell it for pats, but since BlackBerry is not that popular here, i am also trying to fix it and keep it.
    05-22-17 02:59 PM
    Hi Kommandant,
    I've had version 10.3.3.2205, downgraded to 2049 from 2205 in hopes that i can upgrade OTA but in Romania latest version is 10.3.2. I cannot reload via link because it gives me that error [A:000..] it says that a new os version is out and tries to "upgrade" to 10.3.2 and this gives that error.
    I don't have any accouts on my SE, i've tried upgrading the android runtime, nothing works. sometimes it takes an hour of browsing this forum for it to reboot sometimes it does it in les than 10 minutes after power on.
    At first i was suspecting my keyboard as my SE seems to reboot often when usning the scroll feature on the keyboard.
    I am really sad as i've read that someone on this forum had the same problem reboots and then the phone just dyed..
    For now i am trying to sell it for pats, but since BlackBerry is not that popular here, i am also trying to fix it and keep it.
    Hey man. I have the same problem with the Android Runtime with my 10.3.2. but then i make an clean install with an auto loader and then i can install the runtime and everything works great.
    After the autoloader with 10.3.3 finally i have no restart. I think it's a android problem.
    You can stay at 10.3.2 with android or 10.3.3 without android. That's my choice.

But also the PIM Manager Service put the CPU usage up and then my device restarts sometimes.

I hope 10.3.4 will fix this problem hahaha
    05-26-17 07:15 AM
    Damn it, mine just rebooted itself again, it's only been about 4 times since I got it (1 and 1/2 years?), otherwise it's been flawless, except when I've tried certain android apps. Wasn't charging, I'd love to know why this happens. Maybe it caught me looking at other phones?
    06-28-17 12:47 PM
    I use now a classic. Without sideloaded android apps. No restart.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 01:53 PM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I use now a classic. Without sideloaded android apps. No restart.

Posted via CB10
    are you sure? if becaused it, congratulations...
    but if not, lets sell your device

 Passport SE - SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2163
    06-30-17 02:52 AM
    It's happening! My se restarted by itself today for the first time. Bought this phone phone brand new couple weeks back. Probably switching for classic for couple of weeks.
    Has anyone had this happen to a og or att or is this only se's problem. I never experienced this with my 2 og's or q10's so Im assuming that it's hardware problem with the se.

Bush did bb10
    07-20-17 10:21 AM
    I think it's related to android apps.
    07-23-17 03:59 PM
    Has anyone had this issue on using pp with no android apps installed (or removed) period ?
    07-23-17 04:00 PM
65 123