Amongst all the ridicule I get for this phone (and countless 'What the f**k is that?!) everytime I pull it out, I can see me still using this phone next year and beyond

Typing, messaging and the Hub are PERFECT on this phone IMO and I've got all the key apps I need (OK, maybe Web versions of them) but I don't find the need to have 'more' - this phone covers all my basic messaging/work/play needs - and I know I'm not the only PP SE owner that feels like that

Anyone else's thoughts? Given the Priv has been released and rumours/skeptisim of BB10's future - I feel I don't need anything else for another few years...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM PIN 2BF3EF46
    anon(9155131) and Jane23 like this.
    11-14-15 08:24 AM
    Amongst all the ridicule I get for this phone (and countless 'What the f**k is that?!) everytime I pull it out, I can see me still using this phone next year and beyond

Typing, messaging and the Hub are PERFECT on this phone IMO and I've got all the key apps I need (OK, maybe Web versions of them) but I don't find the need to have 'more' - this phone covers all my basic messaging/work/play needs - and I know I'm not the only PP SE owner that feels like that

Anyone else's thoughts? Given the Priv has been released and rumours/skeptisim of BB10's future - I feel I don't need anything else for another few years...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM PIN 2BF3EF46
    Same here. I use PP OG and Q10. Don't think I'd need anything else for a long time. I'd even get a 9900 for collection.
    11-14-15 08:33 AM
    . Typing, messaging and the Hub are PERFECT on this phone IMO and I've got all the key apps I need (OK, maybe Web versions of them) but I don't find the need to have 'more' - this phone covers all my basic messaging/work/play needs - and I know I'm not the only PP SE owner that feels like that
    I agree completely. I've got everything I need right here on an elegant phone with an elegant operating system. The keyboard is fantastic -- I don't even miss my Z30, and I LOVED that thing. Also, unlike the Z30, I get AT&T 's LTE network everywhere with the SE.

I had an Android Sammy for a year, and I got so frustrated with it I went back to my 9900 until the Z10 came out -- so, "pass" on Priv and Google snooping everywhere on my life. I also use a new 9900 when I need a physically smaller phone, but the Priv wouldn't fit in the pouch under my bike seat, either!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    RealRichLRead likes this.
    11-14-15 08:36 AM
    I have been using an original passport since day one.
    Nobody has ever ridiculed me. They know they can't compete with my Passport at work.
    All you have to do is to do a powerpoint presentation with zoom in front of the iphone and android boys.
    For best impact, try it at an IEEE conference in front of 100 electronics engineers, or students.
    While you are at it, start from your home screen, navigate to the files on your SD card using the file manager, start your presentation, do a zoom in to show details of a high resolution IC layout picture...and then click on a link from the Internet in your powerpoint slide and livestream a video.

Everyone will be quiet and then ask you what phone that was. Watch their faces drop when you tell them it is a BlackBerry.
    11-14-15 08:36 AM
    Nobody has ever ridiculed me. They know they can't compete with my Passport at work.
    I work for a Digital Ad Agency and the entire Technology team laugh at me everytime I put it in my hand (even more so when I say it's a Blackberry). I got it yesterday when I was simply replying to a message and literally everyone stopped and laughed.
    But once I show them the massive display, Hub, touch-sensitive keyboard, multitasking, etc the laughter then becomes inquisition - it's that few mins of actually showing them the capabilities of the device then do people listen and wonder. I also add in that the File Manager within the device means I never really need to use my laptop everyday - I was shocked that the Priv doesn't even have a native file manager system!?!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Follow Me at @OMGitsRLR
    11-14-15 08:55 AM
    I have three devices made by BlackBerry: Playbook, Z10 and Passport Silver Edition. All of them are in constant use. For instance, the Playbook I use while playing the guitar. It serves as songbook with all my songs and chords. Instead of turning pages I swipe and tap its display. In this sense I will certainly use all three devices next year at this time (provided doomsday hasn't come yet).

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:30 AM
    Unless a more powerful BB10 phone is released I plan to still be using my SE I just bought this month.
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    11-14-15 09:46 PM