Update: the overheating must have caused an issue with the circuit board yesterday.
    I didn't want to shut the phone down, thinking I would not be able to restart it, but the battery finally died not long after I wrote the original post
    So I unplugged it, and then thought about it, plugged it in again, and it is now charging like normal.

So yesterday when I plugged my Passport SE in to my Blackberry car charger, I got the message that the charger was not recognized or something like that...
    Figuring something had happened with the charger, so I plugged the phone in when I got home.
    But an hour later, I realized that phone was still not charging, but just maintaining and staying on, thanks to power from the Blackberry wall charger.
    This morning it finally died completely.
    I have had no battery issues before this, and I only use OEM chargers.

Only thing I can think of, is that something happened when the phone ended up laying in the hot sun, on a car seat, for about 20-30 minutes.
    When I got back in my car, the phone was really hot.
    Does anyone know if heat can damage batteries, or should I worry about something else being damaged?

Or could it be something as simple as the charging port being damaged, where it will power the phone, but not charge the battery?

Anyway, I searched for a replacement battery to order, to see if that would fix the problem.
    But it seems like they are all aftermarket from China, or used.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? (I searched but didn't find any similar treads)
    Does anyone have a good recommendation to where I can buy a new OEM battery for the Passport SE?

Any suggestions for what to, are welcome, Thnx!
    Last edited by 2gunnar; 07-11-16 at 09:47 AM. Reason: working again
    07-11-16 09:06 AM
    07-11-16 09:15 AM
    Buy new phone. Probably, iPhone or Nexus.
    07-11-16 11:27 AM
    Buy new phone. Probably, iPhone or Nexus.
    Well; WOW! That was such an powerful and expertly crafted response, that I now feel I just have to quit using my Passport.
    I mean, if people hating on Blackberry, are able to come up such expert replies, their phones must be as awesome as they are!

Forget everything else including writing this reply, need to run to the store and buy an iphone... (or maybe not)

In reality, I have tried other phones. For what I use the Passport for (mostly business communication with multiple accounts) it's still the best phone I have had. One of my other lines is an Android based phone, and I still prefer the Passport SE

Jdesignz response was albeit my "Any suggestions..." still a bit too immature for my taste.
    But maybe my reply is exactly what he wants, so he can keep trolling to feel powerful and mighty?!?!

Anyway, the phone is working great again!
    Guess the lesson is to not forget the phone while exposed to the sun!
    Last edited by 2gunnar; 07-11-16 at 01:15 PM.
    07-11-16 12:19 PM
    It's not a good idea to expose any chemical battery packs directly to the sun for hours at a time. 20-30mins is brief, and these products are mostly employing 0-65/85C parts, with that high number being the die temperature, not ambient. But if it gets hot enough for long enough, any electronics will cook depending on the electrical part specs. BTW, apparently the new iPhones go into thermal protection mode (off) when it gets too hot. Without knowing, I would venture that at least one thermal management / sys control app exists for Android if not already built in the new hw.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 02:56 PM
    Well; WOW! That was such an powerful and expertly crafted response, that I now feel I just have to quit using my Passport.
    I mean, if people hating on Blackberry, are able to come up such expert replies, their phones must be as awesome as they are!

Forget everything else including writing this reply, need to run to the store and buy an iphone... (or maybe not)

In reality, I have tried other phones. For what I use the Passport for (mostly business communication with multiple accounts) it's still the best phone I have had. One of my other lines is an Android based phone, and I still prefer the Passport SE

Jdesignz response was albeit my "Any suggestions..." still a bit too immature for my taste.
    But maybe my reply is exactly what he wants, so he can keep trolling to feel powerful and mighty?!?!

Anyway, the phone is working great again!
    Guess the lesson is to not forget the phone while exposed to the sun!
    Why would u exposed a best business phone under the sun? You don't deserve it bruh. Smh
    Last edited by jdesignz; 07-11-16 at 10:07 PM.
    07-11-16 08:59 PM
    Why would u exposed any phone under the sun? Smfh.
    Let me explain it, at an for you hopefully comprehensive reading level:

The Evil Mother Earth always puts a spin on my life!
    Despite my now recognized as futile attempt, at leaving the phone in the shady darkness created by the roof of the car, Mother Earth in collaboration with Mr Time turned on me, allowing the mean Sir Sun, to send it's evil rays through the window, straight at the passenger seat and my poor defenseless Passport...

Clif notes, it was not intentional, duh!
    07-11-16 10:40 PM