I know its 2 completely different devices. Long time BB10 user - bought the priv and returned it because i couldn's stand android. Being a phone addict, i need a new device. Never used a physical kb device before - thats the only dilemma in buying the passport SE.
    Also going to play with a demo of lumia 950 - initial reviews don't sound too promising. But the device looks nice.

This is a BB forum so i assume everyone would recommend the passport..Anyone here who has moved away from BB10 to a windows phone?
    11-26-15 12:17 PM
    I have a Passport and a Lumia 640XL. Lumia was not yet updated to wp10 although microsoft promised to be for several times since January. I'm using Lumia for the weekends or when traveling for vacations. You faces the problem of lack of apps or event worst then bb10.

What I can say is that experience on Passport is miles ahead with of microsoft. Particularly the email and hub.

If you want something to work, go to Passport. If you want something to play go for android or iphone. If you best of both worlds, I'll say go for BlackBerry Priv. Although there are some nay sayers, I think is just great and will improve with next updates.

Hope this helps you to make a decision.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 01:01 PM
    I meant July, not January

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 01:02 PM
    If you want something to work, go to Passport. If you want something to play go for android or iphone. If you best of both worlds, I'll say go for BlackBerry Priv. Although there are some nay sayers, I think is just great and will improve with next updates.
    Posted via CB10
    I already bought the Priv and got rid of it. Cannot use Android - i just love BB10 - that's the main reason I'm considering PP SE
    11-26-15 01:21 PM
    The missus has a Lumia phone and I'm not a fan of the third party app situation nor do I like the core apps (email, calendar, browser, etc.). I personally find it frustrating to use the few times I have to use it. It's still on Windows 8.1 though so not sure 'if' Windows 10 will improve it or not. I'm not optimistic as MS Windows Phone updates usually seem to be a let down when they finally get around to showing up.

That being said, some people obviously like Windows Phones so I would suggest (as with any phone) to try it out to see if it meets your needs or not. Maybe try to find one at a store you can return it to and give it a good two weeks (if possible) to see if you like it.
    11-26-15 02:07 PM
    In this case go for Passport. You won't regret. It's a workhorse and battery last a full day with no problems. I have installed the Google playstore to download some apps. But it then realised that the main apps I use are on blackberry world or amazon store so I just deleted. So far so good and I'm using it for 1 year.

I'm of the opinion that should I have to move to a different OS probably I'll go for windows but for now bb10 satisfies and exceeds all my needs. I use the phone mostly to email, text, BBM, facebook, instagram and in my view nothing compares to bb10. I was expecting from windows a much better experience particularly in what concerns to email management (I have my office account with microsoft exchange), but to me the blackberry experience is much better. The passport is a bit unique in respect of its format you either love it or hate it. What I can say is that after 1 year I'm not tired of it (and I like to change phones quite regularly). In my country the Priv is not yet available, but to be honest I am not thinking to buy it when it becomes available. I may change my opinion when test one but had a samsung S3 long ago and I didn't like the android ecosystem. Quite confusing to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 02:13 PM
    I know its 2 completely different devices. Long time BB10 user - bought the priv and returned it because i couldn's stand android. Being a phone addict, i need a new device. Never used a physical kb device before - thats the only dilemma in buying the passport SE.
    Also going to play with a demo of lumia 950 - initial reviews don't sound too promising. But the device looks nice.

This is a BB forum so i assume everyone would recommend the passport..Anyone here who has moved away from BB10 to a windows phone?
    I have tried quite many windows phones until I gave up, since the lumia 800, and 900, updated to windows phone 7.8 on lumia 710 and still disappointed :
    - windows phone 7 and 7.8 : late notification, over simplified menu and settings, lack of apps, cannot save too many emails on the phone (you need to always refresh to get older email), no customization for notification (sound), etc

- then I tried windows phone 8.1 (lumia 520, 625, 720, 1520) : sometimes late notification (especially for skype, line, bbm, I needed to open the app to refresh chats back then, they might be fixed it now), first time notification tray introduced but still too simple and has many limitation, settings menu still simplified and custom notification was bad compared to BlackBerry z10. No universal search. Can't store older whatsapp messages in your phone (this is insane), it needs to load older messages from server every time and I don't know why.

I haven't tried windows 10 mobile yet, so I can't tell whether the essential problem already fixed.

But the high end model sure have fantastic camera.

Still, the hub experience in BlackBerry devices is something windows phone cannot beat. At least not yet for now.

Sorry for the English

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-26-15 02:53 PM
    If you are new to the PP the keyboard takes a while before you get used to the unconventional layout. Touch typing took many many months for me because the keys are not where you expect them to be.

Now I'm fine with the strange layout. The PP is the coolest and most functional device around.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 04:24 PM
    I have a 930 running wm10. It's a great phone but always revert back to BB10. Even tried a PRIV for a few days but... In my opinion if communication is what is most important to you you will always come back. Integrated email accounts is important to me and WM does not deliver

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 04:32 PM
    I've had the Lumia 950 for a week tomorrow and I like it. It's takes getting use too though being with BlackBerry for almost 10 years. I don't have complaints, many complain about apps, but I didn't do that with BlackBerry. App just aren't a deal breaker for me, the OS needs some polishing but I'm digging it right now.

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    11-26-15 09:59 PM
    Finally bought the lumia 950 on the weekend. Liking it so far. Missing the hub and some of the efficiency of bb10. Nothing major though. Like the hardware and not a big user of apps. So no biggie for me.

One big issue is this phone doesn't have an all emails views which is just nuts. I've to go to individual accounts to see inboxes. Go figure!!

I've another 3 weeks to test this. If it doesn't workout, I can always return it. So far so good.

Sent from mTalk
    Last edited by vhl71; 11-30-15 at 12:24 PM.
    11-30-15 12:12 AM
    If you go 950 make sure to get the continuum dock to really see the power of the device and OS. Not to mention Microsoft/Lumias have amazing cameras and software

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport SE
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-30-15 09:25 AM
    For me the answer is both. I recently bought a Passport SE AND I ordered the Lumia 950. Here is my take on these two phones:

The BB although not running android can get me by with those Android apps that I just have to have. The one thing that Windows has failed to do is garner developer attention or build an emulator or bridge to make it easier for folks to get apps. I personally thought wow once the phone arrives -- what am I going to do with it? The major apps like Facebook, Twitter etc are there but some others like GIECO or even spotify arent there. I will most likely go steady with my BB and send the Lumia 950 packing once I fiddle it with it.
    11-30-15 11:03 AM
    Finally bought the lumia 950 on the weekend. Liking it so far. Missing the hub and some od the efficiency of bb10. Nothing major though. Like the hardware and not a big user of apps. So no biggie for me.

One big issue is this phone doesn't have an all emails views which ia just nuts. Ive to fo to individual accounts to see inboxes. Go figure!!

Ive another 3 weeks to test this. If it doesn't workout, I can always return it. So far so good.

Sent from mTalk
    You know the craziest thing about Outlook app on Windows phones... they dont have an "All Email" view, but the app on Android does! Much of the mobile OS is still half baked.
    11-30-15 11:04 AM
    I'm usually very objective and don't talk people into BlackBerry if it doesn't make sense. In your case though, definitely go for the Passport.

Win 10 phone might have a lot of potential but it didn't unfold yet. The Passport is a very solid device and in my opinion it looks totally awesome.

Well, if you need a good camera, the Lumia could be worth a thought, or if you need any specific apps that are available on Windows.

Otherwise I'd definitely recommend the BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 01:09 PM
    You know the craziest thing about Outlook app on Windows phones... they dont have an "All Email" view, but the app on Android does! Much of the mobile OS is still half baked.
    What do you mean all email view in outlook app?
    11-30-15 01:42 PM
    What do you mean all email view in outlook app?

If you've multiple email accounts configured in outlook, ability to view all emails in one view similar to bb hub.

Surprisingly this basic feature is missing in W10.

Sent from mTalk
    11-30-15 01:47 PM
    I also have a Gmail account and I cannot test it yet. I thought before I could link all email together with windows phone so that all email goes to one email app.
    I have a Lumia 830 with the latest built of win 10. So far it is not bad quite snappy while surfing. Occasional freeze but nothing to complain about.

I'm going back with the pp for its physical k-board. I'm tired of typing on the glass and make too many typo.
    I wanted the 950xl, for now I'll pass on it
    11-30-15 01:55 PM
    Been using the lumia 950 for 3 days now - its a nice phone. but i still miss some key BB10 features - hub, specifically W10 doesn't have the all mails view, bed side more, and profile changes with a click of a button to name a few.
    Love the lumia's screen display though, sharp and beautiful. Battery drain is a problem. I might return it and get a passport SE. But the physical kb is what's bothering me since I've never used a PKB before.
    11-30-15 06:23 PM
    Been using the lumia 950 for 3 days now - its a nice phone. but i still miss some key BB10 features - hub, specifically W10 doesn't have the all mails view, bed side more, and profile changes with a click of a button to name a few.
    Love the lumia's screen display though, sharp and beautiful. Battery drain is a problem. I might return it and get a passport SE. But the physical kb is what's bothering me since I've never used a PKB before.
    I wouldn't be bothered about the keyboard don't let that put you off you will get used to it and it's a joy to use just love flicking words up on it when ever I show anyone the keyboard features they are greatly impressed.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 03:45 PM
    I just came from a Lumia 920 (had it for 3 years) and bought a Passport. Honestly, the first day was rough because my hands felt like they were cramping really badly. But a week later it feels very comfortable and it's easy to type quickly on it. The battery life and the capacitive keyboard are simply excellent. I miss swype a little for one handed messages, and the camera is atrocious compared to a Lumia, but otherwise very happy.
    12-02-15 07:45 AM
    Love the Passport keyboard. The combination of the width of the device and the fact it's a giant trackpad makes this by far my favourite BlackBerry device. I prefer using this over the Z30.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    12-02-15 08:05 AM
    So here comes the real test. Had my lumia 950 for about 4 days now and started liking the device. Beautiful display and some minor quirks which I'm sure will be fixed in the next OS updates.

Now im getting an almost new PP SE for a great price. So what should I do? I can still return my lumia since I bought it outright from ms store. Real dilemma!!

Sent from mTalk
    12-02-15 08:41 PM
    You should check out the review for it at Windows central.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-02-15 08:48 PM
    I edited some sports footage with a friend, his windows phone couldn't do it. His phone was the one with the best camera I think the 1520. Mixed his footage with my footage and even slowed it down using Story Maker. Here it is fwiw. I even played bass on the soundtrack.

BB10 as an OS is way more functional for me, but without android apps Windows phone is ahead of the App game compared to BlackBerry imho. So BB10 wins with Android.

That said I have never used Windows phone, just my impression watching my friend and talking phones. My Fri end is a big Windows phone fan and I may go that direction in a year depending on BlackBerry future phone lineup.

 Passport SE 
    12-02-15 09:31 PM
41 12