09-07-16 11:20 AM
50 12
tools
    My wife has an LG G4. As someone else mentioned, the battery life is not great. Not nearly as good as my Z30. Her G4 always seems to be running low, while all I do is charge my Z30 at night and never even think about it until the next night. I don't know how the PP compares.
    If I have to go Android one day, battery life will be one of my most important priorities. I don't want to have to go back to the days of carrying charging packs all the time. Been there, done that with my old Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 12:16 PM
    Guys. Let's get real here.

I remind you, mentioned here (and defended by some others):
    30 to 100% in 20(!!) minutes.

That's BS.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    09-01-15 06:20 PM
    Really? Based on what evidence, your detailed response? If you have an actual factual contribution to make, please add it to the discussion, but your post, posts, add nothing to the discussion. If you have used the G4 and actually have knowledge of it, by all means, post it here.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    09-01-15 06:20 PM
    Hop over to android central. G4s are having some issues. There are many of threads about it. I almost got one about 2 months back, kinda glad I didn't. I was purely getting it because of its insane camera UI.

Via Passport via CB10
    09-01-15 06:29 PM
    Wrong place kid. This needs to be moved into an appropriate place.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:20 PM
    I would say the se. I have heard that the g4 is an amazing device but the battery life is horrible. To the point where they give you two batteries. On top of that you have to charge both twice within the day for you to be able to use the phone.

I love my passport. Best phone I have gotten. I really want the red one or the se one. Not enough funds though.

Posted via CB10
    codeslinga likes this.
    09-01-15 10:21 PM
    I came from LG g4 android only from 3 day and for my fast experience whit BlackBerry Passport i love it!!! Battery life is a new experience for me!!!

Inviato dal mio Passport utilizzando Tapatalk
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-03-15 12:51 PM
    Look on XDA developers - with the right fast charger - 30 minutes seems about right.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    my nexus 6 will do to about 70% from 15 in 20 min t has a 3 stage fast charge
    09-05-15 09:51 AM
    The LG4. That way, when you get bored, you can peel the leather and sniff the glue.

Posted via CB10
    Joey Vajda likes this.
    09-05-15 10:07 AM

I didn't defend by the way, I just asked for your evidence. I personally don't care either way, but posting something is BS is rather juvenile, due to the language and lack of any supporting evidence. That was my only point. If you wish to refute someone's post, it is better to do so in a civil way and simply give supporting evidence. Thanks.
    09-05-15 11:56 AM
    Think it's called Quick Charge 2.0.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 01:38 PM
    I would go for se too
    passport is such a strange and unique device :d
    09-06-15 08:24 AM
    I think I can help. I went from a Z10 to a Passport SE only 2 days ago.

What I've really liked is the keyboard shortcuts while you're out of any apps and on one of the home screen pages as well as a different set of keyboard shortcuts while Web browsing. I'm a fast typer so the PKB is actually taking me a slight bit longer to type but it's improving.

But the best part is I love the Web Browsing. I can magnify or zoom out and scroll up/down or left/right using the touch-sensitive keyboard and without touching the screen.

When you're not playing games all day and use your Passport like a mini-computer that it is, it's amazing how important viewing Web pages can be. And that advantage on the Passport SE (and probably the original too) is alone enough to make me forget my Z10 virtual keyboard which we can all agree is the industry Best.

So short answer: I'd get the Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 10:20 PM
    hey everyone

Last week I sold my Passport to Buy SE But I still hesitant between SE and LG G4
    Because the BlackBerry will become Android

Any Suggestions ?
    I think I would agree if you buy Android LG G4. The reasons:
    1. Android supports Google services very well, you don't need confuse do many step like install cobalt, install this install that
    2. It is easy to switch off dial pad tone without need to customize app notification one by one tp make it sound because of the profile chosen becomes silent
    3. For games, Android does very good
    4. Update OS / firmware is faster from my experience using Android before
    5. Apps are very good. Apps like WeChat, Line, Facebook, Twitter, more update than BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    snoop tiger likes this.
    09-06-15 10:42 PM
    I love blackberry but I love apps more so I made the jump
    good phone good camera .. battery life stay 24 hour with NORMAL use .. 11 hour with heavy use and that enough for me
    I will come back to blackberry family but I want change for some time ..
    THANKS EVERYONE !!
    09-07-15 05:26 AM
    I had the original PP, had the Classic, still using the Q10 (and have a Q5 as back up) and have a LG G4.

The PP is a beast in performance, battery and size.

The Classic..hated the toolbar and scroll pad and started double typing.

The Q10 is the best of PKB BB's I have used.

The LG G4 I used when my office said all BlackBerry's would no longer work due to the change in server.

Used the LG G4 for 2 weeks and the pros: very snappy and smooth. All apps work, dual screen (like work-wide but in vertical format), excellent camera, using Google apps (docs, drive), removable battery), on handed use. Cons: battery last about 11 hours (not enough need at least17), no hub, no sending emails with attachments in other email. Inaccurate typing (almost all my email sent with BlackBerry have almost zero spelling mistakes, almost all my emails has silly mistakes). I could have spent more time to proof read but never did with my BlackBerry so they just went out wrong. Doesn't look good as a professional.

The PP is a two handed device and is fantastic for work but once you have some free/ downtime, watching videos is not that good. Also taking calls was quite awkward, not ergonomic and a bit clumsy.

The LG G4 is excellent for calls, and fit snug in the palm with the curved back. The leather back is also so nice.

In the end, my Q10 was fine with the new server switch, so I'm back using that since it does most of the thing I need well (except youtube videos). I don't play any games so that's not an issue with the PP or Q10 or other BlackBerry's I have.

If I did play games, the LG G4 would be better (but the battery would die faster). Good thing is you can swap the battery.

Sorry if a bit repetitive. Type this while have my morning coffee.

Posted via CB10
    snoop tiger likes this.
    09-08-15 08:16 PM
    I had the original PP, had the Classic, still using the Q10 (and have a Q5 as back up) and have a LG G4.

The PP is a beast in performance, battery and size.

The Classic..hated the toolbar and scroll pad and started double typing.

The Q10 is the best of PKB BB's I have used.

The LG G4 I used when my office said all BlackBerry's would no longer work due to the change in server.

Used the LG G4 for 2 weeks and the pros: very snappy and smooth. All apps work, dual screen (like work-wide but in vertical format), excellent camera, using Google apps (docs, drive), removable battery), on handed use. Cons: battery last about 11 hours (not enough need at least17), no hub, no sending emails with attachments in other email. Inaccurate typing (almost all my email sent with BlackBerry have almost zero spelling mistakes, almost all my emails has silly mistakes). I could have spent more time to proof read but never did with my BlackBerry so they just went out wrong. Doesn't look good as a professional.

The PP is a two handed device and is fantastic for work but once you have some free/ downtime, watching videos is not that good. Also taking calls was quite awkward, not ergonomic and a bit clumsy.

The LG G4 is excellent for calls, and fit snug in the palm with the curved back. The leather back is also so nice.

In the end, my Q10 was fine with the new server switch, so I'm back using that since it does most of the thing I need well (except youtube videos). I don't play any games so that's not an issue with the PP or Q10 or other BlackBerry's I have.

If I did play games, the LG G4 would be better (but the battery would die faster). Good thing is you can swap the battery.

Sorry if a bit repetitive. Type this while have my morning coffee.

Posted via CB10
    I just had to return my Passport SE since it was defective (hardware, not cosmetic) out of the box. I was considering the LG G4 since I can get it through my carrier for $200 less than buying the SE outright.

Can you explain a little more about e-mailing? You mentioned "no sending emails with attachments in other email" but I'm not too sure what you mean by that.

Also how is the battery life compared to the Passport? Although I only had the Passport for a few days before sending it back, I wasn't very impressed with the battery life (maybe I had too high of expectations).
    09-24-15 09:28 AM
    I think it's a simple choice. Do you use apps? Yes, LG. No, Passport
    geomun likes this.
    09-24-15 12:35 PM
    I just had to return my Passport SE since it was defective (hardware, not cosmetic) out of the box. I was considering the LG G4 since I can get it through my carrier for $200 less than buying the SE outright.

Can you explain a little more about e-mailing? You mentioned "no sending emails with attachments in other email" but I'm not too sure what you mean by that.

Also how is the battery life compared to the Passport? Although I only had the Passport for a few days before sending it back, I wasn't very impressed with the battery life (maybe I had too high of expectations).
    In normal desktop email, using outlook, you can save the email with the original attachments in the original format or html or txt. Excluding txt format, I think you can keep the email and it's attachments intact. If using BB10 phone, there is an app called Email Saver that also lets you save the email in EML or HTML format with original attachments. You can then attach this email with its attachments to another email. This is useful if you need to prove you sent the original email.

If using Android, so far I haven't figured out how to send an email complete with its attachments in an email.

As for battery life of the LG G4, it is a bit better than the Passport. The Passport would last about 18-20 hours for me. The LG last about 22-24 hours. Just like to add, I had a Korean version LG G4 (LG F500S) and it was dropping calls like crazy and also had horrid battery life 10-12 hours. I traded for a local model in HK (LG H818N) and the battery life doubled. I guess the Korean version was limited in local band width was struggling to find the correct signal (hence eating the battery).

If thinking of getting the LG G4, get one that is right for your region.

The LG G4 is faster than the Q10 and I'm getting used to this virtual keyboard, so I'm using this as my main phone for now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by nglfmark; 09-29-15 at 08:36 AM.
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-29-15 08:21 AM
    LG G4.... No more Words....
    09-29-15 12:01 PM
    Passport SE if I were you.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    10-01-15 04:27 PM
    Personally, I would look at the V10 instead of the G4 for the unique secondary screen that makes multitasking a breeze. The Camera is also more professional. It's the best camera out there for still and video. If I was looking for a multimedia device, this would be my choice.

As a business user, I would rather have a Passport for myself for the following reasons.

BlackBerry Flow and multitasking. Use a BB10 device for a couple months first then try an Android or iPhone. You will miss it.

Physical keyboard. I can open any app by typing the first 2 letters and choosing my app. You can make a shortcut for almost everything such as contacts, calendar, Voicemail, notification setting, with a single touch.

Security. I know it may sound cliche, however I put too much sensitive information on my device. I feel safer having a BlackBerry.

Hub and notifications. I love using the hub and the banner notifications rather than a pulldown shade from Android and iOS. I can respond instantly without having to open a separate app.

The screen on the Passport is great in sunlight, and it is a great size for reading and messaging while maximizing the text size. No need to tilt the device for landscape. And as big as the screen is, it fits in shorter pockets without hanging out. The aspect ratio works well with about everything I do for business. Multimedia not always the best, but it meets my needs.

Battery life is a solid day with heavy use.

Speakers are awesome, noise cancellation is just as good. Call quality is top notch. I can do conference calls on speaker and hear clearly without those on the other end having complaints.

I am fortunate that my BOA app works so well on my Passport as does my GEICO app. I may have patched it though. I have all the apps that I need at the moment working great on 10.3.2. However I could see if you do not have an app that you feel is critical, going BB10 altogether is not ideal.

I love my passport, I love typing on it and I love messaging with it. I give messaging, notification, and phone capabilities about 75% priority over games, camera, and multimedia functions.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 10:25 AM
    You would love the passport. Stay with BB10. You deserve better.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    10-02-15 10:55 AM
    how is the picture quality compared to the LG G4?
    09-07-16 05:21 AM
    I used my pp on the mall and the guy next to me watched and say 'hey guy that gadget is great' and I said yap gadget for work man

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 11:20 AM
50 12