Hi There,
    Have been using BlackBerry since 2005 without an issue,recently purchased Passport silver edition and notice that it's getting heated up at the top right corner and during charging the phone and also watching any videos while charging. Guys help me out on this please. My SE is only a month old so haven't seen anything of screen lifting issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 05:55 PM
    Hi There,
    Have been using BlackBerry since 2005 without an issue,recently purchased Passport silver edition and notice that it's getting heated up at the top right corner and during charging the phone and also watching any videos while charging. Guys help me out on this please. My SE is only a month old so haven't seen anything of screen lifting issue.

Posted via CB10
    Right top corner is fine, it will be almost hot at times. this is were the controller chip sits.
    06-10-17 06:14 PM
    Thanks a ton,what do you think the solution of it as all the BlackBerry phones has the controlling chips sitting one place or the other,they never use to get heated up. Believe me it becomes so hot the moment I start seeing a video on U tube ,the upper half band till the sensor slot and the complete right half side of the phone. Pls guys help me out.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 02:33 AM
    Nothing is broken. There is nothing to fix. The device will get warm, even very warm, when there is a high demand on the processor. So long as the device doesn't get real warm and stay warm with high battery drain over time you are ok.
    06-11-17 04:52 AM
    If you have a weak signal either data and or wifi your SE will get warmer. You will notice watching videos with a strong wifi signal 📶 way better! Good luck
    06-11-17 05:02 AM
    Thank you all for the reply and iam so relieved now

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 01:18 PM
    I get the warmth and high battery drain. Not sure how to stop the battery drain?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 09:50 AM
    I get the warmth and high battery drain. Not sure how to stop the battery drain?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe some app running in background? Do you have many Android apps installed?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 03:01 PM
    I got like 5 android apps

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 03:59 PM
    Thomas, use the Device Monitor app and look at the top of the list on the battery and CPU tabs. You may want to vary the time scale to look at the data different ways.

What you are looking for is something that is consistently high. Consumers of resources will fluctuate. They will go up and down, but when up will not stay up, and when down will be nearly at zero. The problem behavior will be something that is running high and stays high even though it may be fluctuating. You want to try and identify something that is behaving abnormally. If the new abnormal behavior is recent you may be able to identify it by looking back in time and seeing the change from before when resource use was small to now when it is large.

So, first step is see what you see and whether you can make some sense of it. What is at the top of the list on the two tabs, and what are the values?
    06-12-17 04:08 PM
    These Nagging issues are pain,what can't things be perfect,mine so hot can't hold the phone while charging as my palm is on fire and the keyboard touch is annoyed with me just doesn't want to come back to normal,bloody replacement takes so many days now. Once the mother of smart-phones now a piece of irritating bundle.

Passport Silver Edition
    06-17-17 06:14 AM